Andrew Luck

Villain The Foe

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

From the day I joined here, and started to notice your posts, I thought of you as the type of guy that if we had met 10-20 years ago, we'd get into a fist fight, but then we'd become really good friends. That ever happen to you in real life?

I was in the Army for 8 years. Its the only way I KNEW how to make friends....lol

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The more I think about it, the more I like it. Seriously. Its like the Universe is tired of the Jets sucking and making bad decisions, so now things are "happening" for them...

Mac going for Cousins, takes less money to go to the Vikes, sucks there. LOL

Jets move up to 3 for the possibility of drafting Rosen or Mayfield....Browns go all in on Mayfield, Giants have Vapor lock and draft a RB...We get Darnold.

Jets focus on a bunch of guys not ready for the big time, and an elder statesman. Rhule wants to bring a bunch of Big 12 assistants to NYC and goes away. Arizona saves us and hires Kliff After a 10 minute meet and greet. McCarthy wants the job BUT when asked, actually tells the Jets (conjecture) thay he wants to bring Ben McAdoo and Philbin with him....

And Adam Gase, the McVay/Shannahan of 3 years ago....the guy who has the same kind of resume as Mike McCarthy 15 years ago, who did his OTJ training and worked through his rookie jitters elsewhere, and was still in consideration by other teams, takes the job. And might just snag us a legit, hard nosed and aggressive DC that would be the perfect antidote to 4 years of Todd 'n Kaceys Kindergarten Capers. 

Things are looking up. Now pray for a good draft....

Yeah, I’ve warmed up to it some. I think it could work as long as Gase put his mind to progressing as a true HC. He’s got what we wanted. Innovation, WCO/Verticle, good concepts that already mesh well with Darnold, no nonsense coach. 

It could very well work but I just can’t shake the offensive rankings man. Like when I see Kyle’s situation where he had no one at QB, he still put up very good offensive stats. Brian Hoyer had a shootout with Goff and the Rams last year. Remember that? Score was like 38-40. I can’t shake the bad rankings. I want some kind of solace in knowing why the points scored was so low.

So a few things scare me but I’m catiously optimistic. It’s all I have at the moment.

10 hours ago, The Troll said:

How good do people claim he is?

He’s not a generational QB like he was supposed to be, but he’s still very good.

Ahh....exactly my point. 

Plenty of folks who excuse the fact that he isnt that generational "suck for Luck" guy you tank seasons for. I said "overrated" not that "he sucks". 

There is no disagreement here, well, probably outside of the fact that im writing about it. But it's clear that this dude isnt what was expected and some folks go as far as either excusing it or comparing him to legitimate generational talent when he's not worthy of the comparison. 

This is why you dont tank seasons for players. 

4,500 yards 39/15 td/int
but hey lets pick one game and jump to wild conclusions 
Hasn't showed up in big games ... That is the issue ... And his rocketman salary has handcuffed the colts in terms of talent acquisition.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Hasn't showed up in big games ... That is the issue ... And his rocketman salary has handcuffed the colts in terms of talent acquisition.

He won last week right? The paying your QB prevents you from building a tram argument is crap. At most it costs you $10 extra million in cap- which is what we paid josh Mccown 

He won last week right? The paying your QB prevents you from building a tram argument is crap. At most it costs you $10 extra million in cap- which is what we paid josh Mccown 
Fair enough .. did you enjoy paying McCown 10 million ? Because at least McCown was an extra body and not thin air as in Luck's case. That kind of cash buys you an excellent no 2 receiver.

22 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly. I just think he will be better overall. He is big,athletic,and has an insane ability to extend plays.

Honestly, I like Mayfield’s game.  He’s a fantastic QB, there is place for more than one great QB, and one may end up better than the other....so what?  If both are great, but one greater than the other, only a fanboy will care.

For me, I just love Sam’s character better, especially for a QB.  I will admit, I have an emotional investment in Sam, just as I did with Troy Polamalu and countless other players that carried themselves with quiet class and unselfishness.

