Storage Wars Mafia Sign Ups

Nolder

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You are a virgin, you win when you get it.

80: "Mod, I want to use my night-shot on Nyn."

Nold-mod: "Your gun is ineffective. Nyn laughs at you. You are still a virgin. You lose your voting power for the next day phase."

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

80: "Mod, I want to use my night-shot on Nyn."

Nold-mod: "Your gun is ineffective. Nyn laughs at you. You are still a virgin. You lose your voting power for the next day phase."

Shots don't work on my anyway. Gotta be clean cut decapitation otherwise I just keep coming back.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

He came around looking to play, and it's not like our numbers on JN are booming. I say the more the merrier.

Yes it's also good to have new people. Makes Nold feel more popular in comparison.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL. Yeah I was lurking... I always see you guys talking about it, but I have no idea what this game is about. I'm interested in watching how it goes...

You can come sit with me. It'll be like a teacher and pupil thing. Just adorable.

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL. Yeah I was lurking... I always see you guys talking about it, but I have no idea what this game is about. I'm interested in watching how it goes...

It's pretty fun. For the most basic setup, everyone is assigned a role and will be on either one of two teams: Town or Mafia (aka Scum). The Town makes up the majority of the players, and they have no idea on what team everyone else is on (aka their alignment). The Mafia team is a smaller team, usually about 1/4 of the total player base, and they know who's on their team and who's not; they also have their own QT (off-site forum) where they can communicate with each other. Town's goal is to find and kill the entire Mafia team, typically by lynching (I will explain that later). The Mafia's goal is to eliminate the Town until the Mafia team numbers is at least equal to the Town.

Now, the game revolves all around conversation during the Day Phase, during which all players can vote another player. After a player gets a certain amount of votes on themselves, that player is lynched (killed) and the Day Phase is over, and the Night Phase begins. The Night Phase is where The Mafia team uses their kill on any player of their choosing, and that player will die at the beginning of the following Day Phase, and the game continues.

That pretty much sums up the basics. There are special "power roles" that both Town and Mafia may get, but most Town players are "Vanilla" which means they aren't special and can only cast votes. But we don't need to outline those now.

Here's some more reading on the game:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

The best way to learn is to jump right in. If you're still unsure, you can volunteer to be an official vote-counter, which will force you to pay attention to the game and may get a handle on it. Vote-counters are always welcome, especially in games modded by @Nolder because he sleeps a lot, and there will be long periods without an official VC. Talk to him about helping out.

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It's a talking/negotiating game mostly. There are usually 2 teams: Town and Mafia. Mafia all know each other and can talk privately but each town member only knows they are town and aren't sure who is also town or who is mafia. The game is played in 2 phases: Day and Night. During Day all players post and decide by voting who to kill. When there is a majority the game moderator kills the player that was decided on and reveals whether they were town or mafia and then it's Night. During night mafia talk amongst themselves and decide who to kill and then they tell the game moderator. Game moderator announces who was killed and then it's Day again. Game continues until all Mafia are dead or enough Town is dead that Mafia can no longer be voted out.

This game I'm about to run is going to have some unconventional mechanics but it won't be too bad and a newbie should be able to keep up if you want to play.

Archived