Press Conference

section314

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because they win. The Jets not being able to articulate any sort of message with any sort of nuance, from ownership on down while winning 4-5 games annually makes them look like amateurs. It’s how the Knicks do business too, and the fans buy it.

Agreed. Gase will be judged on winning. Him not being charismatic or media friendly does not prove or even indicate that he won’t be successful. We’ve watched this in Foxboro for almost two decades. 

9 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I have a warped sense of humor indeed.

i love my kids and they are crazy about me. 

Go change your panties

I have a son with Asperger's. I,  and most people don't find you funny.  Your "kids' don't know any better.  If the parents of those kids saw your post. you wouldn't have a job.  Put that post in your portfolio on your next job interview and see how it goes over. Go drown yourself in a pool of sh*t.  Find that funny?

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Agreed. Gase will be judged on winning. Him not being charismatic or media friendly does not prove or even indicate that he won’t be successful. We’ve watched this in Foxboro for almost two decades. 

Sure. But looking at the overarching power structure excluding Gase, how they're icing out any sort of questions from actual media (Cimini's real question pretty much ended the thing), not having  or articulating any sort of plan, bumbling over themselves etc...its extremely difficult to be confident that Gase has any chance here. Today was a total WTF. A 10 minute introductory with each media member getting 1 question? Hard to just say yeah they got this.

16 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

Lol, you DO need to be banned. I offered up an insightful, first-hand account of my experience with this, to say nothing of my professional experience, and you 'down-voted' it because I saw fit to do so to this tripe? You're a tool of the first order, a terrible poster to boot, and an all-around drag on this site as a whole.

Max and mods, apologies in advance, but this jerkoff pushed this "fvcking moron" a bit too much.

Your opinion IS YOUR OPINION. 

It is INSULTING, if in earnest, to insinuate that the HC has some social/mental deficiency. 

Good for you for sharing your "insight and experience" on THAT issue, but that doesn't make you correct in YOUR interpretation - which is what ALL these posts are, internet opinions/interpretations - over others, let alone to say the NYJ HC is on a spectrum. That's so "privileged" in your false rationale and I disagree. 

I didn't call YOU SPECIFICALLY a "fm," but if you want to consider yourself as PART of that category and entitled thinking, go ahead. 

And just for parity, you're a jerkoff too! :)

Now let's NOT DERAIL this thread and get it locked up you twit.

Today wasn't  great look. Rex Ryan was the toast of the town the day he was hired. But this isn't about who is great at press conferences. Let's see how this works out when the games start. 

Also, had no idea we had so many fantastic medical professionals here capable of diagnosing Adam Gase's supposedly myriad neuroses based on a very short press conference without having met him nor knowing anything much else about him. He does appear to be a bit socially awkward, but beyond that think many people here are going waaaayyyyy toooooo faaaaarrr. 

4 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Now that ive clamed down a bit lemme take the high road.

adam gase has bugged out eyes. The first thing i thought was that scoundrel adam lanza. They look alike, eye wise. Big time.

so, everyone started posting comparison pics. I did the same.

from this, you assume at worst i must think adam lanza is a great american hero because i think its great that little kids got murdered in cold blood.

At best, you thought it was in poor taste. Ok, i can understand anyone feeling 

If you wanted the "high road" you should have retracted/edited that post shortly after you either came to the realization that it was in poor taste,  or when others {many} called your attention to it.  You did neither.  Now, three hours after the fact, you have an epiphany.  Better late than never. Someone in your  position should know better, that's for  sure.  Attacking those who call you out on it isn't the "high road"

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Today wasn't  great look. Rex Ryan was the toast of the town the day he was hired. But this isn't about who is great at press conferences. Let's see how this works out when the games start. 

Also, had no idea we had so many fantastic medical professionals here capable of diagnosing Adam Gase's supposedly myriad neuroses based on a very short press conference without having met him nor knowing anything much else about him. He does appear to be a bit socially awkward, but beyond that think many people here are going waaaayyyyy toooooo faaaaarrr. 

A voice of sanity in the malstrom of strange and tangled opinions. Kudos.

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

+10000000

It's all in good Internet humor, and for the dolts that are SERIOUS in JUDGING him and projecting THEIR declarations as absolute based on a 10 minute presser is absurd. 

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Your opinion IS YOUR OPINION. 

It is INSULTING, if in earnest, to insinuate that the HC has some social/mental deficiency. 

Good for you for sharing your "insight and experience" on THAT issue, but that doesn't make you correct in YOUR interpretation - which is what ALL these posts are, internet opinions/interpretations - over others, let alone to say the NYJ is on a spectrum. That's so "privileged" in your false rationale and I disagree. 

