Chad Pennington

DMan77

How would you feel about Chad Pennington as the QB coach? I haven't heard any rumors or anything but I thought it would be an interesting idea... I wonder how often a former player for a team becomes their QB coach... Chad's a pretty smart dude, like what Gase is trying to do, and sees a lot of promise in Sam... Could be interesting!

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Has he QB coached elsewhere, at any level?

Does he want to be a QB Coach?

Is the answer to either is "no", then why speculate?

Yea. I high school team that just brought the football program back lol. 

Don’t remember the McCown thread where someone went mental on me for saying why don’t we bring in Chad as well. He’s white and a sh*tty player. 

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Yea. I high school team that just brought the football program back lol. 

Don’t remember the McCown thread where someone went mental on me for saying why don’t we bring in Chad as well. He’s white and a sh*tty player. 

I find Jets Fans obsession with bringing back failed former players, especially failed QB's, to be.....odd.  And a bit creepy.

Neither Chad nor McCown has anyplace on an NFL sideline right now.  Let them go coach college for a few years and prove they have any skill at coaching first.

Just now, Warfish said:

I find Jets Fans obsession with bringing back failed former players, especially failed QB's, to be.....odd.  And a bit creepy.

Neither Chad nor McCown has anyplace on an NFL sideline right now.  Let them go coach college for a few years and prove they have any skill at coaching first.

That was my point but apparently Chad is a football genius.  

29 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

How would you feel about Chad Pennington as the QB coach? I haven't heard any rumors or anything but I thought it would be an interesting idea... I wonder how often a former player for a team becomes their QB coach... Chad's a pretty smart dude, like what Gase is trying to do, and sees a lot of promise in Sam... Could be interesting!

Wait, is McFrown sticking around? Besides, I'd think Gase would hire Peyton Manning as the QB coach

37 minutes ago, CTM said:

Keep Chad as far away from Darnold as humanly possible.

He's a yellow loser 

Wtf can Darnold, who is already being talked of having Brett Favre tendencies to go with “Carson Palmer in the pocket and Tony Romo out of it”, that’s some QB huh?  With those kind of attributes....but back on topic, what is he going to learn from a guy who would take 15 plays and need everything to go perfect to score a TD  BEFORE he was injured?

He can learn to checkdown 3/4 of the time, keep that completion % as high as possible to score a big contract from those who didn’t understand what he was doing.

”Do Not Want”

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Meanwhile, Kliff Kinckleberry, who threw a career total of 2 NFL passes was the hot name this year. LOL. 

Has he QB coached elsewhere, at any level?
Does he want to be a QB Coach?
Is the answer to either is "no", then why speculate?

Chad recently started a high school football program from scratch in a rural town. He’s completely committed to seeing the program succeed and will not be coming to be a an coach. At least not now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 hours ago, DMan77 said:

no thanks.  I'll pass on "the privilege" that would be Chad Pennington.

14 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Chad Pennington is a quality person and would be an excellent coach. 

Based on what?  Great guy, no doubt, quality person, no doubt.  But BFD.  No one EVER accused Parcells, Billicek of being great guys.

Herm Edwards was a great guy.  

I want a guy who has passion to coach.  

42 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Based on what?  Great guy, no doubt, quality person, no doubt.  But BFD.  No one EVER accused Parcells, Billicek of being great guys.

Herm Edwards was a great guy.  

I want a guy who has passion to coach.  

Why are you naming HCs?

The OP talked about QB coach.

Look if Chad wanted to coach and had the passion to coach IMO  there is not one iota of evidence to suggest he somehow lacks the understanding or knowledge to be an excellent coach.  

If Fank Reich can become a coach in the NFL so can Chad Pennington.  

People are conflating his playing with his knowledge of the game which is silly.  You don’t have to have been a GREAT QB to be a NFL QB coach, most QB coaches were not HOF players 

I am not saying he should play QB again, I’m simply stating that if Chad wanted to there is no objective reason why he wouldn’t be a fine QB coach. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Why are you naming HCs?

Look if Chad wanted to coach and had the passion to coach IMO  there is not one iota of evidence to suggest he somehow lacks the understanding or knowledge to be an excellent coach.  

If Fank Reich can become a coach in the NFL so can Chad Pennington.  

People are conflating his playing with his knowledge of the game which is silly. 

I am not saying he should play QB again, I’m simply stating that if Chad wanted to there is no objective reason why he wouldn’t be a fine QB coach. 

I agree with that I am simply tired of the "Chad is a great guy" talk. That is no basis for being a good coach but YES, he probably would be a terrific QB coach but imagine he was the QB coach in NE in 2000.  Does he help Brady?

Archived