Jump to content
DMan77

Bob Raissman on Joe Benigno

Recommended Posts

blowhards gon blow....  HARD

content_blowjob-effy.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get how anyone can listen to sports talk radio. It's mind-numbingly stupid. Even Francesa, who IMO despite his arrogance is the only guy that's truly knows what he's talking about, is unlistenable.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have always thougth that the Jets are treated differently by the media than any other team in the NFL because they are the only team that does not dominate their home market.  The Giants are the old, established and more successful franchise with the bigger fanbase.  I really think this impacts the way we are covered.  If you are covering the Jets, and you rely on fair, balanced reporting, your are followed by 40% - 45% of your market.  If you are outrageous, over the top and overly critical, you will attract more than just Jet fans.  It is what it is and not likely to change soon.

The Giants always have a stable owner who knows and love football, they would had never pull this crap hiring Gase instead of the obvious choice McCarthy.  We had terrible owners who treat this team as their personal hobby.   It is always the same sh*t move with the Jets.  If I was a Jets fan and have a voice in the media, I too will be overly critical of this mundane franchise.  Giants fans in the media are the adult, right?  Let the Giants make stupid move after stupid move for 50 years and lest see what happens with some of their fans in the media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

The Giants always have a stable owner who knows and love football, they would had never pull this crap hiring Gase instead of the obvious choice McCarthy.  We had terrible owners who treat this team as their personal hobby.   It is always the same sh*t move with the Jets.  If I was a Jets fan and have a voice in the media, I too will be overly critical of this mundane franchise.  Giants fans in the media are the adult, right?  Let the Giants make stupid move after stupid move for 50 years and lest see what happens with some of their fans in the media. 

I am not suggesting that the Jets or any other team should be immune to criticism from the press.  And I have no problem with the media being critical of a team.  They should not be homers.  When a team underperforms, loses double digit games 3 straight seasons, misses playoffs for 8 straight, they should be subject to criticism.  Maybe its just personal preference, but I prefer to read/follow media that I think are fair and balanced in their approach and offer reasoned and researched opinions, and if those opinions are critical, so be it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

What exactly is today's fan base? You have your opinion just like Joe Beningo and the many others. What is this new reality you speak of?

 

Full-fireman Ed? Again what does that mean in this context?

 

 

 

 

 

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

If you don't have a PSL, you aren't a real fan anymore. Been that guys schtick since 2010.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Most, sports media are dinosaurs, dead and do not know it yet, they have been replaced by this board (and others like it) - better information, better analysis, real fan opinions, etc...

GMFB and most of the NFL talk shows are more variety show than anything else - skits, singing and dancing  - unwatchable unless you like SOAPs

Kay Adams is cute.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That column is toilet paper. Beningo is an idiot, but he’s not always wrong. Mehta and Costello really did have a vendetta against McCarthy. The fact that that’s a lunatic accusation doesn’t make it any less true. Meanwhile this dipsh*t is calling the new coach “Mr. Gase” and calling for his fainting couch because someone had the gall to criticize the Johnson brothers. Give me a break.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I don't get how anyone can listen to sports talk radio. It's mind-numbingly stupid. Even Francesa, who IMO despite his arrogance is the only guy that's truly knows what he's talking about, is unlistenable.

I like some of the ex-players on NFL Radio.  Ross Tucker, for example, has some good moments.  The show with Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller as well.  They sometimes say dumb things or miss points, but overall, they seem to be fairly un-biased towards or against a particular team.  And when callers are stupid, they usually point it out and move on quickly.  I only listen when I'm driving so I don't get overloaded on any particular show.

And I am shocked to be saying this, but Cowherd has grown on me a bit.  I used to think he was completely useless.  Now I think he's only about half useless.  Big jump up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I like some of the ex-players on NFL Radio.  Ross Tucker, for example, has some good moments.  The show with Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller as well.  They sometimes say dumb things or miss points, but overall, they seem to be fairly un-biased towards or against a particular team.  And when callers are stupid, they usually point it out and move on quickly.  I only listen when I'm driving so I don't get overloaded on any particular show.

