Gregg Williams contract with the Jets isn’t done deal. Redskins trying to secure a meeting Tuesday

Jetsbb

20 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Chris needs to bake those damn cupcakes now! What is the hold up?

Make him the highest paid coordinator in the league and be done with it. 

The Jets will need someone with experience and enough cache to run the defense because Gase said that a lot of his attention will be on and for Darnold, so he is going to need someone who can run the defense effectively without much input from the HC. That man is Gregg Williams. Jets need to sign him before the Redskins do.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Is Chris Johnson stupid? I have no freaking idea because I can not hear a muther fu<king word he says. He could be Einstein, Buffet, and Halas all rolled up into one for all I know.

if there's a bidding war for any candidate or free agent, the Jets will lose

they only hire the most exclusive players and coaches, guys who wouldn't be in the league otherwise 

and they pass the savings onto  themselves 

that's the Johnson guarantee  

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

they only hire the most exclusive players and coaches, guys who wouldn't be in the league otherwise 

That, and guaranteed “no playoff mandate. Ever.”

and i quote the man

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I heard Heimendinger is walking the Appalachian Trail as we speak looking for defensive coordinators.  

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Chuck Pagano? FWIW, was with a longtime friend this weekend who has had Raven season tix since they have been in Baltimore. He is a very objective guy, and he thinks Pagano was by far the best DC they've had. And the Ravens have had some great defenses.

Pagano would be a welcome choice. I doubt Gase has the confidence to bring in my first choice, Del Rio. 

Adam couldn't handle Jack running his fingers through all that beautiful the-80s-were-so-damn-good-to-me hair on the sidelines next to him...

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Pagano would be a welcome choice. I doubt Gase has the confidence to bring in my first choice, Del Rio. 

Adam couldn't handle Jack running his fingers through all that beautiful the-80s-were-so-damn-good-to-me hair on the sidelines next to him...

13 minutes ago, section314 said:

Chuck Pagano? FWIW, was with a longtime friend this weekend who has had Raven season tix since they have been in Baltimore. He is a very objective guy, and he thinks Pagano was by far the best DC they've had. And the Ravens have had some great defenses.

Pagano already was hired by another team (Bears). He would have been a better hire as well. 

The delay must also have something to do with the jets and other teams waiting for a guy still in the playoffs

In this day and age of communications you can have the parameters of a deal worked out in a matter of hours and then get on a plane and get it done

it really makes little sense the length of the delay

13 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I heard Heimendinger is walking the Appalachian Trail as we speak looking for defensive coordinators.  

this is where an experienced tracker like Jeremy Bates would come in handy

the guy couldn't call a pass play to save his life but he can identify scat as old as two weeks by species. 

it's not all bad news i heard Harry from Harry and the Hendersons is their choice for run game coordinator 

if they can just find him 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

The delay must also have something to do with the jets and other teams waiting for a guy still in the playoffs

In this day and age of communications you can have the parameters of a deal worked out in a matter of hours and then get on a plane and get it done

it really makes little sense the length of the delay

Gregg Williams is just out for a pack of smokes,  he'll be back any day.

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this is where an experienced tracker like Jeremy Bates would come in handy

the guy couldn't call a pass play to save his life but he can identify scat as old as two weeks by species. 

it's not all bad news i heard Harry from Harry and the Hendersons is their choice for run game coordinator 

if they can just find him 

Word is Harry is asking for too much money, his son however is a hot young assistant who will work for a bag of beef jerky.  That’s Chris Johnson’s first choice.  

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Is Chris Johnson stupid? I have no freaking idea because I can not hear a muther fu<king word he says. He could be Einstein, Buffet, and Halas all rolled up into one for all I know.

I think it more a matter of being a trust fund beneficiary that was plucked off the tennis court at the country club and next thing you know he's running the Jets and being thrust in front of tv cameras.  He's counting the minutes until he can go back to playing backgammon and sipping mimosa's.

4 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I think it more a matter of being a trust fund beneficiary that was plucked off the tennis court at the country club and next thing you know he's running the Jets and being thrust in front of tv cameras.  He's counting the minutes until he can go back to playing backgammon and sipping mimosa's.

the recent revelation that talcum powder is groin poison and the company covered it up for 40 years has to factor at least somewhat into their financial planning 

2 hours ago, Green DNA said:

lol

23 hours ago, SpartanJet said:

I have to say I'm warming up to Rex being D coordinator.  For the lulz of course since we will be looking for a new gm/coach in 2-3 years might as well have some fun along the way.  I'd bet by year 2 Rex would at least take a swing at Gase.

Rex ain't coming back to be a defensive coordinator for us.  Now Rob on the other hand...

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

That can't be good.

In March 2012, the NFL suspended Vitt for the first six games of the 2012 season after it found he had been complicit in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal. According to a league statement, Vitt had been assigned to monitor Williams, but failed to tell anyone about the slush fund Williams implemented to pay defensive players for deliberately trying to knock opponents out of games. The league also found that he had helped to cover up the scheme during both of its inquiries into the matter.[4] In December 2012 the Associated Press reported that, according to transcripts of the players' appeal hearing, former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who was under investigation for starting the bounty program, testified that he wanted to end the program after the NFL began investigating, but Vitt overruled him.[5] However, Vitt denied the claims,[6] and offered to take a polygraph test. Vitt also stated that witnesses of the program had lied in the investigation.[7]

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You do realize Rex and Rob are literally clones of eachother? 

Rex was always more of the innovator. Better overall. That said, I don't want either side of that egg on the Jets. Let's just move on already. :) 

Archived