Press Conference

section314

37 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yeah, you can tell the big presser is not fun for him.

But in a one on one interview later with Jenay Coakely he came across as personable and comfortable and perfectly fine, imo. Nothing to not like, and I was initially negative on him and looking for reasons not to like him.

Granted I knew nothing about him and it mostly about my hate for the Dolphins

Listen to the Michael Kay interview.  It's great... totally different. If I had to guess, he has some Tourette's symptoms.  Not a big deal, but probably why he wears the cap so low at press conferences. 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Catching up on today's presser......talk about CRINGE.....geesh!

Someone please help me shake the feeling that the two imbeciles wedged between Gase have no clue what's going on...Mac just looks happy that he survived Jets purge 2018

How long before Gase hurls a mic at a NY media member?

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

People "on the spectrum" as it were are often brilliant.  Especially the Asperger's folks.  Seems to go along with it that they can be brilliant (or just obsessive) about some thing, but a deeply incapable of social interaction in normal ways.

And Gase is CLEARLY incapable of social interaction in normal ways.  So who knows.

That's actually not true. Savantism is incredibly rare, and preseveration will typically lead to rote knowledge of a particular subject or activity, but does not correlate to high intelligence. My non-verbal daughter's intelligence is likely very high (yet untestable for the most part) while my "higher functioning" son has average intelligence but is "gifted" with savant-like learning when it comes to music. Try to teach him abstract stuff like reading comprehension though and get ready for a loooong homework session.

But I digress. Coach Gase definitely has some sort of social interaction deficit. It appears to manifest itself in larger groups, so I believe it's either a spectrum thing or more likely a social anxiety disorder. Think back to Ricky Williams and his press conferences. Gase does the same thing with his hat that Williams did with his helmet. I saw it less in 1:1 interviews he's given.

35 minutes ago, BleedGreen92 said:

You can look it up if you don’t believe me. Now if that’s a fact...am I lying ?

Look it up yourself.. I did. Didn't have to, but just to be sure.  Fact.  Adam Lanza was the  killer who executed 20 precious children and six adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Conn. Dec. 14th, 2012, before turning the gun on himself. What part of that don't you understand a$$hole.  You can call it lying, insanity or a mistake on your part.  It is what it is.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Forgive me for insensitivity, but if Gase DOES have social anxiety/spectrum/issues/whatever, that IS a legitimate issue for an NFL Head Coach.

-Word was alot of his players in Miami didn't like him and obviously quit on him at seasons end.

-Word is he had verbal altercations with his front office and Owner.

-Word is that people like Jamal Adams are not exactly wallflowers afraid to speak their minds.  

The job of an NFL Head Coach IS a social interaction job.  

If he legitimately has issues (whatever those issues may be), that would concern me only from a "can he actually manage an entire staff and team of modern entitled NFL Kids" or not.

Time will tell, but word from Miami isn't exactly encouraging.  And this presser very much made him look like he has issues in a social setting.

sounds like autism to me

11 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

send him one, he definitely could use one of your knit beanies to keep that scalp warm come December. Consider it a good will gesture that will warm his heart to Jets fans.

Yeah I think I will (once I add some blue to the green and white. I’ve actually thought about doing that already Thinking it would be a nice combination and now it looks like it may really happen). 

he might not have much of a winter hat wardrobe being from FL. Having said that it looks like the NFL has a very organized hat program where the whole league  wears the same one every week (a new one each week and theyre really nice). I’ve wondered how to get on that train. 

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Is this real life? 

He is in coaching for 22 years, but becomes a meme 15 seconds into his jets career? 

Wonderful 

That's what is SOOO great about the Jets fanbase AND media:

OF COURSE the guy is fine, he's been coaching, as you stated, for 22 years in the college and Pro ranks! If it were TRUE or even an inkling of truth, IT HAS NOT IMPEDED HIS SUCCESS to this point in his coaching career. Looking at YOU! @Warfish

2 NFL HC gigs by the time he's 41? Having coached UNDER Saban, Mariucci, Mike Martz, Josh McDaniels, & John Fox!!

If ANY of you Fuçking MORONS ACTUALLY believe the guy is autistic and that it may affect his ability to coach this team, I've got a bridge in brooklyn to sell ya! 

This spectrum talk is all in Jest and if any you mooks are sincere, GTFO b/c you're dragging DOWN the intelligence level of this forum. 

(I'll accept my ban if need be.)

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Can I now stress that communication to the fans and players is a big deal?

People actually interviewed this person and thought he would play well in NY/NJ?