And I am shocked to be saying this, but Cowherd has grown on me a bit.  I used to think he was completely useless.  Now I think he's only about half useless.  Big jump up.

Yes. I like the thinkers and the the guys who know the schemes and realize what may have gone wrong on a particular play. 

The guys that like the human interest stories bother me and when their voices raise to screeching levels they need to be shut off.

That said. Benigo went to The Connecticut school of broadcasting. How about that Bro? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

That column is toilet paper. Beningo is an idiot, but he’s not always wrong. Mehta and Costello really did have a vendetta against McCarthy. The fact that that’s a lunatic accusation doesn’t make it any less true. Meanwhile this dipsh*t is calling the new coach “Mr. Gase” and calling for his fainting couch because someone had the gall to criticize the Johnson brothers. Give me a break.

The vast conspiracy theory frankly is the emperor with no clothes. To argue that Mehta actually influenced the Jets decision-making is about as realistic as thinking that JetNation was a factor.  Dumb and dumber.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

That column is toilet paper. Beningo is an idiot, but he’s not always wrong. Mehta and Costello really did have a vendetta against McCarthy. The fact that that’s a lunatic accusation doesn’t make it any less true. Meanwhile this dipsh*t is calling the new coach “Mr. Gase” and calling for his fainting couch because someone had the gall to criticize the Johnson brothers. Give me a break.

Joes got two fake hips and just wants to see the Jets win at this point. He’s irrational, but In this case, he’s right. Adam Gase? Come on. He’ll be fired in two years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Joe and Evan but they came off extremely poorly in that interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rangerous said:

we'll have to see what gase does.  he checked many of the boxes i would have been looking for.  but when maneesh tries to argue that the nfl has passed mccarthy by is that because he's 55?  is the bellichicken something north of 65?  wasn't parcells 55 when he took the jets job?  it sounds like age discrimination.  and just what do the younger guys know?  remember when pete carroll used to have his pick up basketball games with the team?  and didn't rex bring the team to places like dave and busters?  i mean just where does maneesh think the nfl is going?

I don't think it's age discrimination.  He looks at McCarthy as a guy with a team that has regressed in the past few years.  McCarthy was not a slam dunk candidate in any way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jets fans lead the league in playing the victim and Beningo has gone full-Fireman Ed, struggling to deal with the new reality.

Neither represent today's fanbase and need to go away already.

SAR I

Benigno called into Roberts’ podcast today and said he’s warming to the idea of Gase, especially if he hires Gregg Williams as his DC.  His negativity can make for interesting radio (mostly for the humor of it) but he really did go over the line when interviewing Mehta.  I’m no fan of Mehta btw (his “wait until tomorrow for the big news” when the “big news” was “Jamal Adams is friendly with Michael Jordan” was a true embarrassment).  But Mehta at least conducts himself like a professional when being interviewed, even when the interview consists of baseless attacks on his character. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vader said:

meh. raissmann going full kremlin. 2+2=5

This made me laugh. It's hilarious. Who's worse Badabingo/Roberts or that douche?

I think I hate Roberts the most lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetsfansince7 said:

Grow up and get on board. All of you.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Getting on board isn't the point. No one is telling everyone to tow the line and enjoy the hire... This article is all about HOW you disagree and criticize. Benigno chose to be incredibly venomous and frankly downright cruel with how he decided to handle this, and it's silly.  We can disagree without attacking people's character and making nonsense up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not suggesting that the Jets or any other team should be immune to criticism from the press.  And I have no problem with the media being critical of a team.  They should not be homers.  When a team underperforms, loses double digit games 3 straight seasons, misses playoffs for 8 straight, they should be subject to criticism.  Maybe its just personal preference, but I prefer to read/follow media that I think are fair and balanced in their approach and offer reasoned and researched opinions, and if those opinions are critical, so be it.  

