Gregg Williams contract with the Jets isn’t done deal. Redskins trying to secure a meeting Tuesday

Jetsbb

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

dammit.  If we lose Williams then make RIchard an offer fast.  Mac is such a terrible GM...  I have no confidence he can do anything right. If the jets mess this one up, the only clearcut slam dunk in all of this, Gase and Mac and C Jhnson should be on the phone and backing up the Woody Johnson Trust Fund armored car with the money needed to do this.  Money talkks here.  And the Jets are a better landing spot, I think than Washington.

Does Williams really want to deal with this guy??!!

Image result for josh norman images

OR THIS GUY??!!

Image result for NY Jets Adams images

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Rexxxx???

you just might be the most unfunny poster on the board.  Between your awful Benigno quote as your screeen name/monicker and the obnoxious Benigno picture in your avatar, just yuck all the way around.  Apologies in advance if you are Joe Benigno or are related to him.  My sympathies.  That would make life suck.  WFAN had the opportunity and excuse to fire that dunce after he inappropriately hit on young women at the WFAN, but they decided to keep this dolt on board.  Very Jets-like, don't you think?

It just said “before it’s final”.  As in progression in hammering out a contract has been made since first reported two days ago. The Redskins are simply trying to get him in their building before term on the contract are eventually met by both Gregg and the Jets.

dont sweat it. He can’t possibly want anything to do with Washington. Been there and done that. He’ll be a Jet by tomorrow.........maybe the day after.

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Pretty sure they lost him when they hired couple defensive assistants before they hired him.

We ain't hired any defensive assistants yet.

We have heard speculation on guys who might be signed.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

you just might be the most unfunny poster on the board.  Between your awful Benigno quote as your screeen name/monicker and the obnoxious Benigno picture in your avatar, just yuck all the way around.  Apologies in advance if you are Joe Benigno or are related to him.  My sympathies.  That would make life suck.  WFAN had the opportunity and excuse to fire that dunce after he inappropriately hit on young women at the WFAN, but they decided to keep this dolt on board.  Very Jets-like, don't you think?

Damnnnnn bro why u so mad ? Dont hate on rex and Joe B so much- They're both tremendous, bro!

18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And gets paid VERY handsomely to stay in his position. 

Clemson's Brent Venables gets richest total deal for assistant coach: 5 years, $11.6M

Clemson is in the middle of no where. About 1/2 hour from Greenville SC. You couldn't spend that money if you tried.  Good for him.

4 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Damnnnnn bro why u so mad ? Dont hate on rex and Joe B so much- They're both tremendous, bro!

LOL.  Tremendous.  Tremendous sucktitude.  And you defintiely are not funny at all.  In any way.

Everybody instantly goes nuts that the Jets are blowing it. How about the possibility that Williams and Gase met over the weekend and didn't see eye to eye on certain things? These are the top two positions on the team and they have to be aligned with each other. 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Gregg Williams....perennial Interim Head Coach.  Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

he will probably never get another HC opp.  Just listen to the things said at bounty-gate.  Can the league handle that?

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This may smell a little bit like leverage for Williams in negotiating a contract.  Verbal acceptance, agent starts negotiating $ and terms, it goes slow......all of a sudden "there's a phone call from another team" and a possible meeting.

when was the last time average worked with Johnson? He just goes to the next guy up with the lesser $$$ ask.

He refuses to be held hostage by “leverage”. A true patriot.

4 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

You were right on the speculation - someone posted it here:

The truth is, there is so much misinformation from all of these "sources" that it is difficult to believe anything.

I guess i took it too literal. Thanks Masterchief! Sorry to hear about the fall of Reach.

54 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Seems like if we were getting him it would have happened by now.

I agree with this. For him to want to go back to Washington even for an interview would indicate that he was not all that stoked about the Jets job. 

This is disappointing news. 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

I agree with this. For him to want to go back to Washington even for an interview would indicate that he was not all that stoked about the Jets job. 

This is disappointing news. 

It also can be seen as a tactic to get more money.  Can't blame him for that if true.

Archived