NO ONE Wanted McCarthy

JohnnyLV

A select few here were telling everyone the whole time how reidiculously over rated McCarthy was on the board.

Its ok, thats what being a fan of this clownshow franchise can do to decent people. They see a name, a super bowl and want to believe the other 14 years of mediocrity and awful play calling and decision making didn't exist.

Gase isn't a perfect hire either but he sure brings a lot more to the table than McCarthy.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There is one report that he was offered full control and another report that he was asked to come in for an interview. I find it it hard to believe the cards were willing to give him complete control over everything without even an interview. It sounds like a McCarthy leak to me. 

Yup, added with the fact that McCarthy has said in the past he’s never wanted roster control and La Canfora was doing the reporting, looks like McCarthys agent was just drumming up interest 

43 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He has 1 super bowl ring and the 3rd highest winning percentage of all the HC’s from last year. He gets credit for developing Rodgers. Gase is a loser according to his record. Super bowl ring, all the division titles and 3rd highest winning percentage among all 2018 nfl HC are FACTS. Would you take Andy Reid? He went 4-12 and 8-8 his last 2 years in Philly. The Chiefs are the #1 seed. Would you take Gase over Andy reid?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And when McCarthy had GB with Rodgers out he was a loser.  But Gase without a QB for 3/4 of his time in Miami and his just under .500 record is a loser.  Amazing how their rosters help determine their W/L record.  Who would have guessed?

We are now in the psychological phase of retroactive justification “all along”.

all of the unmetabolized ego derivatives that previously were floating around chaotically are now being arranged into a rational ordered system of support, brick by brick, a statue of Adam gases balls, so as to wash them

so to speak 

2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

You and didn’t that’s for sure. As fans, we have no choice but to get behind the guy. I’m rooting like heck as other fans that he turns out to be a great coach with multiple Super Bowls. With that being said, I don’t get cocky Jets fans bashing McCarthy as if he was terrible. The new coach is a loser according to his record (as was Bowles) What makes Gase a better HC than McCarthy? The only saving grace for Gase is if Williams comes and coaches the defense and Boyer stays on as Special teams coach. The eye test will come in September and I hope his offense is ready to go. The excuses are over, it’s time to win. Time will tell.

that pretty much sums it up.  gase is the coach let's see what he can do for the jets.  it's not like they hired charlie winner or kotite again.

as for mccarthy, i don't know why he didn't get the nod.  imagine they were basically interviewing kingsbury over him.  pair mccarthy with a good oc and dc and you'd have a good team.  the only reason for not hiring him is if he somehow lost the green bay lock room or had other issues in dealing with the team.  this offense/defense proficiency is just so much bs.  the hc is all about keeping the team motivated and ready to play each sunday.  they all know the x's and o's pretty well.

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I don't love the Gase hiring. Especially combined with Williams, it could be lightning in a bottle or a dumpster fire for the next 2 years where we are looking for a new GM and coach.

It seemed most wanted McCarthy, and I am very happy he is going else where. He would have gradually killed this franchise over next 4 years.

I know most wanted him, and I see everyone is building all these little explanations and little conspiracy theories on why he was not hired.

The truth is that the NFL saw what I did, and no one really wanted. him.

Browns had some interest, but only if he accepted Kitchens as OC, meaning they were not confident in the thing he is known for most.

The Jets interviewed and quickly moved on to other candidates. The Jets seemed to really like Kingsbury, seemingly close to hiring Ruhle and hired Gase, which means AT BEST McCarty was 4th. I think his time as a HC is over. The NFL has just passed him by.

I still dont love the Gase hire since it is so prone to completely failing, but I am so glad we didnt buy the fools gold of McCarthy and no one else did either. 

I will credit his agent for doing everything he could (unsuccessfully) to make it look like he was turning down teams not the other way around.

this is an over statement supposedly the cards offered him everything and he said no. He was being picky and looking for a situation that suited him best...... not to sound bad but very bad title and questionable take at best because he said no to one job and may have said not to others without letting anything leak out

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwisycLN0OjfAhVtc98KHfJBB18QFjAAegQICRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.revengeofthebirds.com%2F2018%2F12%2F30%2F18161330%2Farizona-cardinals-mike-mccarthy-full-control-steve-keim-steve-wilks&usg=AOvVaw3UOd3NUvvplr5F-ojc6mVn

And when McCarthy had GB with Rodgers out he was a loser.  But Gase without a QB for 3/4 of his time in Miami and his just under .500 record is a loser.  Amazing how their rosters help determine their W/L record.  Who would have guessed?

Says one of the loudest bangers of the McCarthy drum.

You should get into politics with your remarkable ability to flip flop.

25 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Says one of the loudest bangers of the McCarthy drum.