Let me get this Mehta was acting as The two clowns personal hit man, sabotaging a great coach chance to be the next Jets HC, at the same time he was excusing Gase mounting problem in Miami.  This guy was not fair with one coach and he should be pad on the back great job.  Yes, I’m good with Benigno ripping him on the air calling his work a hit job.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I always hear/read about the New York media like it's some mythical creature. 

From what I can gather, they appear to be nothing more than walking, talking, click bait machines.  Hot take specialist in the truest sense.  The lowest form of media.

It is pretty bad in the media.  But positioning the media against two idiots almost makes them almost look good.  How many games have they seen Gase coach?  He beats the Jets all the time. I doubt they watch the Dolphins or have had any interest int hem the past few seasons.  U dib;t tune in looking for Ryam Tannehill.  How many times int he last few years have they roasted doofus  MM for getting Doug Marrone (who they hated at the time) un-hired?  Or for myriad other blatantly anti Jet  articles?  Yes now he is in their pockets?  They are fans. Strange fans.  I know this, because logic is foreign to their natures.  They are imitating the Fat Man.  Screaming down guests for ratings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Getting on board isn't the point. No one is telling everyone to tow the line and enjoy the hire... This article is all about HOW you disagree and criticize. Benigno chose to be incredibly venomous and frankly downright cruel with how he decided to handle this, and it's silly.  We can disagree without attacking people's character and making nonsense up. 

Benigno is a churl----an ignorant lout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

This made me laugh. It's hilarious. Who's worse Badabingo/Roberts or that douche?

I think I hate Roberts the most lmao

When Joe goes Roberts will have to find a reputation. Being Joe's ass man has not served him well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Getting on board isn't the point. No one is telling everyone to tow the line and enjoy the hire... This article is all about HOW you disagree and criticize. Benigno chose to be incredibly venomous and frankly downright cruel with how he decided to handle this, and it's silly.  We can disagree without attacking people's character and making nonsense up. 

I understand


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, adb280z said:

I don't think it's age discrimination.  He looks at McCarthy as a guy with a team that has regressed in the past few years.  McCarthy was not a slam dunk candidate in any way.

I dont think McCarthy was a bad choice. I just think he insisted on his tepid staff coming with him and I do not blame the Jets for objecting to some of them.  Look at the dreck TB brought in. Get some names on your coaching staff.  Now no good OC is going to serve Gase. No point in that.  But a good DC and a good line coach would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened to Bengingo talk about the Gase thing and even argue with Manish. I had to shut it off because he sounded like a dumb guido arguing with some guy in a club.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DRJETS said:

The Giants always have a stable owner who knows and love football, they would had never pull this crap hiring Gase instead of the obvious choice McCarthy.  We had terrible owners who treat this team as their personal hobby.   It is always the same sh*t move with the Jets.  If I was a Jets fan and have a voice in the media, I too will be overly critical of this mundane franchise.  Giants fans in the media are the adult, right?  Let the Giants make stupid move after stupid move for 50 years and lest see what happens with some of their fans in the media. 

Heres where the woe is me nonsense comes in.

The Giants wouldnt have hired Gase?  McCarthy was that clear cut the guy to hire?  Says, who, you?  Says no one else apparently, he didnt ever get another interview.

The Giants? Who hired McAdoo?  Who had him bench Manning and then when there was a backlash from the fans attacked McAdoo and fired him?  Who have history of great hires like Handley?  Who refused to interview Belichick?  Who were the league laughingstock?  Had the league threaten to take their ownership away if they didnt hire George Young?  Had fans boycott the team at one point?

I'll tell you this much, when the Jets were the up and coming team in the late 70s early 80s and the Giants werent the George Young Giants, the Jets were no ones little brother.

