Does the Patriots dynasty end today?

Rhg1084

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I think it might be the year where we look back and say "this was their last stand." I don't see them getting any better then they are right now. The question becomes can the teams in the AFC East ascend above the point of the Patriot decline?

I can't see it. They have been home since December 17th

Chargers Travelling east 2 weeks in a row early game

refs

headsets

Gilmore and mccourty shut down the chargers pass game rivers gets frustrated and chokes

Ingram and bosa will slow down with guards bear hugging them lol

Ask yourself this.  If you saw the ridiculous 'In the Grasp' call against Dak yesterday, would the refs have made the same call if it were Brady?  

If you answer "no..they would have called it roughing because of the fingertip grazing the helmet" then the answer to the dynasty question is "no".

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I can't see it. They have been home since December 17th

Chargers Travelling east 2 weeks in a row early game

refs

headsets

Gilmore and mccourty shut down the chargers pass game rivers gets frustrated and chokes

Ingram and bosa will slow down with guards bear hugging them lol

Did they go back west? They should have just stayed on the east coast IMO.

13 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Is today finally the day it all comes to an end?

We've been hoping for this for the past 10 years.  Every time the Pats aren't utterly dominant we start this dialog. Truth is they are still as good as any team out there even if less dynamic as say the Chiefs. 

That said, I am going to be watching a rooting today almost as if it's a Jets game. But even if they lose today, it's not really the mark of the end of the dynasty unfortunately. They would have just lost a playoff game. It happens. 

GO CHARGERS! 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If they lose today, Belichick will go get Antonio Brown and Kareem Hunt, then sign Jadeveon Clowney. 

And draft Kyler Murray after guaranteeing him a massive under-the-table contract to endorse TB12 supplements in exchange for not playing baseball.

I want to say yes but Philip has never beaten them and KC to me looks beatable. As good as Mahomes is, their offense is dictacted by players and structure and I think teams are beginning to figure it out. I very much want to see Chargers in the SB, but things just seem to be aligning for NE again.

Next year though...Sam takes them down.

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You know, I think it might be the year where we look back and say "this was their last stand." I don't see them getting any better then they are right now. The question becomes can the teams in the AFC East ascend above the point of the Patriot decline?

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Who is stopping them from winning the AFCE next year?  The 4-12 Jets who lost to them by 35 a few weeks ago?

That was the point of my above post, and why I mentioned the other AFC East teams. Their decline is inevitable, and has probably begun. It's now a matter of how do you define the word "dynasty" going forward. Is it still a dynasty if they simply continue to win a weak division, or do they need to remain a viable Championship contender? 

18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

We've been hoping for this for the past 10 years.  Every time the Pats aren't utterly dominant we start this dialog. Truth is they are still as good as any team out there even if less dynamic as say the Chiefs. 

That said, I am going to be watching a rooting today almost as if it's a Jets game. But even if they lose today, it's not really the mark of the end of the dynasty unfortunately. They would have just lost a playoff game. It happens. 

GO CHARGERS! 

It's different this year.  They've had unpatriot like games and even seasons before have always had Brady as the GOAT and his cast.  Not the same anymore.  When was the last time, anytime, where you'd say they're the 4th best team left, maybe? 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It seems like they do it every year.....Good morning sunshine. 

Sunshine? Ok sparky.

Now when and with who did they sign by circumventing the cap? Because it doesn't seem like anyone ever does

The Pats have had it their own way in this division for too many years. Thats the way they had a dynasty,,, getting the first round bye every year by beating up the Jets , Dolphins, and Bills. Well I believe things are going to change now. They are getting weaker and hopefully the division gets more competitive. Go Chargers!!!

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sunshine? Ok sparky.

Now when and with who did they sign by circumventing the cap? Because it doesn't seem like anyone ever does

Go find someone else to argue with sunshine not interested in your nonsense. 

It always seems the Patriots never have a salary cap issue when signing players before-during and after the season in my opinion. 

Archived