I didn't call YOU SPECIFICALLY a "fm," but if you want to consider yourself as PART of that category and entitled thinking, go ahead. 

And just for parity, you're a jerkoff too! :)

Now let's NOT DERAIL this thread and get it locked up you twit.

It's not privilege or "false rationale", it's observations made after decades of experience dealing with a subjective diagnosis; in other words my insights and experience carry a lot of weight. You're still free to disagree, of course.

Just watched the Kay interview.   I like the guy more now..and the hire.  Yes..he’s intense. Even in a more relaxed interview setting..his body language is tense and tight.

but he sounds like he has a burning desire to help guys succeed.  That’s his source of satisfaction.  

I think he’ll be great working with Sam.  

I did get a kick out of the presser..with his crazy eyes..but that’s over now for me. Probably a tic.  

Now ..let’s get Williams and then some players.  

42 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's what is SOOO great about the Jets fanbase AND media:

OF COURSE the guy is fine, he's been coaching, as you stated, for 22 years in the college and Pro ranks! If it were TRUE or even an inkling of truth, IT HAS NOT IMPEDED HIS SUCCESS to this point in his coaching career. Looking at YOU! @Warfish

2 NFL HC gigs by the time he's 41? Having coached UNDER Saban, Mariucci, Mike Martz, Josh McDaniels, & John Fox!!

If ANY of you Fuçking MORONS ACTUALLY believe the guy is autistic and that it may affect his ability to coach this team, I've got a bridge in brooklyn to sell ya! 

This spectrum talk is all in Jest and if any you mooks are sincere, GTFO b/c you're dragging DOWN the intelligence level of this forum. 

(I'll accept my ban if need be.)

I dont care if you get banned or not, as i dont believe in banning.

However, what exactly is your experience with mental disabilities and austism?

Well, Ive been at it for almost 20 years. Can I say that hes autistic? No. Can I say based on my experience i believe he is in the “spectrum”? Absolutely.

lots of people, even successful ones, are in the spectrum. Its not a BAD thing. In fact, I know 2 teachers, one a special ed teacher, that everyone knows is in the spectrum at school.

The 2 red flags? 

1. Inability or difficulty to maintain relationships or proper social interactions with people

2. The “stare”

So you dont have to believe it, but you shouldnt hurl insults and profanities over it babycakes

17 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

It's not privilege or "false rationale", it's observations made after decades of experience dealing with a subjective diagnosis; in other words my insights and experience carry a lot of weight. You're still free to disagree, of course.

:lol: I Do disagree.

You have insights and experience in DEALING PERSONALLY with ADAM GASE the HC of the NYJ? Because if you do, then that's ALL that is relevant. If not, then your "insight & experience" are MERE SPECULATION AND CONJECTURE w/NO FACTUAL or MEDICAL BASIS in regards to HIM SPECIFICALLY.

Carries about as much weight as Sammy Davis Jr. on his deathbed (not much: 65 lbs., FYI)

18 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I have a son with Asperger's. I,  and most people don't find you funny.  Your "kids' don't know any better.  If the parents of those kids saw your post. you wouldn't have a job.  Put that post in your portfolio on your next job interview and see how it goes over. Go drown yourself in a pool of sh*t.  Find that funny?

I love aspergers kids. They facinate me. I treat them like gold....

I will not lose my job over posting an adam lanza pic. Are you serious?

anyways, i get that youre all riled up because its personal but understand were all on our own journeys. I dont judge you brother and you dont judge me. The internet is for chits n giggles its not a real place so relax

We can't judge this hire by the first, second or third impressions. Only after years of embarrassment can we get a good sense for how this hire is going. Strap on the feed bag.

+10000000
It's all in good Internet humor, and for the dolts that are SERIOUS in JUDGING him and projecting THEIR declarations as absolute based on a 10 minute presser is absurd. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

:lol: I Do disagree.

You have insights and experience in DEALING PERSONALLY with ADAM GASE the HC of the NYJ? Because if you do, then that's ALL that is relevant. If not, then you "insight & experience" are MERE SPECULATION AND CONJECTURE w/NO FACTUAL or MEDICAL BASIS ni regards to HIM SPECIFICALLY.

Carries about as much weight as Sammy Davis Jr. on his deathbed (not much: 65 lbs., FYI)

Dude, its kinda like an auto mechanic with a lot of experience turning wrenches. You post a video of your engine idling making a funny noise and that mechanic can say “ check this and this....ive seen and heard that a lot of times....”

why are you sooooooooo against this logic?

btw, just because hes in the spectrum doesnt mean he cant be a great husband, america, coach and dad. It means nothing

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I dont care if you get banned or not, as i dont believe in banning.