Funny but their history isnt as glorious as some want to make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

These kinds of attacks on the Jets and Gase may have backfired for these clowns.  Its was so over the top that there seems to be a blowback from lots of likely and unlikely people disputing the claims and giving the choice and the Jets more praise for the hire than they got initially 

Takes an awful lot of stupidity for anyone on this board to almost feel sorry for Manish Mehta. Beningo and Roberts have accomplished that. Mehta reported the things about process that he knew about the Gase hire based on what he was told by both the interviewees and the Jets' front office. Now may be both sides of have a different way of seeing it, and may be they tried to spin the media. But all Benigno and Roberts have done is spew bile rather than say anything substantive. But I didn't listen to it; this is based on this article and what I've seen here. 

At some point either ESPN or FAN will offer Gase nice easy money for a weekly spot with Kay or Francesa; if he's got an ounce of common sense he turns it down. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Takes an awful lot of stupidity for anyone on this board to almost feel sorry for Manish Mehta. Beningo and Roberts have accomplished that. Mehta reported the things about process that he knew about the Gase hire based on what he was told by both the interviewees and the Jets' front office. Now may be both sides of have a different way of seeing it, and may be they tried to spin the media. But all Benigno and Roberts have done is spew bile rather than say anything substantive. But I didn't listen to it; this is based on this article and what I've seen here. 

At some point either ESPN or FAN will offer Gase nice easy money for a weekly spot with Kay or Francesa; if he's got an ounce of common sense he turns it down. 

I think the difference is Manish actually worked on his theory by talking to people associated with the process and players while the ass clowns just spewed their negative opinions and then attacked.  Also Manish you would think wouldnt be editorializing or trying to get to a different point like they are.  Theyre spinning the facts or their perception of facts to back their story of the Jets sucking from top to bottom.  Manish, even if slanted, is still reporting at least mostly on the process and the idea that one or the other they made their choice based on sound concepts, right or wrong

I was thinking the same thing about his weekly show.  Just hope when he takes it to ESPN and Mike gets pissed over accessibility that he targets the right two people to blame for his running to ESPN or some other outlet

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only difference between the NY media and L.A. is, NY media is a little louder, brasher, and a little more obnoxious....where the L.A. media can be more insidious, vicious, and will stoop to anything to dig up anything and exploit to bring down a program/individual that has known any amount of success.  

I’ll take NY, easy to just roll your eyes, plug your ears and ignore.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Let me get this Mehta was acting as The two clowns personal hit man, sabotaging a great coach chance to be the next Jets HC, at the same time he was excusing Gase mounting problem in Miami.  This guy was not fair with one coach and he should be pad on the back great job.  Yes, I’m good with Benigno ripping him on the air calling his work a hit job.

You are wrong all over the place. 

For starters, from what we're starting to learn the possibility of McCarthy not being the Jets HC was ultimately doomed when the Jets chose to shed Bowles and keep Maccag. And the wisdom of that decision is 100% a different conversation.

The Jets did not need Mehta's reporting for cover to do anything. 

And Gase is a young guy, not perfect, but has  valuable HC experience. 

100% I was looking for a McCarthy hire w/ no real interest in Gase. But the Jets went forward with Gase. So be it. Jet fans have far more reasons to see the glass as half-full than half-empty right now. The ones choosing to see it half-empty are making fools of themselves.

And predictably, the Gregg Williams hire will provide some cover for Gase snipers (Joe B.) to sneak back into the fold leaving those who drank the anti-Gase kool aid (you) with a deflated football in your hand foolishly insisting that the Jets have imploded.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I don't get how anyone can listen to sports talk radio. It's mind-numbingly stupid. Even Francesa, who IMO despite his arrogance is the only guy that's truly knows what he's talking about, is unlistenable.

Yup. Don't wanna subject myself to it. Finally stopped listening over five years ago when things got ugly with Rex. Francesa was the last guy I listened to at that point. It's gotta be worse now.

