I'm Starting to Be More Positive...

TNJet

Regarding the Gase hire. Obviously he'll be better than Bowles thats a fcking given. I think once Gase realises what he can do with the likes of Sam, Enunwa, Robby, Herndon, McGuire and Powell we might even have a chance to win 9 games his first season. And I would take that any day over 4-12. Factor in that I'm thinking we get Gregg Williams and we could be in betrer shape as a team than we've been since 2009.

We're going to have to make the right moves in FA and the draft. I just watched a video:

I don't necessarily agree with everything he says but he mentions some FA guys I haven't heard of or thought about including a Buster Skrine replacement. He suggests the following in FA:

Resign:
Myers
Robby Anderson
His brother Henry
Mo Claiborne
Avery Williamson
Rishard Matthews
Jeremiah Attaochu

Sign:
Denzel Perrymen (Chargers) at ILB (Lee's replacement)
Bryce Callahan (Bears) at slot 
Chance Warmack (Eagles) at guard

I like the sounds of Perrymen and Callahan especially but I don't know much about either.

Regarding the Gase hire. Obviously he'll be better than Bowles thats a fcking given. I think once Gase realises what he can do with the likes of Sam, Enunwa, Robby, Herndon, McGuire and Powell we might even have a chance to win 9 games his first season. And I would take that any day over 4-12. Factor in that I'm thinking we get Gregg Williams and we could be in betrer shape as a team than we've been since 2009.

It’s going to ok. Better than that

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

21 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I'm holding off my enthusiasm until/if we get Greg Williams in here as DC. I don't want one of Gase's coneys that no one has heard of or just plain sucks. I'm not overly impressed with his choice for OC.

If..is along shot.  I really do not see this happening.  If it does and a switch back to the 4-3 is in the cards, that is going to take time.  It is not like we have an overabundance amount of DL like we did in the past.

Glad people are coming around to at least giving this a chance. All should remember a few things:

Gase is known as a proven QB guru. 

Gase is young but experienced.

Gase’s QB’s in Miami were garbage. Let’s see how Sean Payton would do there. How’s Kyle Shanahan looked without Jimmy G or Matt Ryan?How did McCarthy (who half this board loved) look without Rogers? When Gase had the QB, his offenses looked great.

Gase was the offensive genius everyone wanted to hire before Shanahan, McVay, Pederson, and Nagy came onto the scene. He lived up to the billing, taking the Dolphins to the playoffs with Tannehill having a career year. 

Gase became just another coach the last 2 years because his average-at-best QB was hurt for a season and a half. But why? Kyle Shanahan is still touted as a QB guru even though he can barely win a game without Garroppolo. 49ers aren’t even competitive with a backup QB. At least Gase had Miami in the playoff hunt the last 2 years in December. I’m not knocking Shanahan. I think he’s a great offensive coach. But we should be more excited than pissed about Adam Gase.

19 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

If..is along shot.  I really do not see this happening.  If it does and a switch back to the 4-3 is in the cards, that is going to take time.  It is not like we have an overabundance amount of DL like we did in the past.

But we do have 2 good ones in Leo and Henry....and maybe 2 more in Fatukasi and Sheperd under a competent regime.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Actually pretty f’n amazing. Nick Mullins is a baller because of Kyle. Everything you said about Kyle is wrong.

I meant as far as wins. They’re picking second. I happen to think Kyle Shanahan is a great coach, even said so.

My point was, there’s only so much even the best of coaches can do, without a good QB. I’d rather have Payton or Shanahan over Gase.

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Not sure that's a given.  And I don't think it's obvious at all.

I'm not at all sure this team will be better under Gase than if we have Bowles another three years.  

Gase has proven to be worse at coaching offense (his specialty) than Bowles was coaching defense.

30 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

True, these sports message boards, college or pro, feels like you logged into a really bad Tennessee Williams soap opera....or a Mexican novella.  Bad, really bad. ????

Its like frikken Facebook I have a thought lets start a thread or I feel this way or that way lets start a thread I took a dump lets start a thread..

