Jets’ pursuit of former Packers coach Mike McCarthy collapsed over staffing issues

Patriot Killa

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

What have the Jets done to earn your constant adoration, 100 % of the time?

14-34 the last 3 years and I’m supposed to sing the praises of the team that kept its GM and hired their # 3 candidate.

I'm fair and balanced.  I've been calling for Bowels and Rogers head for 3 years.  You ignore that and insist I'm some kind of blind rah rah guy.  I just don't feel it's worth the time defending it so I let it go.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

You would think a coach of Mcarthy's experience would have the latitude to choose his own staff without the owner meddling.  

You would think a coach of McCarthy's experience could reel in the Jets job - he did not.

The team has moved on, McCarthy has moved on. Maybe we should too.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

What have the Jets done to earn your constant adoration, 100 % of the time?

14-34 the last 3 years and I’m supposed to sing the praises of the team that kept its GM and hired their # 3 candidate.

#3 candidate? What kind of stupidity is that? They made 1 offer, to Gace. Therefore he was their #1 candidate.

The McCarthy article is agent spin and shame on you for falling for it.

I do believe they wanted to hire Rhule, but only on the condition he hires a  top tier and experienced staff. Rhule balked at it, which I don't blame him. All of this has been reported, confirmed by Rhule and most importantly makes sense. I do think that it's an absurd condition and it's one reason why I think Mac primarily wanted a puppet.

I also think Mac should've been shown the door with/before Bowles and his goals this cycle weren't good for the team long term. However, at the end of the day, for better or worse and no matter the reason they choose Gase + his proposed staff OVER Rhule and whatever staff he wanted. 

Gase was their #1 choice, there is plenty to knock these two bozos over without having to resort to BS narratives.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

I'm fair and balanced.  I've been calling for Bowels and Rogers head for 3 years.  You ignore that and insist I'm some kind of blind rah rah guy.  I just don't feel it's worth the time defending it so I let it go.

Very weird that nothing on your CB post convey anything regarding our own Matt Millen who was kept and hired HIS most beneficial candidate, not the best.  Oh wait our owner stated to all Jets fan that we should love Macc cause he got us Darnolds.

Archived