WayneChrebet80

Top 50 Free Agents 2019

Rate this topic

On 1/12/2019 at 10:44 AM, DMan77 said:

I'm bad at figuring out cap space and decent salaries and such... But I'd love these four:

Sign Bell (RB)

Sign Ansah (4-3)

Sign Paradis (C)

Sign Ja'Wuan James (OT)

That might be getting close or past the limit... But Bobby Massie would be nice too. He got off to a slow start in his career but he's looked better the last few years and really found a home at RT.

He's going to be farther down on this list for sure but it might be fun to take a chance on Terrell Suggs... He's going to be 37 in October, but he had 7 sacks this year and he could be a real leader out there.

They need to sign 18 or 19 players and hope 4 or 5 draft picks make the roster

I'm no capologist but that sounds expensive lol

23 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

If they need to resign Dak and/or Zeke, I wonder if they can afford to franchise him again? 

Cap is going up $14 million so probably yes

On 1/12/2019 at 10:44 AM, DMan77 said:

I'm bad at figuring out cap space and decent salaries and such... But I'd love these four:

Sign Bell (RB)

Sign Ansah (4-3)

Sign Paradis (C)

Sign Ja'Wuan James (OT)

That might be getting close or past the limit... But Bobby Massie would be nice too. He got off to a slow start in his career but he's looked better the last few years and really found a home at RT.

He's going to be farther down on this list for sure but it might be fun to take a chance on Terrell Suggs... He's going to be 37 in October, but he had 7 sacks this year and he could be a real leader out there.

Ansah is a huge injury risk I’d be worried about giving him a big contract 

I’d like someone to explain the logic behind a 2nd round tag, to save ~$1MM  in an offseason in which we started out ~$100MM under the limit, plus could easily clear still more space if so desired. It would make no sense.
I bet we won’t extend him yet, though. Instead (if we don’t lose him) Darnold will have a much improved sophomore season, and Robby will have his best season yet in a pass-happy offense - between 1100-1300 yds and ~10 TDs - and then in 2020 we’ll extend him at $14MM/year he wouldn’t nearly cost to lock up now.
I can at least get the reluctance of a Robby extension for some, because some simply don’t think he’s worth keeping past this season. A matter of opinion, so fine. But for now tagging for a 1 instead of a 2 is a no-brainer. No one’s parting with any 1st round pick for Robby, however after the draft someone might very well part with a 2020 mid/late 2nd rounder. Then we’ll lose him this season with no replacement, only getting a pick between #50-60 a year later (trade value of a mid-late 3rd in 2019). Maybe not but it’s an unnecessary risk.
My concern with Robby is that he has had 2 offseasons in the nfl and had off field problems in each. I am not saying that people don't deserve second chances or anything like that but I wouldn't want to lock him up and guarantee him a fair bit of money to see him get suspended and miss games. If he were willing to sign a deal without big guarantees it would be a different story. By putting a second round tender in Robby we get something back of another team takes him from us while postponeing the risk of a long term commitment?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

My concern with Robby is that he has had 2 offseasons in the nfl and had off field problems in each. I am not saying that people don't deserve second chances or anything like that but I wouldn't want to lock him up and guarantee him a fair bit of money to see him get suspended and miss games. If he were willing to sign a deal without big guarantees it would be a different story. By putting a second round tender in Robby we get something back of another team takes him from us while postponeing the risk of a long term commitment?

He's going to be here no matter what this year anyway. You're talking about guaranteeing 1 more year, after which he’s on annual team options they can opt out of any time before week 1.

Plus there's that other thing: they're going to extend him anyway. Only difference is they're going to wait so his dollars go up by 50-80% per season, and as I mentioned there'd be clauses in there for off-field garbage. The guarantees would be in there so long as he stays out of trouble. They'd be for skill and injury but not for getting arrested.

The bigger risk, depending on one's point of view, is sitting on our hands and hoping he wants to re-sign here after we no longer hold the cards and no longer benefit from exclusive negotiations.  Plus he's already shown his hand that he wants an extension now, and everything is about compromise. Remember he hasn't made dick yet. A preseason Keller-like knee explosion, and for the rest of his life he gets nothing but an injury settlement for $2MM before taxes.

