Patriot Killa

Jets’ pursuit of former Packers coach Mike McCarthy collapsed over staffing issues

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So both McCarthy and Rhule reportedly had concerns with the Jets micro-managing their assistant selections, yet this is all “agent spin”. Riiiight.

Meanwhile, both McCarthy and Gase would be calling the plays on offense, yet only McCarthy’s potential OC selection gets questioned.

Homerific!

I believe there was assistant issues with Rhule.  This McCarthy story, on the other hand, was pure bullsh*t.

Again, right before the Jets' selection of Gase was reported, McCarthy publicly lobbied for the Jets job in a public statement.  However, we now are to believe there was an issue with assistants?

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

I believe there was assistant issues with Rhule.  This McCarthy story, on the other hand, was pure bullsh*t.

Again, right before the Jets' selection of Gase was reported, McCarthy publicly lobbied for the Jets job in a public statement.  However, we now are to believe there was an issue with assistants?

Don't bother.  He stopped using what little logic he had a couple years ago.  It's all bash all the time now..  Another Tumshame victim.

12 hours ago, BCJet said:

Rogers play was bad?  25 TDs and 2 picks on the season - what exactly is good play if that is bad?  I dont even have a problem with McCarthy, my point is that you're evaluation of Gase is completely wrong.

You reiterate that the dolphins offense was at the bottom of the league, could that have had anything to do with Brock Osweiler starting 7 games?  What exactly should Gase have done with arguably the worst starting QB in the league?  Who exactly wanted out of Miami, Jay Ajayi?  He was really a big part of the Eagles after being dumped by Gase with his 540 yards since joining the team.

K. Shanahan started someone from the street and a 7th rounder when his staring QB went down in the first week yet his team finished #15 in total offense.  True offensive genius always fall back into their own identity as a coach. What is Gase identity?  

Don't bother.  He stopped using what little logic he had a couple years ago.  It's all bash all the time now..  Another Tumshame victim.

What have the Jets done to earn your constant adoration, 100 % of the time?

14-34 the last 3 years and I’m supposed to sing the praises of the team that kept its GM and hired their # 3 candidate.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

14-34 the last 3 years and I’m supposed to sing the praises of the team that kept its GM and hired their # 3 candidate.

I'm fair and balanced.  I've been calling for Bowels and Rogers head for 3 years.  You ignore that and insist I'm some kind of blind rah rah guy.  I just don't feel it's worth the time defending it so I let it go.

14 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

You would think a coach of Mcarthy's experience would have the latitude to choose his own staff without the owner meddling.  

You would think a coach of McCarthy's experience could reel in the Jets job - he did not.

The team has moved on, McCarthy has moved on. Maybe we should too.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

#3 candidate? What kind of stupidity is that? They made 1 offer, to Gace. Therefore he was their #1 candidate.

The McCarthy article is agent spin and shame on you for falling for it.

I do believe they wanted to hire Rhule, but only on the condition he hires a  top tier and experienced staff. Rhule balked at it, which I don't blame him. All of this has been reported, confirmed by Rhule and most importantly makes sense. I do think that it's an absurd condition and it's one reason why I think Mac primarily wanted a puppet.

I also think Mac should've been shown the door with/before Bowles and his goals this cycle weren't good for the team long term. However, at the end of the day, for better or worse and no matter the reason they choose Gase + his proposed staff OVER Rhule and whatever staff he wanted. 

Gase was their #1 choice, there is plenty to knock these two bozos over without having to resort to BS narratives.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

I'm fair and balanced.  I've been calling for Bowels and Rogers head for 3 years.  You ignore that and insist I'm some kind of blind rah rah guy.  I just don't feel it's worth the time defending it so I let it go.

Very weird that nothing on your CB post convey anything regarding our own Matt Millen who was kept and hired HIS most beneficial candidate, not the best.  Oh wait our owner stated to all Jets fan that we should love Macc cause he got us Darnolds.