I think Monken is going to be a good coach, but I don't think having a first time head coach would be a good move for the Jets and Darnold.

I think allot of bad stuff came out on McCarthy to keep him from getting hired by anyone this year. I won't be surprised to see him back next season.

Would have liked the staff Tampa is putting together, but no way Arians was coming here, and he's really old.

I'm fine with Gase, but he does have self destruction tendencies he needs to overcome.

I think he got allot out of bad QBs and over achieved in Miami, so I'm hoping for the best.

Not that it means anything really, but Sean Peyton started his careee 25-23(2 games better than Gase).  With a HOF QB.

Sometimes it just takes time to find your groove.  Hopefully Gase has learned from what went wrong in Miami.  Hopefully for the next 15 years Dolphin fans are wondering how in the hell did they delivered him right into our laps.

What's encouraged me on Gase is the anecdotes of his game planning around opponents and how he crafted game plans for Tebow to be successful.

If he can design plays for Tebow to be successful, he can do that for Darnold, I think...

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not sure that's a given.  And I don't think it's obvious at all.

I'm not at all sure this team will be better under Gase than if we have Bowles another three years.  

Gase has proven to be worse at coaching offense (his specialty) than Bowles was coaching defense.

If Gase proves to me he can use his 3 timeouts effectively before half-time he's already better in my mind.

5 hours ago, Drums said:

We're going to have to make the right moves in FA and the draft. I just watched a video:

I don't necessarily agree with everything he says but he mentions some FA guys I haven't heard of or thought about including a Buster Skrine replacement. He suggests the following in FA:

Resign:
Myers
Robby Anderson
His brother Henry
Mo Claiborne
Avery Williamson
Rishard Matthews
Jeremiah Attaochu

Sign:
Denzel Perrymen (Chargers) at ILB (Lee's replacement)
Bryce Callahan (Bears) at slot 
Chance Warmack (Eagles) at guard

I like the sounds of Perrymen and Callahan especially but I don't know much about either.

This guy does not know the Jets. He's a Giants fan.

He has no idea we have two 3rd rounders. His moke isn't worth sh*t.

6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

This guy does not know the Jets. He's a Giants fan.

He has no idea we have two 3rd rounders. His moke isn't worth sh*t.

Yeah I know but I don't care about what he says with the draft. I care about the names he mentioned with FA and I think Callahan would be a good signing as would Perryman. The rest is whatever.

5 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

I'm holding off my enthusiasm until/if we get Greg Williams in here as DC. I don't want one of Gase's coneys that no one has heard of or just plain sucks. I'm not overly impressed with his choice for OC.

so how exactly is this post more positive?

7 hours ago, TNJet said:

Good for you, just keep working the program. 

This cycle felt very different. It seemed like a lot of writers and fans completely forgot how the process works and wanted immediate lighting decisions and this jets organization did a better job keeping things private.

In the absence of information it left people to guess and then the tribes were created and war declared!

I noticed talking points from a tweet becoming the basis of an opinion over and over again.

We know less than 1% of what really happened but act like we were at the table because of tweets lol

I was bummed at the gase news, I preferred Mccarthy and it seemed like a reality. That was nice validation that Sam is the real deal because (according to tweets lol)  Mccarthy was selective of where he interviewed

After seeing in the Bowles retro thread that on page 3 of the thread he hired a dline coach to be his DC The signs were there that the jets hired a guy based on his Arizona defense but were getting a completely different defense.

this time I won't really be able to form an opinion until I know who is doing what.

one last side note, there are fewer NFL head coaches than astronauts in NASA(38)

So "sucks" is usually a way to describe a coach that could use a little perspective lol

Some fans see the jets (according to tweets lol) meddling in the assistant coach process as some huge only the jets negative. Other teams do it, it's common practice

Can you blame them after rodgers and Gailey?

So since we will have 3 months to argue about 4 players we want to draft, let's just give them a chance and judge them by the results

Archived