Storage Wars Mafia Sign Ups

Nolder

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

It's pretty fun. For the most basic setup, everyone is assigned a role and will be on either one of two teams: Town or Mafia (aka Scum). The Town makes up the majority of the players, and they have no idea on what team everyone else is on (aka their alignment). The Mafia team is a smaller team, usually about 1/4 of the total player base, and they know who's on their team and who's not; they also have their own QT (off-site forum) where they can communicate with each other. Town's goal is to find and kill the entire Mafia team, typically by lynching (I will explain that later). The Mafia's goal is to eliminate the Town until the Mafia team numbers is at least equal to the Town.

Now, the game revolves all around conversation during the Day Phase, during which all players can vote another player. After a player gets a certain amount of votes on themselves, that player is lynched (killed) and the Day Phase is over, and the Night Phase begins. The Night Phase is where The Mafia team uses their kill on any player of their choosing, and that player will die at the beginning of the following Day Phase, and the game continues.

That pretty much sums up the basics. There are special "power roles" that both Town and Mafia may get, but most Town players are "Vanilla" which means they aren't special and can only cast votes. But we don't need to outline those now.

Here's some more reading on the game:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

The best way to learn is to jump right in. If you're still unsure, you can volunteer to be an official vote-counter, which will force you to pay attention to the game and may get a handle on it. Vote-counters are always welcome, especially in games modded by @Nolder because he sleeps a lot, and there will be long periods without an official VC. Talk to him about helping out.

1) This was a good explanation well done.

2) While your description of my sleeping habits are accurate I still choose to take offense to it. ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw since I can't find good pictures of storage lockers with the items I want in them I will be making a collage of items which is meant to represent a storage locker of junk and some of those items may or may not contain clues to what you're buying. NOTE: there will be red herrings!

21 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I don't seem to get along with anyone's parents.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, your mother and I just think don't think he's the right guy for you. I mean, who wears a pikachu nightie out to brunch?"

Waiter: "And what would the yellow-dressed gentlemen be having?"

Nolder: "Chicken nuggets in Ambien sauce, I choose YOU!"

On 1/15/2019 at 5:51 PM, 14 in Green said:

LOL. Yeah I was lurking... I always see you guys talking about it, but I have no idea what this game is about. I'm interested in watching how it goes...

It’s fun if you like trying to constantly read between the lines of peoples statements, and if you generally like breaking down the arguments that people are making with logic. I hate trying to play catch up for multiple pages of logical and illogical arguments so I’m a terrible ambassador of the game. However, I’ll play because everyone also takes endless jabs at each other and it’s funny. 

52 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Love how I wasn’t tagged on the first round even though I started a thread asking someone to run a game. Not interested in seeing little twat Nolder anymore. I retract.  

^^

Not sure if sarcasm, or genuine emo.

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

"I'm sorry sweetheart, your mother and I just think don't think he's the right guy for you. I mean, who wears a pikachu nightie out to brunch?"

Waiter: "And what would the yellow-dressed gentlemen be having?"

Nolder: "Chicken nuggets in Ambien sauce, I choose YOU!"

He'd have to leave his parents basement for that. Far more likely he's screeching for tendies from ma while face timing his socially awkward gender fluid / owlkin / asexual partner he met on dragonmount 

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

Love how I wasn’t tagged on the first round even though I started a thread asking someone to run a game. Not interested in seeing little twat Nolder anymore. I retract. 

Relax Lizzie . You should play because you did ask before anyone else. Take my spot. I’ll play next game. I just finished a very long game at DM. 

35 minutes ago, CTM said:

He'd have to leave his parents basement for that. Far more likely he's screeching for tendies from ma while face timing his socially awkward gender fluid / owlkin / asexual partner he met on dragonmount 

I know this is all just meme jokes but I have never even seen a house with a basement irl.

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Relax Lizzie . You should play because you did ask before anyone else. Take my spot. I’ll play next game. I just finished a very long game at DM. 

This isn't that type of game.

I can add anyone basically within seconds of starting.

He's in and so are you.

5 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Hi lizzie!! 

You should play ?

Archived