All I can say is Gase had better be Vince Lombardi   

Couldn’t disagree more. I hope he gives us the fans nothing in terms of information and planning, and I hope he’s abravise and adversarial to the media, because that’s all that they deserve. His only job is to win games, not be media savvy. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Forgive me for insensitivity, but if Gase DOES have social anxiety/spectrum/issues/whatever, that IS a legitimate issue for an NFL Head Coach.

-Word was alot of his players in Miami didn't like him and obviously quit on him at seasons end.

-Word is he had verbal altercations with his front office and Owner.

-Word is that people like Jamal Adams are not exactly wallflowers afraid to speak their minds.  

The job of an NFL Head Coach IS a social interaction job.  

If he legitimately has issues (whatever those issues may be), that would concern me only from a "can he actually manage an entire staff and team of modern entitled NFL Kids" or not.

Time will tell, but word from Miami isn't exactly encouraging.  And this presser very much made him look like he has issues in a social setting.

He is obviously talented at certain things and probably very talented at some, but I am afraid his talents are too narrowly focused. He is probably a good coordinator but I doubt he has the wide ranging ability to be a successful head coach. The fact that he starts drawing up plays during a game is a perfect example. He was the hot OC to HC candidate three years ago. I believe he has already shown his HC mettle (or lack thereof). I know people are hoping to see change but that is not realistic. His characteristics are not a matter of choice 

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Couldn’t disagree more. I hope he gives us the fans nothing in terms of information and planning, and I hope he’s abravise and adversarial to the media, because that’s all that they deserve. His only job is to win games, not be media savvy. 

Absurd perspective. The NFL has PR requirements of teams and coaches. And how do you plan to find out what your team is doing when the media is cut out of the loop? 

In all seriousness....it's clear he's not a big fan of all the media stuff...he alluded to it when he spoke with EA after the presser...but you can see how giddy he gets when talking about straight up football...

I don't think whatever social quirk he has will be any impediment on his ability to be the HC....

I do foresee him completely obliterating one of the media dunces during a press conference however

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Blah blah blah I'm correct b/c I'm surly. 

If you don't see his behavior, specifically the eye darting bug eyed wild eye movement thing, today as at least a bit odd......dude, it's you, not us.

GTFOutta HERE!

And way to project you insecurities. The guy was CLEARLY overwhelmed by the NY media turnout. He could be an intense introvert who's not used to a NYC press conference - you got 3 STATES and a Megalopolis (NYC, NY, NJ, & CT) covering the event. 

If you had 1/2 a brain! you'd see his personal interviews were much more of a comfortable environment for him. 

It's not me, you're the moron projecting your cluelessness and small-town naiveté 

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I think he'll be the NEXT COMING of Parcels w/the media. I LOVE IT! Can't WAIT!

Honestly, and I am sorry to continue to harp on the negative but...

there's no way anyone could have come out of the press conference and be more confident in his ability to deliver success.

For someone like me, that believed this to be a terrible hire - this really scares the heck out of me.  This lends an awful lot of credence to the fears about losing the team and fighting with the owner.  

Ugh..

15 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Belichick has fared just fine, completely invalidating your argument. 

Because they win. The Jets not being able to articulate any sort of message with any sort of nuance, from ownership on down while winning 4-5 games annually makes them look like amateurs. It’s how the Knicks do business too, and the fans buy it.

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

GTFOutta HERE!

And way to project you insecurities. The guy was CLEARLY overwhelmed by the NY media turnout. He could be an intense introvert who's not used to a NYC press conference - you got 3 STATES and a Megalopolis (NYC, NY, NJ, & CT) covering the event. 

If you had 1/2 a brain! you'd see his personal interviews were much more of a comfortable environment for him. 

It's not me, you're the moron projecting your cluelessness and small-town naiveté 

Yep, it's you.  

Washington DC, "Small Town", lol.

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

YOU work with Autistic kids, yet you posted that picture from Newtown?!   What the Hell is wrong with you. Clearly in your "working" with these kids you haven't been paying attention.  Either that or you have a warped sense of humor or are just plain stupid.  In either case, it's not good.  Feel sorry for you, but worse for the kids you work with.

I have a warped sense of humor indeed.

i love my kids and they are crazy about me. 

Go change your panties

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yep, it's you.  

Washington DC, "Small Town", lol.

It definitely isn't a REAL City. LOL.

That $hithole is about as fake and small-time as the flunkies who occupy its beaurocratic government "titles." IT's WHY the Nation's Capital was MOVED FROM NYC to DC - b/c it was a small empty swampland that could focus on government since NYC had too much going on. 