You should get into politics with your remarkable ability to flip flop.

Loudest what?
Because I said he was ONE of the ones I would have been ok with and understood the hire?  Before all the info came out about his interview?  Thats your point?  Thats a flip flop?  To you.  A troll who spent little time taking about who he wanted compared to the time spent bitching and moaning over who liked which coach

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Loudest what?
Because I said he was ONE of the ones I would have been ok with and understood the hire?  Before all the info came out about his interview?  Thats your point?  Thats a flip flop?  To you.  A troll who spent little time taking about who he wanted compared to the time spent bitching and moaning over who liked which coach

Because when it looked like he was the frontrunner for the Jets job, you said things like this...

You know it makes perfect sense.  A 9 time division winner, SB winning coach, who developed Rodgers could never figure out how to implement some of those new fangled plays.  Maybe we should send him a YouTube acct password.  He could watch those unstoppable Kingsbury plays 

Got to live the idea that because he's older he runs an outdated, ineffective offense.  Especially when the numbers say differently.

and

Are you trying to tell us that GB week Rodgers didn't embrace the vertical passing game?  

They're a to 10 offense with Rodgers playing QB his last 3 full seasons.  Where does this stuff come from?  McCartht, S Payton, SD, any other old school offenses that are too old to work? 

Funny, I remember when most said pretty much the same things about A Reid.  Now, not so much

BUT NOW HE SUCKS.

So I wanted McCarthy and we did not get him . HOWEVER even of he was not the right guy for the job it still doesn't make sense that we hired this Gase loser (based on record) for the job. As Jet fans suffering is what we do. 

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

BB was already an accomplished defensive coordinator for several teams.  His early years with the pats were won with defense as much as offense.

So was McCarthy. 

IMO no way did GB look to get a failed OC and put them in charge of their storied franchise.

2 hours ago, The Troll said:

How many times have you seen Brady go off script after a play breaks down and make an athletic, superhuman play?

How many hail maries has Brady completed to give Belichick “wins”?

I never see him do it!! 

I won't defend Brady, he isn't my GOAT!

But I will say this from time to time, in conjunction with the cheating, Brady has bailed BB out the fire. :) 

However......

In truth you don't win as much as Brady has w/o good coaching and the same is true in the reverse for the HC.

22 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Because when it looked like he was the frontrunner for the Jets job, you said things like this...

and

BUT NOW HE SUCKS.

1.  I never said he sucks. Sorry, seems like your whole theory starts off with a rather big flaw in it.

2.  Nothing you took the time to search, copy paste and become fully owned disputes anything I said I posted.  Nowhere did I say he was my choice, solid choice, favorite choice, only choice.  What you posted is what I said, I understood at the time why he could be the choice.  Sorry that the rest of your theory fails as badly as the start did

Sorry some of you have to make every F'n choice into a who has the bigger dick contest, have to feel that you actually won something. 

As I it seems to have to be said to you and your ridiculous claims, go troll somewhere else, youre not good at it

1.  I never said he sucks. Sorry, seems like your whole theory starts off with a rather big flaw in it.
2.  Nothing you took the time to search, copy paste and become fully owned disputes anything I said I posted.  Nowhere did I say he was my choice, solid choice, favorite choice, only choice.  What you posted is what I said, I understood at the time why he could be the choice.  Sorry that the rest of your theory fails as badly as the start did
Sorry some of you have to make every F'n choice into a who has the bigger dick contest, have to feel that you actually won something. 
As I it seems to have to be said to you and your ridiculous claims, go troll somewhere else, youre not good at it

I’m not digging into your post history again, but I’ve seen you cite his losing record over the last three years several times in recent threads about him, whereas a few days ago, you were citing 9 playoff appearances, etc, etc.

Sorry for being a “troll” and holding you accountable for your own words after you followed me around neg repping everything bad I said about McCarthy for days.

And as for the big dick contest, check your PMs. ;)

11 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I don't love the Gase hiring. Especially combined with Williams, it could be lightning in a bottle or a dumpster fire for the next 2 years where we are looking for a new GM and coach.

It seemed most wanted McCarthy, and I am very happy he is going else where. He would have gradually killed this franchise over next 4 years.

I know most wanted him, and I see everyone is building all these little explanations and little conspiracy theories on why he was not hired.

The truth is that the NFL saw what I did, and no one really wanted. him.

Browns had some interest, but only if he accepted Kitchens as OC, meaning they were not confident in the thing he is known for most.

The Jets interviewed and quickly moved on to other candidates. The Jets seemed to really like Kingsbury, seemingly close to hiring Ruhle and hired Gase, which means AT BEST McCarty was 4th. I think his time as a HC is over. The NFL has just passed him by.

I still dont love the Gase hire since it is so prone to completely failing, but I am so glad we didnt buy the fools gold of McCarthy and no one else did either. 

