Gregg Williams contract with the Jets isn’t done deal. Redskins trying to secure a meeting Tuesday

Jetsbb

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It was on the screen side basement the whole time Gase was talking.  Greg Williams DC

Okay.  And it was official or did it say something like, "Jets working to land Williams as DC"?

I don't see it anywhere else as confirmed and I'd doubt it was getting finalized when Gase and Maccagnan were on stage at a PC.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Okay.  And it was official or did it say something like, "Jets working to land Williams as DC"?

I don't see it anywhere else as confirmed and I'd doubt it was getting finalized when Gase and Maccagnan were on stage at a PC.

I haven’t seen one thing that says anything to that affect.  

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Just said ."Gregg Williams DC". Kind of matter of fact

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not sure what the infographic said, but there has been no announcement that he’s been hired. None. 

And all I said is it was on screen that he's the DC.  They posted it for all to see, would hope they got it from someone with the Jets.  

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m not saying it didn’t. I’m just saying it was wrong. 

Well we don't know its wrong.  You're saying because you haven't read it that NFLN is wrong.  I'm saying I don't know just going on what I read, not what I haven't read

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well we don't know its wrong.  You're saying because you haven't read it that NFLN is wrong.  I'm saying I don't know just going on what I read, not what I haven't read

We know they haven’t signed a contract or hired him. Therefore, the chyron was wrong. 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I agree with this. For him to want to go back to Washington even for an interview would indicate that he was not all that stoked about the Jets job. 

This is disappointing news. 

OOOOOOR the Jets haven't officially offered him a contract. They better not F this up.

1 hour ago, SpartanJet said:

I have to say I'm warming up to Rex being D coordinator.  For the lulz of course since we will be looking for a new gm/coach in 2-3 years might as well have some fun along the way.  I'd bet by year 2 Rex would at least take a swing at Gase.

Like father like son ?

https://riggosrag.com/2019/01/14/report-redskins-trying-to-schedule-last-minute-meeting-with-gregg-williams/

The Washington Redskins continue to be shrouded in mystery regarding their coaching staff. Now, they are reportedly making a last-ditch effort to convince Gregg Williams to return to the team.

Gregg Williams was certainly one of the hotter defensive coordinators on the market this offseason. After successfully leading the Browns to a 5-3 record as an interim head coach, Williams’ wealth of his experience and ability to create aggressive, attacking defenses appealed to many teams across the league. In addition to this, Williams’ ability as a motivator definitely made him the apple of many teams’ eye this offseason.

The Jets were the ones who ultimately won the battle for his service. Adam Gase was going to bring him along to create a great offense/defense coaching duo and potentially bring the Jets back to relevance. However, no contract has officially be signed, and that is leaving the door open for other teams.

Now, it seems that the Redskins want to jump into the fray and get Williams. According to NBC Sports Washington’s JP Finlay, the team is trying to secure an 11th-hour meeting with Williams in the hopes of making him the team’s defensive coordinator.

Have heard that Gregg Williams contract with the Jets isn’t done deal. Redskins trying to secure a meeting before anything goes final, per source. Clock is ticking though.

The meeting, which Finlay says would hopefully take place on Tuesday, would be regarding the Redskins’ defensive coordinator job. This is interesting for a multitude of reasons.

The first is that the Redskins already have Greg Manusky installed as their defensive coordinator. They haven’t made a move to fire him yet, and it appeared that they were content to keep him on the staff for another season. Now, it’s becoming apparent that the team is trying to move on from him. That fact that he is still on the team amidst these rumors is…well…awkward.

Second, Williams has experience in Washington already as a defensive coordinator. He was considered to be one of the favorites to get the head coaching job after Joe Gibbs retired for the second time, but instead, he found himself looking for employment elsewhere. It’s possible that he could have a damaged relationship with Dan Snyder as a result of this, and that could potentially cause issues if they attempt a reunion.

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

https://riggosrag.com/2019/01/14/report-redskins-trying-to-schedule-last-minute-meeting-with-gregg-williams/

The Washington Redskins continue to be shrouded in mystery regarding their coaching staff. Now, they are reportedly making a last-ditch effort to convince Gregg Williams to return to the team.

Gregg Williams was certainly one of the hotter defensive coordinators on the market this offseason. After successfully leading the Browns to a 5-3 record as an interim head coach, Williams’ wealth of his experience and ability to create aggressive, attacking defenses appealed to many teams across the league. In addition to this, Williams’ ability as a motivator definitely made him the apple of many teams’ eye this offseason.

The Jets were the ones who ultimately won the battle for his service. Adam Gase was going to bring him along to create a great offense/defense coaching duo and potentially bring the Jets back to relevance. However, no contract has officially be signed, and that is leaving the door open for other teams.

Now, it seems that the Redskins want to jump into the fray and get Williams. According to NBC Sports Washington’s JP Finlay, the team is trying to secure an 11th-hour meeting with Williams in the hopes of making him the team’s defensive coordinator.

Have heard that Gregg Williams contract with the Jets isn’t done deal. Redskins trying to secure a meeting before anything goes final, per source. Clock is ticking though.

The meeting, which Finlay says would hopefully take place on Tuesday, would be regarding the Redskins’ defensive coordinator job. This is interesting for a multitude of reasons.

The first is that the Redskins already have Greg Manusky installed as their defensive coordinator. They haven’t made a move to fire him yet, and it appeared that they were content to keep him on the staff for another season. Now, it’s becoming apparent that the team is trying to move on from him. That fact that he is still on the team amidst these rumors is…well…awkward.

Second, Williams has experience in Washington already as a defensive coordinator. He was considered to be one of the favorites to get the head coaching job after Joe Gibbs retired for the second time, but instead, he found himself looking for employment elsewhere. It’s possible that he could have a damaged relationship with Dan Snyder as a result of this, and that could potentially cause issues if they attempt a reunion.

Oh man, if he chooses the Skins over the Jets with this kind of history he has with Snyder, that is going to be about the worst indictment of this team you can get.  

Archived