Andrew Luck

Villain The Foe

4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Sportsmanship, intelligence and class...nothing more than my opinion about what makes a man, and an athlete.

:soapbox:     Jealousy doesn't become you, Helen, Sam is only 21. He has a chance to grow up and become the QB Mayfield is.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

:soapbox:

Funny how you are the first to jump on Jets fans for their homer views on their team or individual player, but let someone make a true statement about a non Jet you love.....

I knew exactly what I was doing, and why I posted those remarks...and I didn’t have to wait long for your predictable response.

I’m like Villian, stirring up the predictable board “realists.”

1 minute ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Funny how you are the first to jump on Jets fans for their homer views on their team or individual player, but let someone make a true statement about a non Jet you love.....

I knew exactly what I was doing, and why I posted those remarks...and I didn’t have to wait long for your predictable response.

I’m like Villian, stirring up the predictable board “realists.”

You're not as deep or clever as you think you are. I knew what you were doing, so I did the same to you. But if you feel satisfied now, that's fine.

34 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I don’t know why he’s playing football.

Brilliant, high character (never chased by police ?), class act that would never stoop to vulgar gestures, taunting or posturing...and more than likely end up extremely wealthy and successful in the private sector. 

lol. 

Never leave this site again! You're necessary. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol. 

Never leave this site again! You're necessary. 

It is good she's back, I missed her. As long as Sam plays well, I don't think she'll take her ball and go home again. We just butt heads once in a while talking about our two favorite QBs.

Im not doubting his ability and it's importance to the Colts team. Im pointing out the exaggeration of his ability by folks claiming him to be better than what he is. 

How good do people claim he is?

He’s not a generational QB like he was supposed to be, but he’s still very good.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

It is good she's back, I missed her. As long as Sam plays well, I don't think she'll take her ball and go home again. We just butt heads once in a while talking about our two favorite QBs.

We all bicker back and forth, but that's what you do on a forum. Guy guys are Jets family. I havent spent 10 years and 2 accounts on this site because I hate bickering with you guys lol. 

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Taking my ‘ball and going home” had zero to do with Sams’ play, and I think I’m smart enough not to tout a non-Jets player on this board every chance I could. I’d join the board of that player if so.

I love JuJu, go Steelers?  NO.

5 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Taking my ‘ball and going home” had zero to do with Sams’ play, and I think I’m smart enough not to tout a non-Jets player on this board every chance I could. I’d join the board of that player if so.

I love JuJu, go Steelers?  NO.

You left because 80% of this board is unbearable when things go wrong. I mean, am I right?

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sam Darnold is going to be better than Baker Mayfield and you will have to pick a side instead of playing the fence.

at least we know who Helen roots for. You? You my friend...are a Russian spy.?

Sometimes I do feel like one, LOL. I've never found myself in a situation like this Baker/Sam thing in any of the 50+ years I've rooted for the Jets. My favorite team finally gets a good, young QB, and for the first time in my life my favorite player is the rookie QB on another freaking team? I really do like Sam, how could I not? I want him to turn into the best QB the Jets have ever had. I love this team, and damn, I'm so tired of the losing. But I love everything Mayfield brings to a team. I love the crap other people hate about him, like when he planted the Oklahoma flag in the O at Ohio St. I loved the "woke up feeling dangerous" thing, and the stare downs. You have no idea how disappointed I was when the Browns took him, I really thought the Jets were going to draft him. Believe me, I ask myself all the time, "Why can't you just be happy with Sam?"   

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Sometimes I do feel like one, LOL. I've never found myself in a situation like this Baker/Sam thing in any of the 50+ years I've rooted for the Jets before. My favorite team finally gets a good, young QB, and for the first time in my life my favorite player is the rookie QB on another freaking team? I really do like Sam, how could I not? I want him to turn into the best QB the Jets have ever had. I love this team, and damn, I'm so tired of the losing. But I love everything Mayfield brings to a team. I love the crap other people hate about him, like when he planted the Oklahoma flag in the O at Ohio St. I love the "feeling dangerous" crap, and the stare downs. You have no idea how disappointed I was when the Browns took him, I really thought the Jets were going to draft him. Believe me, I ask myself all the time, "Why can't you just be happy with Sam?"   

See, I liked Baker during the pre-draft process. My top 3 was

1.) Rosen 2.)Mayfield and 3.)Darnold.

Darnold was three because I thought he was surely going #1 overall so I didn’t dig deep into his time at USC but I did love how insane his pocket presence was and how he could sense pressure without seeing it, reverse field and fling bombs. I was making sure I was watching every USC and UCLA game that I could..but I didn’t get a ton of USC games in the south. Just kind of stopped “couch scouting” Sam when March rolled around. 

Once Rodger Goodell said “and with the 3rd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft...the New York Jets select...Sam Darnold, QB, USC” I dropped all pre-draft attachment I had to Rosen or Mayfield and I hopped on the Darnold train.

idk man. I guess everyone is different. I don’t suppose there’s anything wrong with it but I can’t root for anyone else except my teams QB. I have zero love for any team except my NY Jets.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

See, I liked Baker during the pre-draft process. My top 3 was

1.) Rosen 2.)Mayfield and 3.)Darnold.

Darnold was three because I thought he was surely going #1 overall so I didn’t dig deep into his time at USC but I did love how insane his pocket presence was and how he could sense pressure without seeing it, reverse field and fling bombs. I was making sure I was watching every USC and UCLA game that I could..but I didn’t get a ton of USC games in the south. Just kind of stopped “couch scouting” Sam when March rolled around. 