#1 priority has to be C, I’d probably want morse the most since he’s young and can also play swingman OT. one of the edge rushers- frank clark, dee ford or lawrence. then if they could add an LB like barr or if they could draft allen the defense would be radically transformed. I’m not in love with the skill positions but I’d like a speed WR like john brown who would probably come cheap too. if there’s money left for bell then sure why not but they need to load up on depth here

43 minutes ago, cant wait said:

#1 priority has to be C, I’d probably want morse the most since he’s young and can also play swingman OT. one of the edge rushers- frank clark, dee ford or lawrence. then if they could add an LB like barr or if they could draft allen the defense would be radically transformed. I’m not in love with the skill positions but I’d like a speed WR like john brown who would probably come cheap too. if there’s money left for bell then sure why not but they need to load up on depth here

Agree with this.  Signing one of those centers has to be a priority.  I’d throw in Fowler Jr as a fallback option at edge-rusher if the others don’t hit the market.  

And I’m also not enamored with any of the offensive skill positions players on that list.  Leveon would be the only weapon worth big money IMO.  

Doesnt look like the ideal year to have 100 mil in space and be in need of offensive help.  

If Lawrence shakes free he should be the top guy. If not I’d love Frank Clark and/or Trey Flowers. Try to sign Bell. Darby’s coming off ACL but he’s young and a solid #1 corner when healthy. I’d also look into Paradis, Saffold, Brown and Humphries. Grady jarret wouldn’t be bad either. Lot of ways we can go and a lot of cap space, can’t sign everybody but you gotta bring in a ton more talent. OL and Pass rush are top priorities, but signing Darby would be an awesome addition to the secondary, I think Derrick Jones can be our Skrine slot replacement.

On 1/12/2019 at 7:07 AM, WayneChrebet80 said:

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2019-nfl-free-agents-list/

Not sure which of the top 10 guys will actually make it to free agency, but if I am the Jets I would try to sign at least 2/3 interior OL in Paradis, Saffold, and Glowinski. 

Dude Wayne Chrebet was the name props on the name and post!!

23 hours ago, Larz said:

They need to sign 18 or 19 players and hope 4 or 5 draft picks make the roster

I'm no capologist but that sounds expensive lol

Haha it does! I actually thought I was keeping it light with just those players but now I have no idea.

Agree with OP.  Saturday and Saffold should be early, priority targets.  Go for both and hope you get at least one.  I'd look at James as well.  We really need to materially upgrade at least 2 positions on the OL this season to give Sam a fighting chance and C should absolutely be one of them.

Another guy that could be interesting is Brandon Graham from PHI.  The Eagles will likely burn their tag on Foles in order to get a trade done, leaving all of their other UFAs free.  Graham is a solid, versatile DL who could really work out here, particularly if we use more 4-3 fronts.  While we're on the Eagles, Ronald Darby is a young DB coming off injury but very talented and might need to take a short, show-me deal.  Could be a good gamble and lord knows we need more depth, if not starters in the secondary.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:18 AM, nycdan said:

Agree with OP.  Saturday and Saffold should be early, priority targets.  Go for both and hope you get at least one.  I'd look at James as well.  We really need to materially upgrade at least 2 positions on the OL this season to give Sam a fighting chance and C should absolutely be one of them.

Another guy that could be interesting is Brandon Graham from PHI.  The Eagles will likely burn their tag on Foles in order to get a trade done, leaving all of their other UFAs free.  Graham is a solid, versatile DL who could really work out here, particularly if we use more 4-3 fronts.  While we're on the Eagles, Ronald Darby is a young DB coming off injury but very talented and might need to take a short, show-me deal.  Could be a good gamble and lord knows we need more depth, if not starters in the secondary.

Those are all fine suggestions.  I think the Eagles say bye bye to Foles however. 

On 1/12/2019 at 9:08 PM, bealeb319 said:

If the Texans for some stupid reason let clowney slip away he should be priority number one. Guy has been a game changer this season.

he and watt were invisible against the colts and the colts got manhandled by the chiefs d. no need to overpay for underperforming talent 

he and watt were invisible against the colts and the colts got manhandled by the chiefs d. no need to overpay for underperforming talent 
Quite litterally that is what you do in free agency...teams don't let stars walk you are over paying for underpreformers and guys with red flags.