Monken to Browns

peekskill68

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Browns are going with Steve Wilks and Todd Moncken as their two coordinators. Dorsey and Kitchens are putting together a pretty good staff. I'm really hoping we hear something tomorrow about a Williams DC signing. I'm not excited at all about Studs Lonnigan as the OC though.

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Kitchens/Monken seems like a strange dynamic. 

Cleveland fans don't question anything Dorsey does. He's like the anti-Macc on their fan boards. Knocking anything he does is met the same way saying Darnold is a bust would be here.

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im enjoying NFL football again. All that matters to me. 

The general jist of all of your posts on JN seem to be that “enjoying NFL football” actually takes a significant back seat to being an attention whore and trying to prove yourself right about every little thing on an internet message board. In fact, I’d argue that you’re only “enjoying the nfl again” because for the first time in the 5 years that I’ve been here, you finally seem to maybe be right about one of your love-childs, although we’ll see where Baker is in 3 years.

I think I speak for many of us when I say that we’re all happy for you and your Bakers, and wish you’d enjoy them somewhere other than JN. But we all know that your desire for attention from internet strangers will keep bringing you back to our Jets messageboard. 

24 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Cleveland fans don't question anything Dorsey does. He's like the anti-Macc on their fan boards. Knocking anything he does is met the same way saying Darnold is a bust would be here.

Meh, from their perspective, they are in heaven compared to where they were a year ago. I get their reaction. 

As for Darnold being a bust, he so obviously isn't to me, that I can't even worry about people who disagree. 

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Villain didn't start this thread..

He's just under a strange spell right now and it's our duty to help him find his way back to sanity.

F*ck you guys. Villain thought Mayfield would be great and now it looks like Mayfield is going to be great. Meanwhile, most of you clowns were trashing him for saying so. If Vilain wants to take a few victory laps around the court after dunking on you morons, more power to him. 

47 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Kitchens/Monken seems like a strange dynamic. 

Yeah, I don't get it. Different systems. Maybe Monkens is looking for a 1 year stop on his way to 2020 HC gig and wanted to go with a team poised for a strong O

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

F*ck you guys. Villain thought Mayfield would be great and now it looks like Mayfield is going to be great. Meanwhile, most of you clowns were trashing him for saying so. If Vilain wants to take a few victory laps around the court after dunking on you morons, more power to him. 

1000%

Enjoying every minute of it frankly. Villian has never shied away from putting strong divergent opinions out there and defending them vigorously. And the times he's been wrong he's owned it.

Enjoy your victory lap v!

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Either you quoted the wrong guy or you're too dumb to see that I was sticking up for him (not that he asked).

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, but the act of you sticking up for somebody is tantamount to throwing that person off a cliff.

He's a Jet fan.  We all know he's a Jet fan.  I jokingly said he was "under a spell" and intimated it was our job to bring him back to sanity aka get him back on the right side.

Don't you have a dog to kick or something?

Monken will be there for 1 season then he gets a head coaching job. Simple as that. Also I wouldn’t think this would work out long term anyway. Kitchens Monken and Mayfield. Two is company threes a crowd. I give Monken 1 year as their O coordinator. 

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

He's a Jet fan.  We all know he's a Jet fan.  I jokingly said he was "under a spell" and intimated it was our job to bring him back to sanity aka get him back on the right side.

To be fair, it isn't easy to tell when you're joking, when so many of your serious opinions sound like absolute jokes.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

To be fair, villain’s been an ass since before Baker entered college. I don’t care about him taking victory laps. The part where he comes to a Jets forum to openly root for another team and does play by play of that team’s games in Jets gameday threads is the part that’s annoying.

For what it’s worth, I liked Baker pre-draft and tried to have rational discussions with him about it, so f*ck you for being stupid enough to not see through his sh*t. He doesn’t care whether he’s right or wrong. He’s not doing victory laps. He just craves the attention from anonymous internet posters. That you stick up for that is what makes the world go around.

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

talk to me when Mayfield actually becomes great.

There is a very strange dynamic on this board to someone accustomed to my college boards.  

Not as much substance and little actual game and player analysis broken down with real knowledge of Xs & Os, save from a very few.  People seem to spend more time pumping players from other teams, or taunting each other if they tend to act like fans of this Jets team.   

Damn.

Archived