IF Foles wins another Super Bowl do they trade Wentz?

joewilly12

7 hours ago, nycdan said:

You can by using the Franchise Tag.  Or if they can trade him soon enough, the other team can tag him if necessary.  It's not a done deal that he is going to be a true UFA yet.

I suggested the skins may tag cousins and make us sign and trade and I was hammered across the board with that suggestion. were you 1 of the many ?  Lol.. well if they tag him, what’s the price ? And he can refuse trade? Or teams can wait until they let him go. Or could end up with a 20 mil backup lol.. it’s highly unlikely, but good cover for not realizing he can outright walk ?‍♂️?

Can they really FT him? My understanding is there has to be the legit potential of trying to work out an extension.

They did let NE do it with Cassel, but Brady was still far away from participating at the timatening (likelihood and optimism aside) theoretically could have been career threatening.

I don't know if Wentz's back qualifies as everyone knows he didn't need surgery and medically didn't have to go on IR (though they were right to do so). He's probably at lewst 99% likely to be fully healed even by OTAs. So they couldn't even rationalize the bs that they're going to seriously endeavor into non-tag negotiations with him. 

Just like Washington probably couldn't tag Cousins once they'd officially signed Alex Smith's extension.

Archived