Once Rodger Goodell said “and with the 3rd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft...the New York Jets select...Sam Darnold, QB, USC” I dropped all pre-draft attachment I had to Rosen or Mayfield and I hopped on the Darnold train.

idk man. I guess everyone is different. I don’t suppose there’s anything wrong with it but I can’t root for anyone else except my teams QB. I have zero love for any team except my NY Jets.

...and that's how I always was, until this year. Don't get me wrong, I root like hell for Sam to do well. I want him to be twice the player Mayfield is. It aggravates the hell out of me that I like the QB of the Cleveland frigging Browns!!!

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sometimes I do feel like one, LOL. I've never found myself in a situation like this Baker/Sam thing in any of the 50+ years I've rooted for the Jets. My favorite team finally gets a good, young QB, and for the first time in my life my favorite player is the rookie QB on another freaking team? I really do like Sam, how could I not? I want him to turn into the best QB the Jets have ever had. I love this team, and damn, I'm so tired of the losing. But I love everything Mayfield brings to a team. I love the crap other people hate about him, like when he planted the Oklahoma flag in the O at Ohio St. I loved the "woke up feeling dangerous" thing, and the stare downs. You have no idea how disappointed I was when the Browns took him, I really thought the Jets were going to draft him. Believe me, I ask myself all the time, "Why can't you just be happy with Sam?"   

I respect you and I know you aren't going to like this but:  There's a "smallness" about the way Baker Mayfield conducts himself that goes beyond cockiness, confidence, brashness or bravado.  I appreciate his moxie and talent,  but it's that  "punk" mentality, that Connor McGregor way about him that makes him less than likeable.  I can't root for that.  You know what comes around...…. and it will.  I hope he learns from it and becomes a bigger man.  SAM I AM !

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I respect you and I know you aren't going to like this but:  There's a "smallness" about the way Baker Mayfield conducts himself that goes beyond cockiness, confidence, brashness or bravado.  I appreciate his moxie and talent,  but it's that  "punk" mentality, that Connor McGregor way about him that makes him less than likeable.  I can't root for that.  You know what comes around...…. and it will.  I hope he learns from it and becomes a bigger man.  SAM I AM !

No, I get exactly what you're saying. He does a lot of dumb stuff that I would hate if someone else did. Why I get a kick out of him doing it, I can't tell you. I just find him a very compelling character, he's definitely polarizing though. Hell, I live in Myrtle Beach, and I go to a local bar to watch the Jets games. It's considered a Browns bar, so his games are usually on a TV nearby. As happy as those people are that he's their QB, I'd say at least half of them hate the "other stuff" he does. BTW, they're near unanimous in their praise of Sam, they think, like a lot of us here do, that these two young guys are going to be butting heads for a long time.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Ill accept that congrats since I spoke about that qb years before anyone cared while at the same time folks like yourself scoffed when he did go 1st overall.

Congrats to you for highlighting my failures while discrediting my successes. Like a true hater indeed. 

He's in my avatar for the same reason Bercovici is in your mind. 

Damn those scoffers.

Man, Andrew has no running game and WR’s are dropping balls. Really an overall sh*t effort by Indy. 
Andrew just put the ball on the numbers on a critical 3rd and 16..he drops it. 
Smh
It's like they reverted back to the way they were playing the first 6 games. Dropping passes etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Is and has always been overrated.

That is all.

Your fascination with Opie, while discounting other great QB’s, has now reached inexcusable levels. You are hereby mandated to attend 20 weeks of psychotherapeutic sessions to help reverse this disorder. 

49 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Everything you said about him is what makes him a total low rent douchebag. You love that crotch grabbing dirtbag? Gooood for you. 

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Everything you said about him is what makes him a total low rent douchebag. You love that crotch grabbing dirtbag? Gooood for you. 

From the day I joined here, and started to notice your posts, I thought of you as the type of guy that if we had met 10-20 years ago, we'd get into a fist fight, but then we'd become really good friends. That ever happen to you in real life?

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah, for a night. Then I woke up and said to myself... Adam f#king Gase is the new HC. What a life.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. Seriously. Its like the Universe is tired of the Jets sucking and making bad decisions, so now things are "happening" for them...

Mac going for Cousins, takes less money to go to the Vikes, sucks there. LOL

Jets move up to 3 for the possibility of drafting Rosen or Mayfield....Browns go all in on Mayfield, Giants have Vapor lock and draft a RB...We get Darnold.

Jets focus on a bunch of guys not ready for the big time, and an elder statesman. Rhule wants to bring a bunch of Big 12 assistants to NYC and goes away. Arizona saves us and hires Kliff After a 10 minute meet and greet. McCarthy wants the job BUT when asked, actually tells the Jets (conjecture) thay he wants to bring Ben McAdoo and Philbin with him....

And Adam Gase, the McVay/Shannahan of 3 years ago....the guy who has the same kind of resume as Mike McCarthy 15 years ago, who did his OTJ training and worked through his rookie jitters elsewhere, and was still in consideration by other teams, takes the job. And might just snag us a legit, hard nosed and aggressive DC that would be the perfect antidote to 4 years of Todd 'n Kaceys Kindergarten Capers. 

Things are looking up. Now pray for a good draft....

23 minutes ago, BigO said:

Your fascination with Opie, while discounting other great QB’s, has now reached inexcusable levels. You are hereby mandated to attend 20 weeks of psychotherapeutic sessions to help reverse this disorder. 

Hey, hey, hey!  Opie is a Trojan, not an okie! ?

Archived