However, what exactly is your experience with mental disabilities and austism?

Well, Ive been at it for almost 20 years. Can I say that hes autistic? No. Can I say based on my experience i believe he is in the “spectrum”? Absolutely.

lots of people, even successful ones, are in the spectrum. Its not a BAD thing. In fact, I know 2 teachers, one a special ed teacher, that everyone knows is in the spectrum at school.

The 2 red flags? 

1. Inability or difficulty to maintain relationships or proper social interactions with people

2. The “stare”

So you dont have to believe it, but you shouldnt hurl insults and profanities over it babycakes

I'm not declaring myself an expert as some here  are doing, but I think it's also forcing a narrative - as well as insulting - to label that a person, whom NONE of you have ever met, has a social/mental deficiency based on a 10 minute observation. That is ABSURD. 

It shouldn't surprise me, this IS a society where allegations and opinion somehow are interpreted as facts before ANY evidence or proof of argument is presented. 

Go jump in your trailer and reflect how YOU fudged up with a stupid post. 

4 hours ago, Victor Green 21 said:

I don’t post on message boards very often .. I live In Newtown and my kids went to Sandy Hook elementary . For you to put up a picture of that scumbag is so inappropriate and thoughtless . Please take a second to think next time 

thank you 

Kudos for your restraint. I live in Bethel. 

After a few go arounds on the internet with hateful ignorant bastards I had to just ignore them. 

Having a picture pop up unexpectedly is so not right. 

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude, its kinda like an auto mechanic with a lot of experience turning wrenches. You post a video of your engine idling making a funny noise and that mechanic can say “ check this and this....ive seen and heard that a lot of times....”

why are you sooooooooo against this logic?

btw, just because hes in the spectrum doesnt mean he cant be a great husband, america, coach and dad. It means nothing

So people are INANIMATE OBJECTS, and NOT SUBJECTIVE, like CARS?!?!?!

JESSE FRIGGIN CRUX!

Yeah, YOU ARE DEFINITELY in the correct profession. GAWD HELP THOSE UNFORTUNATE CHILDREN!

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm not declaring myself an expert as some here  are doing, but I think it's also forcing a narrative - as well as insulting - to label that a person, whom NONE of you have ever met, has a social/mental deficiency based on a 10 minute observation. That is ABSURD. 

It shouldn't surprise me, this IS a society where allegations and opinion somehow are interpreted as facts before ANY evidence or proof of argument is presented. 

Go jump in your trailer and reflect how YOU fudged up with a stupid post. 

My beautiful 2013 Rv trailer? I cant right now ....its stored at one of my 2 rental properties about 20 minutes away. But lets not force the narrative

lol MY stupid post. OK.

p.s. It doest have slide outs, but this weekend is the RV show and you never know :)

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Kudos for your restraint. I live in Bethel. 

After a few go arounds on the internet with hateful ignorant bastards I had to just ignore them. 

Having a picture pop up unexpectedly is so not right. 

I also appreciate your restraint.

I have admitted that it may have been in poor taste and I have apologized a few posts ago

The whole presser was strange to say the least. But, the real test comes in September. Wins will define this coach. However, I can see him exploding at post game pressers on the media. I could care less about that, but those media guys will make it their point to push him as hard as they can. It can ugly in that media room if he gets off to a rough start.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I finally just got to watch the presser in full, and I can't believe as such a heavy critic of the hire, I'm going to be the one saying this, but holy crap are things said around here ridiculously overstated.

Yeah, I definitely caught the whole eye movement thing, I mean you couldn't miss it, but beyond that the press conference was pretty standard fare, the kind of stuff you get from the majority of these kind of things.  Sure it doesn't quite get the entertainment value of Rex's "kiss the rings" shenanigans, but all of Gase's answers were pretty straight up and quite frankly about all you could hope for a guy 15 minutes into the job.  I don't even like the move, but what the hell do you really expect out of him today?

Chris Johnson on the other hand, did a way worse job doing his own part.  I was actually glad Maccagnan didn't speak, as it's quite likely there's nothing he could say that wouldn't piss me off at this point.

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

So people are INANIMATE OBJECTS, and NOT SUBJECTIVE, like CARS?!?!?!

JESSE FRIGGIN CRUX!

Yeah, YOU ARE DEFINITELY in the correct profession. GAWD HELP THOSE UNFORTUNATE CHILDREN!

K, this is going nowhere fast.

im done

lets go gase and the jets!

Archived