Is 2019 draft the year we replace Brick/Mangold this time with a FQB to make our runs?

UnknownJetFan

Is 2019 draft the year we replace Brick/Mangold this time with a FQB to make our runs? I feel like I would sign up for the 2 round draft below having us trade down (Could be with the Jags instead of the Giants like this says) and netting OT Williams and C Risner, plus additional draft picks due to the trade down to get skill position players and an Edge rusher that we probably also address in FA.

https://www.nj.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/01/792d3687ce4876/latest-nfl-mock-draft-2019-ohi.html

Maybe make a run at Paradis?

Former sixth-round centers who will turn 30 before the end of next season aren’t the sexiest of signings, but Paradis was the second-highest graded center in the NFL before ending up on IR. It was the second time in his career where he ranked among the top two players at his position. There are obvious question marks, and he likely is a center only, but he’d be an upgrade at that position for the majority of teams in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Former sixth-round centers who will turn 30 before the end of next season aren’t the sexiest of signings, but Paradis was the second-highest graded center in the NFL before ending up on IR. It was the second time in his career where he ranked among the top two players at his position. There are obvious question marks, and he likely is a center only, but he’d be an upgrade at that position for the majority of teams in the NFL.

I like this.  A lot.  Replacing Spencer 'Imperial Storm Trooper' Long at C is a top-3 move we need to make this off-season.  Long may be a very good Guard for us, but unless the problems were all about the finger and he's suddenly cured, then this looks like a great move.

Seriously, watching Long snap last year brought back memories of this:

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I like this.  A lot.  Replacing Spencer 'Imperial Storm Trooper' Long at C is a top-3 move we need to make this off-season.  Long may be a very good Guard for us, but unless the problems were all about the finger and he's suddenly cured, then this looks like a great move.

Seriously, watching Long snap last year brought back memories of this:

PFF also listed glowinsky as a top guard signing but the one time I tuned in last night he got beaten badly for a sack lol

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

This definitely a guy I'd target.  Long looked like he improved when playing at guard. Shell should be healthy. Logan Williams at 3, and you have a revamped o line 

7 minutes ago, freestater said:

This definitely a guy I'd target.  Long looked like he improved when playing at guard. Shell should be healthy. Logan Williams at 3, and you have a revamped o line 

Beachum graded out as above average by pff, not sure that's where I go this year 

Pass rusher is the much greater value based on the early reports of this draft class 

48 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not in favor of trading down we need a sure thing draft pick no more "what-ifs" we need immediate impact players. 

We've done well in Round 1 previously for the most part.  Trading down from 3 to say 7?  You don't think we could find an impact player at #7 in the Draft?  #7 could be one of the top pass rushers in the Draft, the first offensive lineman or first WR taken.

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

Beachum graded out as above average by pff, not sure that's where I go this year 

Pass rusher is the much greater value based on the early reports of this draft class 

Agreed.

Believe, like most people I cringe when I think of the Jets going DLine yet AGAIN in the 1st Round.  But you have to take what a draft gives you AND we sorely need a pass rusher.  There will be one at #3....there will be ones available at 5, 6 and 7 as well.  I'd love to trade down and accumulate a pick so that we can go with an offensive lineman in Round 2.  But at the top of this Draft it is all about Front 7 guys.

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We've done well in Round 1 previously for the most part.  Trading down from 3 to say 7?  You don't think we could find an impact player at #7 in the Draft?  #7 could be one of the top pass rushers in the Draft, the first offensive lineman or first WR taken.

This. At 7 they’ll still be DL and edge guys plus avtop OL and the # 1 WR

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Agreed.

Believe, like most people I cringe when I think of the Jets going DLine yet AGAIN in the 1st Round.  But you have to take what a draft gives you AND we sorely need a pass rusher.  There will be one at #3....there will be ones available at 5, 6 and 7 as well.  I'd love to trade down and accumulate a pick so that we can go with an offensive lineman in Round 2.  But at the top of this Draft it is all about Front 7 guys.

Yup

it just has to be a pass rusher. None of this balanced run stuffer that gets effort sacks

a guy with good hands explosive legs and high motor

I hate to be that guy but Anderson is a free agent. Mcclendon too. Shepherd was very meh

They have a lot of work to do in free agency.. Duh lol

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Is 2019 draft the year we replace Brick/Mangold this time with a FQB to make our runs? I feel like I would sign up for the 2 round draft below having us trade down (Could be with the Jags instead of the Giants like this says) and netting OT Williams and C Risner, plus additional draft picks due to the trade down to get skill position players and an Edge rusher that we probably also address in FA.

https://www.nj.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/01/792d3687ce4876/latest-nfl-mock-draft-2019-ohi.html

Strange mock draft to say the least.  Plus who lists a mock draft from lowest pick to highest pick?   

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

That would not upset me. Interior d line, no thanks. 

Agree. Wish there was a beast offense player to make it an easy decision

I'll be watching Ed Oliver all off season. He might turn out to be a Khalil Mack type of prospect. Not that good, just a comparison from the standpoint of effort, motor and strength

Archived