I will credit his agent for doing everything he could (unsuccessfully) to make it look like he was turning down teams not the other way around.

Are you a graduate of “ slip and fall school “? Kudos to those that get that 1 ha

E8BB6E1E-95D7-4546-9F95-08468F1C5741.png

5 minutes ago, The Troll said:

I’m not digging into your post history again, but I’ve seen you cite his losing record over the last three years several times in recent threads about him, whereas a few days ago, you were citing 9 playoff appearances, etc, etc.

Sorry for being a “troll” and holding you accountable for your own words after you followed me around neg repping everything bad I said about McCarthy for days.

And as for the big dick contest, check your PMs. ;)

Yes, I have cited his losing record.  I will again, just as I did before.  In conversation comparing him to Gase I've said Gase was just under .500 but he didnt have his QB for 3 rds of the time.  Hard to win that way, just like McCarthy is a loser over his last 3 seasons with Rodgers injured over for almost 2 of those 3 years.  See, logic 

Sorry this has confused you and sent you off talking about accountability or whatever other nonsense you want to bring up because you missed the point and quite frankly just seem to want an argument by following my around and putting words into my mouth.  

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

According to the O.P.  all of that was fabricated by McCarthy's agent.  ?

That's some comedy gold, right there.  

Got to love when people fabricate phony facts to further their unsupported speculation.

7 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

A select few here were telling everyone the whole time how reidiculously over rated McCarthy was on the board.

Its ok, thats what being a fan of this clownshow franchise can do to decent people. They see a name, a super bowl and want to believe the other 14 years of mediocrity and awful play calling and decision making didn't exist.

Gase isn't a perfect hire either but he sure brings a lot more to the table than McCarthy.

Lets see the stats dont lie

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/index.htm

In 2016 he lost in the championship game thats 2 seasons ago. The guy has a higher winning percentage then Parcells. Everybody buys the CoolAid the Johnson boys are selling. Some team will get him and there will be a lot of sorry fans that buy into the Johnsons crap. Whatever team gets him will be in the playoffs while the Jets are looking for another GM and coach. Until the Johnson boys are gone this franchise is dead.

5 hours ago, The Troll said:

and

BUT NOW HE SUCKS.

Lol that have to be jetnut.  I’m going to start ignoring the flip floper  with no backbone. Lmao.

that pretty much sums it up.  gase is the coach let's see what he can do for the jets.  it's not like they hired charlie winner or kotite again.

Kotite was better with the Eagles before he joined the Jets than Gase was with the Dolphins.

I get supporting the team and all but I’m just not sure you guys understand how monumentally of a bad hire this was.

Lets see the stats dont lie

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/index.htm

In 2016 he lost in the championship game thats 2 seasons ago. The guy has a higher winning percentage then Parcells. Everybody buys the CoolAid the Johnson boys are selling. Some team will get him and there will be a lot of sorry fans that buy into the Johnsons crap. Whatever team gets him will be in the playoffs while the Jets are looking for another GM and coach. Until the Johnson boys are gone this franchise is dead.

Yes, he lost the championship game. A game they were only in because Rodgers made a scrambling, miraculous play and then threw an absolute laser into a tiny window to Jared Cook 40 yards down the field right on the sideline to set up Crosby’s game winner as time expired.

Thank goodness Rodgers made that play so McCarthy could pad his resume by leading the team to a conference title game where they were down 31 before scoring a point.

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2016.htm

This is Gase best year with a healthy Tanahill, Ajayi and Landry only ranked 17 in offense thought this guy was a great offensive mind. While Mcarthy went to the championship. No hate here just common sense. Stats dont lie.

Ryan Tannehill (Who missed the last three regular season games as well as the wild card game)  vs. Aaron Rodgers.

Context doesn't lie. 

NFL head coaches are getting younger is the trend or else Tom Coughlin would be on the sidelines somewhere. 
Mike McCarthy didn't seem like the right fit for our 21 year old QB it seems. 

The trend? Younger coaches because of McVay. Age has nothing to do with coaching. Don’t tell me Gase is a better coach than McCarthy cause he is younger.

Current playoff coaches by age:

McVay: 32
Lynn: 49
Pederson: 50
Garret: 52
Payton:54
Reich: 56
Reid: 60
Belichek: 66

How do you explain how these old coaches outside of McVay win? Also, I would take all 8 of those coaches over Gase any day of the week.

4 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Yes, I was at MetLife when they beat us. Have you seen any dolphins games the last 3 years? Did you see the Dolphins coach with no division titles, no super bowl titles and at best 26th ranked offense.

I saw the Dolphins kick our asses with a much worse roster. 

Adam Gase will do fine  hear relax.

Archived