NFL Weekend Playoff Game Thread

joewilly12

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Ok so this is what kicks the playoffs up a notch...

a rematch between the Saints and Rams in the NFC Championship Game and a rematch between the Chiefs and Chargers in the AFC Championship Game.

both regular match ups were something to see.

Yeah, those are definitely the two games I'm hoping to see.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rams are the kind of team I’ve always wanted the Jets to be:

- a nasty, ferocious D which is always pissing off the opponent, and

- an aggressive O which plays to the player’s strengths. Doesn’t need to be a ground and pound, doesn’t need to be air raid. Just do what your players do best. 

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Todd Gurley!!!! The Georgia Bulldog!!!

They really like him out here.  No drama, does his job - very well, and goes about his business.  Involved with children’s charities, and not just with his money, but his time.

Perfect for the L.A. market.

A fine representative of his university.

9 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This may have already been talked about but does anyone else find it funny that offensive savant in the NFL is heavy on the run game and play action passing?  Like such old school staples, but done so well.  The way the game of football is progressing, you wouldn't think the top offense in 2018 would be centered around such basic concepts.

Exactly.  That’s why all this talk about the NFL turning into the Big12 is comical.  It’s still about being balanced and being able to run the ball.   

Chargers have no chance

Travelling east 2 weeks in a row, fighting the refs and the headsets

Gilmore and mccourty are the best CB pair in the NFL

Chargers offense will come to a halt

look for questionable calls on 3rd down or when the cheaters need one

30 minutes ago, Larz said:

Chargers have no chance

Travelling east 2 weeks in a row, fighting the refs and the headsets

Gilmore and mccourty are the best CB pair in the NFL

Chargers offense will come to a halt

look for questionable calls on 3rd down or when the cheaters need one

KC winning yesterday helps the Chargers a lot.  If IND had won, then the Chargers would host the AFCCG in their outdoor shed of a stadium.  NO way the NFL would let that happen and the refs would have gone wild trying to assure a NE win.  With KC hosting the game no matter what, they may lay off the most egregious one-sided calls.  

I'm hoping the Melvins go off today and leave no room for the refs to even try to get spin their bullshit calls into throwing the game.  Think Brady would ever have gotten called 'in the grasp' like Dak did yesterday?  Nope.  if that were Brady, they would have called a roughing the passer because a fingertip grazed his helmet.

20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

KC winning yesterday helps the Chargers a lot.  If IND had won, then the Chargers would host the AFCCG in their outdoor shed of a stadium.  NO way the NFL would let that happen and the refs would have gone wild trying to assure a NE win.  With KC hosting the game no matter what, they may lay off the most egregious one-sided calls.  

I'm hoping the Melvins go off today and leave no room for the refs to even try to get spin their bullsh*t calls into throwing the game.  Think Brady would ever have gotten called 'in the grasp' like Dak did yesterday?  Nope.  if that were Brady, they would have called a roughing the passer because a fingertip grazed his helmet.

Hey anything can happen but the only team I've ever seen get more calls was Jordan's bulls.

The obvious things to watch are the holding calls against bosa and Gordon, gronk and Edelman pushing off on the top of the route, and chargers DBs getting called for holding lol

11 hours ago, Lith said:

Jason Garrett is weak and conservative like Todd Bowles. Playing “ not to lose” wasn’t just last night, but his style for years, as was bowles. Why those 2 will never win. Look at mcvay going for the kill, as did Peterson last yr in Super Bowl.. no way do eagles win if they played weak conservative Bowles game. Why the falcons lost the bowl 2 years ago to pats after being up 3 scores late in game. They played “ not to lose “ with that weak prevent D.. belli cheat always has been well known to be aggressive in many aspects.. 

12 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

24 years old and in the last two seasons he has 60 TD’s with a 100+ passer rating in each.

Get out of here you jokers.

You have to realize how it works here. Luck is "over rated". Goff, Mahomes, and Mayfield are "products of their system, and/or the players around them" and would be mediocre if they played here. Ergo, Darnold will no doubt be better then all of them, because he plays here.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

25 degrees feels like 18 degrees for kickoff today in NE according to the Weather Channel. 

Light wind.  Sun shining.  And at least the snow that came through the midwest is staying south of New England.  Cold may be a factor, but not as big a factor as it could have been if the snowstorm tracked farther to the north.

Any idea how Rivers has handled the cold throughout his career?

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Light wind.  Sun shining.  And at least the snow that came through the midwest is staying south of New England.  Cold may be a factor, but not as big a factor as it could have been if the snowstorm tracked farther to the north.

Any idea how Rivers has handled the cold throughout his career?

His record isn’t good in cold games.   His record isn’t good against Brady.  His arm is getting weaker by the day.   I’d love to see the Chargers win, but don’t see it happening today.  

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

His record isn’t good in cold games.   His record isn’t good against Brady.  His arm is getting weaker by the day.   I’d love to see the Chargers win, but don’t see it happening today.  

Thanks for spreading sunshine and good cheer to start off my Sunday.

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Glad to see that! All hands on deck. Gates blows my mind. Looks like he's 300 lbs. and is very slow, but always finds the soft spot in the "D

Hoping Henry can work the middle of the field and take some coverage away from Allen and Williams.

Chargers need to score 30 to win, in my estimation.

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Glad to see that! All hands on deck. Gates blows my mind. Looks like he's 300 lbs. and is very slow, but always finds the soft spot in the "D

Hoping Henry can work the middle of the field and take some coverage away from Allen and Williams.

Chargers need to score 30 to win, in my estimation.

I don't know -- I just don't see Rivers winning a shootout with Brady in New England.  When the Pats have lost htis year they have been kept at 20 or under (except the MIami miracle game).  Really think Bosa/Ingram will need to pressure Brady, get him off his game and Chargers can win a 24-20 type game. 

If the game is in the 30s, I just don't see the Chargers coming out on top.

32 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't know -- I just don't see Rivers winning a shootout with Brady in New England.  When the Pats have lost htis year they have been kept at 20 or under (except the MIami miracle game).  Really think Bosa/Ingram will need to pressure Brady, get him off his game and Chargers can win a 24-20 type game. 

If the game is in the 30s, I just don't see the Chargers coming out on top.

I also think it's more a factor of how well the Chargers can get to Tom Tom, L.. If they can have him getting up with turf stuck in his helmet enough times - Rivers has the skills and tools to take down these cheating scum. Without pressure in a head to head shoot out  - the story will play out like we've had to puke to too many times.

Archived