Sign in to follow this  
Nolder

Storage Wars Mafia Sign Ups

Thinking day/night will be scheduled.

Still working on setup.

I have a pretty good idea how this is gonna work but it's not final yet. Need another day probably.

Keep signing up in meantime.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Nope. Never seen him before.

Drop the banhammer imo

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

He came around looking to play, and it's not like our numbers on JN are booming. I say the more the merrier.

I don't trust people who seem to know too much. /shrug

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL. Yeah I was lurking... I always see you guys talking about it, but I have no idea what this game is about. I'm interested in watching how it goes...

It's a talking/negotiating game mostly. There are usually 2 teams: Town and Mafia. Mafia all know each other and can talk privately but each town member only knows they are town and aren't sure who is also town or who is mafia. The game is played in 2 phases: Day and Night. During Day all players post and decide by voting who to kill. When there is a majority the game moderator kills the player that was decided on and reveals whether they were town or mafia and then it's Night. During night mafia talk amongst themselves and decide who to kill and then they tell the game moderator. Game moderator announces who was killed and then it's Day again. Game continues until all Mafia are dead or enough Town is dead that Mafia can no longer be voted out.

This game I'm about to run is going to have some unconventional mechanics but it won't be too bad and a newbie should be able to keep up if you want to play.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

aww

Not enough cleavage, you're losing your touch. 😂

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Whoah whoah...I don't know how I feel about someone named wolf anal playing. Is that even legal???

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

It's pretty fun. For the most basic setup, everyone is assigned a role and will be on either one of two teams: Town or Mafia (aka Scum). The Town makes up the majority of the players, and they have no idea on what team everyone else is on (aka their alignment). The Mafia team is a smaller team, usually about 1/4 of the total player base, and they know who's on their team and who's not; they also have their own QT (off-site forum) where they can communicate with each other. Town's goal is to find and kill the entire Mafia team, typically by lynching (I will explain that later). The Mafia's goal is to eliminate the Town until the Mafia team numbers is at least equal to the Town.

Now, the game revolves all around conversation during the Day Phase, during which all players can vote another player. After a player gets a certain amount of votes on themselves, that player is lynched (killed) and the Day Phase is over, and the Night Phase begins. The Night Phase is where The Mafia team uses their kill on any player of their choosing, and that player will die at the beginning of the following Day Phase, and the game continues.

That pretty much sums up the basics. There are special "power roles" that both Town and Mafia may get, but most Town players are "Vanilla" which means they aren't special and can only cast votes. But we don't need to outline those now.

Here's some more reading on the game:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

The best way to learn is to jump right in. If you're still unsure, you can volunteer to be an official vote-counter, which will force you to pay attention to the game and may get a handle on it. Vote-counters are always welcome, especially in games modded by @Nolder because he sleeps a lot, and there will be long periods without an official VC. Talk to him about helping out.

1) This was a good explanation well done.

2) While your description of my sleeping habits are accurate I still choose to take offense to it. 😡

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hallia said:

In!

Oh hi! How did your DM game go? Sorry I missed it I just wasn't ready to play yet.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

If I show you a pic with my cleavage, can I have a gun to start the game?

50/50, worth trying

21 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

You should wear a low cut shirt and show me how it's done then

My moobs aren't for sale sister.

Is there anyone who isn't playing who would be willing to help with votecounts and storage auctions?

Btw since I can't find good pictures of storage lockers with the items I want in them I will be making a collage of items which is meant to represent a storage locker of junk and some of those items may or may not contain clues to what you're buying. NOTE: there will be red herrings!

Probably starting late tonight or early Thursday morning.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Did you start playing when Vic still played?

Yeah. Probably just a couple games though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Oh pls, you wouldnt survive my parents. Lets just be friends... well friendly.

I don't seem to get along with anyone's parents.

35 minutes ago, CTM said:

He'd have to leave his parents basement for that. Far more likely he's screeching for tendies from ma while face timing his socially awkward gender fluid / owlkin / asexual partner he met on dragonmount 

I know this is all just meme jokes but I have never even seen a house with a basement irl.

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Relax Lizzie . You should play because you did ask before anyone else. Take my spot. I’ll play next game. I just finished a very long game at DM. 

This isn't that type of game.

I can add anyone basically within seconds of starting.

He's in and so are you.

It occurs to me that I have no idea if what I'm doing is remotely balanced.

should still be fun though.

I'm like 85% ready and working hard to get this out ASAP.

Should be ready to rand and send out role PMs within an hour hopefully

95% ready, need to write the OP and role PMs.

12 hours ago, Pac said:

What's this sh it

Tv show about buying people's junk.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company