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Honestly, I like Mayfield’s game.  He’s a fantastic QB, there is place for more than one great QB, and one may end up better than the other....so what?  If both are great, but one greater than the other, only a fanboy will care.

For me, I just love Sam’s character better, especially for a QB.  I will admit, I have an emotional investment in Sam, just as I did with Troy Polamalu and countless other players that carried themselves with quiet class and unselfishness.

I wasnt saying Mayfield isnt gonna be a real good QB.  I just have always felt long before we drafted him that he has the better overall package. I fully expected the Browns to draft him and for us to get Mayfield or Rosen. I was never a fan of Rosen but I would of been real happy with Mayfield...but I always would of taken Sam first

43 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I wasnt saying Mayfield isnt gonna be a real good QB.  I just have always felt long before we drafted him that he has the better overall package. I fully expected the Browns to draft him and for us to get Mayfield or Rosen. I was never a fan of Rosen but I would of been real happy with Mayfield...but I always would of taken Sam first

I know.  Just adding to what you posted with my personal view.  ✌️Fight On!

*To add....I’m so glad the Browns drafted Mayfield, I think he would have gotten in a lot of trouble in NY.  Don’t think he was groomed in Ok to thrive in all those distractions and temptations of the big city, Sam was....not gawd forsaken Cleveland. ?

15 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Market determines salary not the player that’s not on him

if you don’t get to playoffs you don’t get a chance to “not show up in big games.” Top tier stud plain and simple.

Just now, Losmeister said:

did you watch yesterday? that was crap.

Again, he had an awful game. No doubt. 

But, all of the great QBs - Brady, Montana, Elway, Marino, Manning, etc. - ALL of them, have taken their lumps in the playoffs on the road. They have all had terrible road playoff performances. It happens. 

Luck is a phenomenal player

Just now, slimjasi said:

But, all of the great QBs - Brady, Montana, Elway, Marino, Manning, etc. - ALL of them, have taken their lumps in the playoffs on the road. They have all had terrible road playoff performances. It happens. 

For me he's above average. Not phenomenal. Not great. Stafford v 2.0

Just now, Losmeister said:

shaping up to have the same career....   regular season mad numbers , very little in post season.

Luck has had considerably more playoff success/team success than Stafford and has better numbers (better TD/INT ratio, better rating)

18 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

ps- whay the **** are we talking aboiut baker ******* mayfiled in an andrew luck thread?????????//

He's got some kind of a "Charles Manson"  like type of allure that has seemed to have mesmerized  a lot of these otherwise slightly abnormal souls.  I'm sure in time there will be a name for this,  "syndrome ".

56 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Luck has had considerably more playoff success/team success than Stafford and has better numbers (better TD/INT ratio, better rating)

playoffs 4 w 4 l...  56% 12 td 13 int

against the better teams in ncaa, more or less the same

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

remember Payton against us  in the playoffs when we shut them out at home?

9 hours ago, Losmeister said:

shaping up to have the same career....   regular season mad numbers , very little in post season.

Luck has played in the NFL years less, missed a full season and already has 8 playoff games under his belt, winning 4 of them and took his team to the AFCCG. Stafford is 0-3 in the playoffs. 

On 1/12/2019 at 6:55 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Is and has always been overrated.

That is all.

Overrated in the sense of what people's expectations were of him when they drafted him....I would agree.  He's not the instant Hall of Famer people wanted him to be (not saying that he can't end up a hall of famer).

But I'd trade Darnold for him right now.  Fo shizzle.

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Overrated in the sense of what people's expectations were of him when they drafted him....I would agree.  He's not the instant Hall of Famer people wanted him to be (not saying that he can't end up a hall of famer).

But I'd trade Darnold for him right now.  Fo shizzle.

Tend to agree but that shoulder surgery he had would make me think twice. He might be one big hit away from the scrap heap.

Archived