DC = A JOKE. in EVERY way. LOL.

Do the suburbs of Virginia count as DC nowadays like they did back in the 80's under Marion Barry ?

Press conferences don’t win games. Personally, it was better than most Bowles pressers. Worst ever? Remember those early Bellicheat pressers in NE?

You are certainly correct pressers don’t win games. However, when they are so bad/strange as this one was it puts Gase deeper in the hole. I can guarantee that none of those guys wanted it to go where it did. They probably wanted a eventless press conference with a few easy questions. Get in and get out.

They did not want memes of a bugged eyed head coach. When I say of of the worst it is because it will be replayed for years after he his long gone.

Also, I do find it funny how people are claiming he is on the spectrum without ever meeting the man. Honestly he is just probably a little awkward nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

It definitely isn't a REAL town.

That $hithole is about as fake and small-time as the flunkies who occupy its beaurocratic government "titles." IT's WHY the Nation's Capital was MOVED FROM NYC to DC - b/c it was a small empty swampland that could focus on government 

Dear Lord, you're a walking stereotype of a schmucky egomaniac Nuu Yaawk'er.

2 minutes ago, kthisguy said:

You are certainly correct pressers don’t win games. However, when they are so bad/strange as this one was it puts Gase deeper in the hole. I can guarantee that none of those guys wanted it to go where it did. They probably wanted a eventless press conference with a few easy questions. Get in and get out.

They did not want memes of a bugged eyed head coach. When I say of of the worst it is because it will be replayed for years after he his long gone.

Also, I do find it funny how people are claiming he is on the spectrum without ever meeting the man. Honestly he is just probably a little awkward nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I tend to agree with most of what you said. The meme is very unfortunate. 

31 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's what is SOOO great about the Jets fanbase AND media:

OF COURSE the guy is fine, he's been coaching, as you stated, for 22 years in the college and Pro ranks! If it were TRUE or even an inkling of truth, IT HAS NOT IMPEDED HIS SUCCESS to this point in his coaching career. Looking at YOU! @Warfish

2 NFL HC gigs by the time he's 41? Having coached UNDER Saban, Mariucci, Mike Martz, Josh McDaniels, & John Fox!!

If ANY of you Fuçking MORONS ACTUALLY believe the guy is autistic and that it may affect his ability to coach this team, I've got a bridge in brooklyn to sell ya! 

This spectrum talk is all in Jest and if any you mooks are sincere, GTFO b/c you're dragging DOWN the intelligence level of this forum. 

(I'll accept my ban if need be.)

Lol, you DO need to be banned. I offered up an insightful, first-hand account of my experience with this, to say nothing of my professional experience, and you 'down-voted' it because I saw fit to do so to this tripe? You're a tool of the first order, a terrible poster to boot, and an all-around drag on this site as a whole.

Max and mods, apologies in advance, but this jerkoff pushed this "fvcking moron" a bit too much with the above.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Dear Lord, you're a walking stereotype of a schmucky egomaniac Nuu Yaawk'er.

Ain't from Long Island. But yes, I'm a 1st generation native of the 5 boroughs. You don't talk here unless you can back it up, thus why I've been blessed with the gift of gab. 

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

YOU work with Autistic kids, yet you posted that picture from Newtown?!   What the Hell is wrong with you. Clearly in your "working" with these kids you haven't been paying attention.  Either that or you have a warped sense of humor or are just plain stupid.  In either case, it's not good.  Feel sorry for you, but worse for the kids you work with.

Now that ive clamed down a bit lemme take the high road.

adam gase has bugged out eyes. The first thing i thought was that scoundrel adam lanza. They look alike, eye wise. Big time.

so, everyone started posting comparison pics. I did the same.

from this, you assume at worst i must think adam lanza is a great american hero because i think its great that little kids got murdered in cold blood.

At best, you thought it was in poor taste. Ok, i can understand anyone feeling the latter, but the former? Give it a rest drama queen.

so if it was in bad taste i apologize. But i wont apologize for the former because thats certainly not my intention. Adam lanza is a funny looking weirdo and he looks a bit like gase, thats all.

one more thing: this is a message board. Nobody knows anyone. Some of us are playing characters online. What gets said here in no way guarantees what goes on in real life. I dont give a crap about anyones opinion or assumptions of me. I purposely dont use the proper conventions of writing becuase its not important here. I dont care. I have fat thumbs and i hate typing.

Tomorrow, however, when i get into work i guarantee you i will be cheered and high fived by at least a dozen special forces guys that adore me. Because im good at what i do, and i stick up for those that cant advocate for themselves. 

Archived