Gase endorsement from Mike Martz

Mo Lew

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, he did, in fact, suck.  

I'm putting up facts y'all are just using Jets talking points.  

When his record as a HC is 23-25 and he's being pitched as some type of offensive genius who presided over the 24th, 25th and 31st ranked offenses...

I repeat myself because the facts are seemingly being ignored. 

Let's all say .- yes, he sucked as a HC, didn't develop any QB's and was a failure within our own division - but we're stuck with him, so gooooo Gase...

Okay, I'll join that crowd...but everyone has to be come a realist about what to actually expect.

On the other hand the Pats hired a HC that was 41-55 including his first year with them and he turned out pretty good.. Of course having Brady didn't hurt..

I think the Gase hire could go either way. You could make an argument that the Dolphins slightly overachieved while he was there, and that he never had a remotely decent QB. You could make an argument he is very mediocre, is propped up because of his relationship with Manning, is kind of a pyscho, never really developed a QB and will be a complete dumpster fire.

I have no idea where it will be go. Either way it is going to be an interesting ride.

One factor in his favor short term, though. Most teams stay true to a certain team approach to football even through coaching changes. That has certainly been true of the Jets, we have been a "run the play, play good defense, win close games" type of team for 20 years. Under Gase we will almost be the complete opposite, we will be a super aggressive offense oriented attacking team. If we get Williams the defense will be completlely different both in philosophy and execution.  It will take a while for teams to figure out the new Jets and a lot of decisions made using past history will be invalid for the Jets.

12 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think the Gase hire could go either way. You could make an argument that the Dolphins slightly overachieved while he was there, and that he never had a remotely decent QB. You could make an argument he is very mediocre, is propped up because of his relationship with Manning, is kind of a pyscho, never really developed a QB and will be a complete dumpster fire.

I have no idea where it will be go. Either way it is going to be an interesting ride.

One factor in his favor short term, though. Most teams stay true to a certain team approach to football even through coaching changes. That has certainly been true of the Jets, we have been a "run the play, play good defense, win close games" type of team for 20 years. Under Gase we will almost be the complete opposite, we will be a super aggressive offense oriented attacking team. If we get Williams the defense will be completlely different both in philosophy and execution.  It will take a while for teams to figure out the new Jets and a lot of decisions made using past history will be invalid for the Jets.

+1 QFT :cheers:

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Never made it but the popover pan should work for that.  Maybe today's project.

Is best served with a roast including some kind of stock or preferably gravy.  On its own it is a little bland.  If you do go that way enjoy!

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

Is best served with a roast including some kind of stock or preferably gravy.  On its own it is a little bland.  If you do go that way enjoy!

Okay, we have had some gameday menu threads but clearly we need a separate one for sharing health-threatening recipes.  There is some buried knowledge on this board we need to bring to the surface.

59 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What does him not coaching in the NFL since '11 have to do with his comments?

Nothing at all.

It's cool that a guy who knows zilch about this franchise said nice things about a co-worker from 7 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

got it.

"Smart. Passion for the game. Great work ethic."

This is what every coach says about every other coach. It was said about Bowles.

I'm rooting for the team just like everybody else, but I won't pretend this is anything but a fluff piece.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

And here we go again with this total BS nonsense.  

Hopefully you’re right and it is nonsense, but it’s very plausible.  And he’s no rookie HC.

There are a slew of teams with rookie QBs who made the playoffs by the their 2nd year. This is dolt Maccagnan’s 5th Draft.  I’m not even saying Gase should have to make the playoffs but if they don’t ring up 9 wins next year, he goes, so does Maccagnan which will have been YEARS too late.

Be that as it may, I’m just thankful for a new coach if the Jets can’t have a new GM too.

16 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Players didn’t like him

The media said he’s thin skinned and can’t deal with failure or criticism

He has a losing record

His offenses were ranked low as ****

His teams didn’t play worth a sh*t

He was fired from a rival team because he sucked and had an attitude problem

You have to be the most ignorant poster when it comes to this hiring. Please, stop wasting our time with your mindless insight. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Let me explain. 

All of the accolades are based on him as a coordinator, not a head coach. 

We seen his work as a HC of Miami and werent incredibly impressed. 

However, having 4 starting QB's in 4 seasons allows him an out. Of course we'll found out soon enough. My problem wasnt the W/L column, but his relationship with players. He seemed not to have the respect of his players as an HC. 

All of these accolades folks keep posting, generally isnt coming out of Miami. That's the problem. 

Him bringing some of that bad coaching staff with him is another problem. But, that's how some folks feel. Hopefully we're wrong. 

Exactly which of the Millennials or Octogenarians in Miami would you like to hear from?

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So what Martz is Kotite now? Mike Martz is a brilliant offensive mind who helped transform Kurt Warner from grocery store bagger to HOF QB and ran some of the most prolific offenses in league history.

If you aren't familiar with Martz look him up.

20 years ago...

12 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Exactly which of the Millennials or Octogenarians in Miami would you like to hear from?

Any one of them who could provide any of the benefits or positive traits Gase provided as a HC. Which is only right since we can accept comments from Alshon Jeffery, Peyton Manning and Mike Martz regarding Gase's OC work....though he's the HC. 

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't see how that's relevant to his comments.

because in the modern pass happy NFL, no one will hire him and he's a coach for the AFL. He hasn't worked with Gase since 2008. Do you give out recommendations for jobs to people you haven't worked with in 11 years? 

These EXACT same stories heralding the greatness of Todd Bowles were written and the same folks said "Wait and see" while touching themselves to each article from guys out of the league...

13 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

because in the modern pass happy NFL, no one will hire him and he's a coach for the AFL. He hasn't worked with Gase since 2008. Do you give out recommendations for jobs to people you haven't worked with in 11 years? 

These EXACT same stories heralding the greatness of Todd Bowles were written and the same folks said "Wait and see" while touching themselves to each article from guys out of the league...

The fact that he hasn't worked in the NFL for years is completely irrelevant to what was written. Some of you guys are unbearable with the negativity.

Jesus Christ

If Martz went on record talking trash the same people would be bringing it up ad nauseum.

1 hour ago, TommyT said:

You have to be the most ignorant poster when it comes to this hiring. Please, stop wasting our time with your mindless insight. 

No. It’s a message board for the Jets and my post  is about the Jets and something they did. Every single thing that I said has been reported so try again. 

21 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The fact that he hasn't worked in the NFL for years is completely irrelevant to what was written. Some of you guys are unbearable with the negativity.

Jesus Christ

If Martz went on record talking trash the same people would be bringing it up ad nauseum.

No, I'd never use Martz's opinion on anything in 2019. He's not relevant anymore. You say this about "they'd be bringing it up ad nausuem" like you wouldn't be trashing Martz if he said something not complementary of him.

Just like the folks on here praising McCarthy and Rhule a few days ago are now spinning conspiracy theories about them leaking information to make themselves look better for not taking the Jets job.

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

No, I'd never use Martz's opinion on anything in 2019. He's not relevant anymore. You say this about "they'd be bringing it up ad nausuem" like you wouldn't be trashing Martz if he said something not complementary of him.

Just like the folks on here praising McCarthy and Rhule a few days ago are now spinning conspiracy theories about them leaking information to make themselves look better for not taking the Jets job.

I certainly would not be trashing Martz if he said negative things about Gase. There's no reason for you to believe that. Have I trashed players who have had negative things to say about Gase? No.

Other than being excited about what our offense might look like with Darnold under Gase I've been pretty much reserved on my comments on Gase.

I am taking a wait and see approach. His lack of offensive success in Miami is concerning.

Archived