ST Coach Brant Boyer signs extension

mrcoops

Shaping up to be a no nonsense, no excuses, take no bullsh-t staff.

Williams and Boyer are showing that Gase isn't going to let sentimentality rule his decisions.  He wants good coaches. 

The free ride for under performing players is coming to an end.

19 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Good decision. He's improved IMO each year, still in his 40s and goes with the harder edge we need in the culture.

Goes to show you. He improved greatly. After the first year I thought Bowles had a terrible mistake hiring him.

Just now, JohnJ said:

Goes to show you. He improved greatly. After the first year I thought Bowles had a terrible mistake hiring him.

So had I. I was disappointed because I like the hard ass-ness about him. But he's good now, no reason to change the light blub on this one.

Good move - glad they did that. I agree on Greene; I would also like to see the WR coach extended as well, but not as important as Boyer and Greene

It is about time that club Jets was closed for good. I read somewhere that the pushback from some of the players on Gase was that he was a hard-ass - some players here won't like it, but good riddance to them. Time to earn their pay.

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Good move - glad they did that. I agree on Greene; I would also like to see the WR coach extended as well, but not as important as Boyer and Greene

It is about time that club Jets was closed for good. I read somewhere that the pushback from some of the players on Gase was that he was a hard-ass - some players here won't like it, but good riddance to them. Time to earn their pay.

Karl Dorrell.  Packers are considering him for their OC position.  He may not be on our staff much longer.

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

If Bowles was still around he would have fired him.  No room for anyone like that on his staff.  Everyone had to be even stupider than him.  Job security.

Had Boyer had more experience, Bowles would have been fired earlier with Boyer being the interim coach....

34 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Excellent news. We’re just one piece away. 

Well played!?

35 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Gregg Williams please.

Yes.

23 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

If they add Kevin Greene to the retention list I'll be happy.

The more angry bastards around the better.

Exactly.

good move here.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Karl Dorrell.  Packers are considering him for their OC position.  He may not be on our staff much longer.

And he’ll take that. That’s a good opportunity for him to move up the ladder. Hope we can get someone good enough to replace him. You don’t typically hear much about a WR coach but I have heard that he’s a good coach.

6 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Had Boyer had more experience, Bowles would have been fired earlier with Boyer being the interim coach....

I totally agree.  Actually Bowles scheming at least kept the Jets draft pick way up high.  If Boyer coached the last half of the year there would have definitely been more wins, Houston and Green Bay for sure.  With Bowles coaching all the losses were practically guaranteed.

Archived