I limit myself to all sports media to the bare minimum to get news, and will check out a select few to get their take.  As far as I'm concerned it's all a cacophony of nonsense and BS for attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Heres where the woe is me nonsense comes in.

The Giants wouldnt have hired Gase?  McCarthy was that clear cut the guy to hire?  Says, who, you?  Says no one else apparently, he didnt ever get another interview.

The Giants? Who hired McAdoo?  Who had him bench Manning and then when there was a backlash from the fans attacked McAdoo and fired him?  Who have history of great hires like Handley?  Who refused to interview Belichick?  Who were the league laughingstock?  Had the league threaten to take their ownership away if they didnt hire George Young?  Had fans boycott the team at one point?

I'll tell you this much, when the Jets were the up and coming team in the late 70s early 80s and the Giants werent the George Young Giants, the Jets were no ones little brother.

Funny but their history isnt as glorious as some want to make it.

Lmao. 4 SB.  For you to feel better they make better choices than not.   On the other hand the Jets make almost all the wrong choices.   Take for instance at this,  the brother of the owner who knows nothing about football and a GM who is as inept as Matt Millen deciding the future of this franchise at a critical moment.  What could go wrong?  This is our usual Jets moment: “every body had this guy ahead of the guy the Jets chose but the Jets know something we don’t know”.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetmech said:

What exactly is today's fan base? You have your opinion just like Joe Beningo and the many others. What is this new reality you speak of?

Full-fireman Ed? Again what does that mean in this context?

The Shea fanbase is dead, that's what I mean.  This group of blue collar "dems Jets is da best" speaking guys from Queens who were 45-55 years old in 1985 are today 78-88 years old and no longer in the stadium and, for the most part, are no longer with us (RIP).

So when this caricature of that type of Blue Collar Average Joe Queens Angry Jets Fan gets played today, it bombs terribly.  Because today's MetLife fans are PSL wealthy white collar executives from Manhattan and the tony suburbs and we don't speak that way, we don't act that way, and we have half a brain and can't be fooled by the disingenuous, self-serving, and faked attitudes of these two clowns.

Fireman Ed quit on the team and keeps trying to find his way back and doesn't understand why no one does his chant anymore.  Answer?  We aren't a bunch of drunks anymore.  White collar types are there to watch the game with their kids, not to escape the misery of a life without money.

Joe Beningo used to be a great listen because he was honest and raw with his feelings.  Today 20 years later you can tell it's a job requirement, something they discuss in daily meetings, and something he's trying to sell a group of people who aren't drunk at 11AM and can see through his fakery.

Clear?  We good now?

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Let me get this Mehta was acting as The two clowns personal hit man, sabotaging a great coach chance to be the next Jets HC, at the same time he was excusing Gase mounting problem in Miami.  This guy was not fair with one coach and he should be pad on the back great job.  Yes, I’m good with Benigno ripping him on the air calling his work a hit job.

Come on, are you really this much of a lemming? Do you actually think Metha's opinion factored in even .00001 of a percent in the Jets decision?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Lmao. 4 SB.  For you to feel better they make better choices than not.   On the other hand the Jets make almost all the wrong choices.   Take for instance at this,  the brother of the owner who knows nothing about football and a GM who is as inept as Matt Millen deciding the future of this franchise at a critical moment.  What could go wrong?  This is our usual Jets moment: “every body had this guy ahead of the guy the Jets chose but the Jets know something we don’t know”.   

You got all of this after reading what I wrote?  LOL.  

1.  Every owner knows nothing about football from their backgrounds.  So?  Your point?  Which one has the football background, Mara or Tisch?

2.  As bad as Matt Millen?  Go away, the over the top whining makes you look silly.  I gave you some history on your beloved Giants and theyve had more than their fair share of screw ups.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Manning supposedly sealed the deal with Gase as CJ was acting as a freaking groupie is a slap in the face to all Jets fan.  A lot of fan here do not know but he screwed us big time in 95.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...