Press Conference

section314

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I finally just got to watch the presser in full, and I can't believe as such a heavy critic, I'm going to be the one saying this, but holy crap are things said around here ridiculously overstated.  Yeah, I definitely caught the whole eye movement thing, I mean you couldn't miss it, but beyond that the press conference was pretty standard fare, the kind of stuff you get from the majority of these kind of things.  Sure it doesn't quite get the entertainment value of Rex's "kiss the rings" shenanigans, but all of Gase's answers were pretty straight up and quite frankly about all you could hope for a guy 15 minutes into the job.  I don't even like the move, but what the hell do you really expect out of him today?

Chris Johnson on the other hand, did a way worse job doing his own part.  I was actually glad Maccagnan didn't speak, as it's quite likely there's nothing he could say that wouldn't piss me off at this point.

Same here. I just got finished watching it and these comments here are so blown out of proportion. The best part is reading all the doctors on this board diagnosing what type of ailment he has because they just watched him during a 15 minute presser.

43 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If you wanted the "high road" you should have retracted/edited that post shortly after you either came to the realization that it was in poor taste,  or when others {many} called your attention to it.  You did neither.  Now, three hours after the fact, you have an epiphany.  Better late than never. Someone in your  position should know better, that's for  sure.  Attacking those who call you out on it isn't the "high road"

Hey man, we have differing opinions. Lets be real, for every guy that had your reaction theres probably another guy that giggled and didnt take it the same way.

Ive been working on my mustang for the last few hours....

I said im sorry if it was in poor taste. What else can I do or say? Im trying to express some kind of remorse being that some people like you, or maybe not you, have personal ties to this

so im sorry again

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I finally just got to watch the presser in full, and I can't believe as such a heavy critic of the hire, I'm going to be the one saying this, but holy crap are things said around here ridiculously overstated.

Yeah, I definitely caught the whole eye movement thing, I mean you couldn't miss it, but beyond that the press conference was pretty standard fare, the kind of stuff you get from the majority of these kind of things.  Sure it doesn't quite get the entertainment value of Rex's "kiss the rings" shenanigans, but all of Gase's answers were pretty straight up and quite frankly about all you could hope for a guy 15 minutes into the job.  I don't even like the move, but what the hell do you really expect out of him today?

Chris Johnson on the other hand, did a way worse job doing his own part.  I was actually glad Maccagnan didn't speak, as it's quite likely there's nothing he could say that wouldn't piss me off at this point.

The 3 of them look like the groovy ghoulies.

https://youtu.be/14dRYVsxM9g

Please take a look at his introductory video 3 years ago. He loooked calm and collected. Even told a joke! 

At that time, if I had to guess, there were probably 1/5 of the amount of people he saw today. Our media prolly freaked him out a little. All I know is if press conferences had any indication on the type of coach a man would be, Rex Ryan would be arguably the greatest coach of all time. Bowles even had a pretty good initial press conference. 

Get this man his Yankees cap, his coaching staff, and let’s get this thing rolling. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Sure. But looking at the overarching power structure excluding Gase, how they're icing out any sort of questions from actual media (Cimini's real question pretty much ended the thing), not having  or articulating any sort of plan, bumbling over themselves etc...its extremely difficult to be confident that Gase has any chance here. Today was a total WTF. A 10 minute introductory with each media member getting 1 question? Hard to just say yeah they got this.

The Elephant in the room and the #1 question that had to have been asked, but of course wasn’t was, “you’ve been handed one of the most bottom feeding rosters in the NFL by that dunce with the phony smile to your left, about 3 1/2 players on the final 53 could start for any other team in the NFL, what are you going to do about it?  You’ve supposedly abdicated ANY control over the roster, shouldn’t that be rethought?  3 1/2 players to show for 4 YEARS of Drafts and FA signings, how can that get better?”

So if anyone wants to continue this conversation, I would like to mention that you can continue it in another thread because this one is done.

If anyone decides to continue the fighting and personal attacks in the new thread, you will be banned.

Have a great day.

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So if anyone wants to continue this conversation, I would like to mention that you can continue it in another thread because this one is done.

If anyone decides to continue the fighting and personal attacks in the new thread, you will be banned.

Have a great day.

Thanks. You too Boss. 

Archived