Gregg Williams contract with the Jets isn’t done deal. Redskins trying to secure a meeting Tuesday

Jetsbb

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.... reading the tea leaves, there seems to be some obstacle that they are trying to negotiate their way through. So after three days and no breakthrough, one wonders if this is going to get done in the end.  Things do not look very optimistic for a Williams signing.

Just now, Jets1958 said:

Well.... reading the tea leaves, there seems to be some obstacle that they are trying to negotiate their way through. So after three days and no breakthrough, one wonders if this is going to get done in the end.  Things do not look very optimistic for a Williams signing.

Hard to believe no one in that room asked that question!

That would have been my 1st.

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

We know they haven’t signed a contract or hired him. Therefore, the chyron was wrong. 

And we know this how?  Haven't read that.  Haven't read anything, seriously, in in a hospital having a procedure.  

EDIT: Just read Ciminis tweet.

In all honesty the Jets DC job isn't all that secure.  

The GM is on thin ice, and not very popular with the fans,  68% of the fans hate, and want the new HC fired already.  LOL.   Unless they come out of the gate and Win, Win, Win it could get very ugly, very fast.

Think he'll strongly consider any serious job offer

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I just can't  thinknof someone else Gase would want other than Joseph

Didn't Vance Joseph get hired by the Cardinals?

My preference was for either Gregg Williams, Vance Joseph or Kris Richard.  The only one of those still available is Williams.

Hate to see it, but I will be very disappointed if the Jets do not land an aggressive, experienced DC.

Didn't Vance Joseph get hired by the Cardinals?
My preference was for either Gregg Williams, Vance Joseph or Kris Richard.  The only one of those still available is Williams.
Hate to see it, but I will be very disappointed if the Jets do not land an aggressive, experienced DC.

I think Joseph went to the browns

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

In all honesty the Jets DC job isn't all that secure.  
The GM is on thin ice, and not very popular with the fans,  68% on the fans hate, and want the new HC fired already.  LOL.   Unless they come out of the gate and Win, Win, Win it could get very ugly, very fast.
Think he'll strongly consider any serious job offer

I agree with you and Chris Johnson is to stupid ti understand the business side of football. They get off to a slow start, things will get interesting.

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

Good thing your opinion means less than nothing to me. None of my posts are intended to make you laugh. 

Change your avatar.  It makes me physically ill.  Tom Brady likes the Jets more than that guy.

SAR I

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

you just might be the most unfunny poster on the board.  Between your awful Benigno quote as your screeen name/monicker and the obnoxious Benigno picture in your avatar, just yuck all the way around.  Apologies in advance if you are Joe Benigno or are related to him.  My sympathies.  That would make life suck.  WFAN had the opportunity and excuse to fire that dunce after he inappropriately hit on young women at the WFAN, but they decided to keep this dolt on board.  Very Jets-like, don't you think?

What a duesh comment. Haha Rex as DC we could do worse not as bad as as your attempt to be clever or funny or whatever your above comment was supposed to be

11 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I agree with you and Chris Johnson is to stupid ti understand the business side of football. They get off to a slow start, things will get interesting.

Is Chris Johnson stupid? I have no freaking idea because I can not hear a muther fu<king word he says. He could be Einstein, Buffet, and Halas all rolled up into one for all I know.

Archived