Just now, New York Mick said:

Players didn’t like him

The media said he’s thin skinned and can’t deal with failure or criticism

He has a losing record

His offenses were ranked low as ****

His teams didn’t play worth a sh*t

He was fired from a rival team because he sucked and had an attitude problem

Quarterbacks make coaches! 

After finding out all this stuff including his defensive coordinator All in all If I had the choice I would pick Adam Gase! what is really good is there is no extremely long leash like with Bowles. No one will give him a pass which I love. Also what is extremely encouraging is his win/loss record in close games and timeout usage stat. I am really happy with this hire.

another story/article calling Gase a "QB Whisperer" and a great offensive mind - without anything at all to support it...literally, nothing..

Just that it was said before.

If you say it enough times people will believe it.  It already seems to have gotten a lot of Jet fans.

55 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Can't understand the hysteria, I really can't

He’s not Mike McCarthy...

Who so many have built into Vince Lombardi 2.0 for whatever reason.

He was my #1 choice, but people acting like the guy was some kind of slam dunk hire are nuttier than squirrel turds.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s not Mike McCarthy...

Who so many have built into Vince Lombardi 2.0 for whatever reason.

He was my #1 choice, but people acting like the guy was some kind of slam dunk hire are nuttier than squirrel turds.

Sheer nonsense about it being about mccarthy, it is about gase.  NY Mick listed the reasons some people are not excited.  His record says he is not that good, he is getting endorsements from everyone but we see few results.

He is going to be better than Bowles that is guaranteed so there is something.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sheer nonsense about it being about mccarthy, it is about gase.  NY Mick listed the reasons some people are not excited.  His record says he is not that good, he is getting endorsements from everyone but we see few results.

The majority of the fanbase was going to bitch and moan if it was anyone else besides McCarthy.

Do you really think that the outlook from the majority of Jets fans was going to be so much better if it was Matt Rhule, Todd Monken, Kris Richard, Kliff Kingsbury, Jim Caldwell, etc?

I don’t buy that for a second.

The Jets got a guy who less than two years ago, along with Kyle Shanahan, was considered the brightest young offensive mind in the NFL. Before dudes like Sean McVay and Matt Nagy bursted onto the scene, Adam Gase was one of the select “it” guys.

Hell, I was pleading for him before we ended up hiring Bowles. He’s not as shiny and awe inspiring as he was 4 years ago, but there’s no doubt that the guy is a very talented offensive coach whose previous QB’s swear by him and consider him brilliant when it comes to X’s and O’s.

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

another story/article calling Gase a "QB Whisperer" and a great offensive mind - without anything at all to support it...literally, nothing..

Just that it was said before.

If you say it enough times people will believe it.  It already seems to have gotten a lot of Jet fans.

If I’m willing to declare you the winner if it turns out that Gase does, indeed, suck, will you stop? 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Qualified credible observers like gase 

That's encouraging for sure 

They're qualified if they like Gase, unqualified if they don't.  Or more like his former boss (Martz) and friend (Manning) like him.  

He's been a head coach in one place and the players didn't like him.  That ain't good.

3 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsday.com/amp/sports/football/jets/jets-adam-gase-mike-martz-1.25857187

Dedicated and detailed. Hope he is still has the same hunger...

Mike Martz is an offensive genius, and reading him talk so highly of Adam Gase has me really fired up. I remember back during GSOT he used this nasa term Max-Q for when the Rams offense was close to perfection. When the offense reached the highest level of competence and execution. Martz was a killer and would find your weakness and just keep on stabbing your defense into you found a way to stop him. He'd even onside kick the ball on you when up big if you did something he didn't like. When I saw how Adam Gase called for an onside kick vs the Broncos in week 13 of the 2017 season up 33-9 I am not surprised. Adam Gase learned from the best. lol. Remember Martz in week 6 of the 2001 season did the same things to our Jets, which was the game right after the  Miracle in the Meadowlands? The Rams up 31-7 caught the Jets off guard calling for an onside kick. Martz used the excuse that the Rams remembered the Jets miracle in the meadowlands, but I think the truth was he was pissed off over the field conditions believing the Jets soaked the field the night before their game in hopes of slowing the Rams Greatest Show On Turf.

Go to 12:29 of highlights to see the onside kick with Rams up 31-7.

Now see Mike Martz's protégé Adam Gase onside kicking it up 33-9. 

After just winning Super Bowl XXXIV Isaac "Ike" Bruce told a reporter he told everyone before the season started, that Mike Martz was the type of coach who will go for your throat from the first to the fourth quarter. That's that killer instinct I'm talking about. I know Adam Gase is like this, and I'm looking forward to having him coach our Jets. 

Link to Ike talking about Martz after Super Bowl.

http://static.espn.go.com/media/nfl/2000/0130/audio/0130ib1a.wav

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Given how pretty much everything NY Mick listed was wrong I can see why you liked and cited the post.  

Archived