Sam Darnold's Skillset Most Resembles Which Past Great NFL QB

Sarge4Tide

Sam's Skillset?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Of these options, Sam Darnold's game is most similar to.....

• Troy Aikman
    • John Elway
    • Bret Favre
    • Dan Fouts
    • Jim Kelly
    • Peyton Manning
    • Dan Marino
    • Joe Namath
    • Kurt Warner
    • Steve Young
    • Someone Else

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Favre Sam's a gunslinger.

Only difference is Favre is more of a selfish gunslinger (not meant derogatory -he believes HE is great).  My opinion, of course.

Sam is more reckless because he expects his WRs to make plays, not so much about him as being a great QB.  Sam is more dependent on using his talent.

14 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Only difference is Favre is more of a selfish gunslinger (not meant derogatory -he believes HE is great).  My opinion, of course.

Sam is more reckless because he expects his WRs to make plays, not so much about him as being a great QB.  Sam is more dependent on using his talent.

Good to see you back.

I’ve thought about this for awhile. Kelly seems the most logical. Good enough arm to make any throw, cerebral, good feet, can make plays out the pocket, good leader, quick decision maker/reads  progressions well. Hopefully Sam will win the big games. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

They have similar mobility but Sam’s arm isn’t as strong. Brett had a fast ball and he was also a lot more reckless.

I'm hoping Sam cuts down on some of the mistakes and isnt as well known for his ints as Favre was. That being said, if the rest of his game matches favre's I'll probably be able to live with high(er) int totals. 

Archived