Press Conference

section314

24 minutes ago, section314 said:

Agreed.  I especially liked his answer when she asked him what he learned from his time with the Dolphins and how it would help him here . He smiled, took a second and said he learned a lot of things. Showing some humble pie, which is good.

none of which he articulated 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks more natural with his family.

Good looking family.... I hope we Jets fans remember his kids will be going to school with some of our kids.

Hope he wins so the kids don't have to go through that torment!! On 2nd thought, I recommend they home school! :roll:

Image result for adam gase wife

We all did a circle jerk reach around when Bowles and Mac were hired....  so while I enjoy this thread, it truly means nothing.

I am discouraged knowing that 2 of the 3 buffoons are still with us.

Mac and Chris.

I have NO FAITH in MAC any longer.  The HACK pick says it all followed by trying to pay cousins $100 mil and paying Fitz 10 mil.

14 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I work with autistic kids all day. Hes "on the spectrum" for sure as they say in the business. Doesnt mean hes dumb, just means he is socially awkward. He could be brilliant

He probably is an obsessive, hard working and brilliant minded individual. He needs a buffer between he and his players so he doesn’t lose them or to help him convey his message. I can see how there can be a disconnect their despite his abilities.

Hopefully his staff can convey his message well. Winning is the only thing that willl get players to “buy in”. 

8 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Highpitch there are a lot of Jets fans in CT. 

Did you consider that some may post here and that today you have dredged up personal horror for them?

I don’t post on message boards very often .. I live In Newtown and my kids went to Sandy Hook elementary . For you to put up a picture of that scumbag is so inappropriate and thoughtless . Please take a second to think next time 

thank you 

God, some of these comments are so shallow.  The press conference itself was very amateur...,you could have propped up a bunch of dry sticks with painted faces and been just as professional.

The Jets PR machine failed the new HC, could have done more to present him to the NY media where he could feel more comfortable.

Different guy one on one.  Who cares how he came off in that debacle, they all looked bad.  His said some promising things in the interviews after the OC.

Who knows how many cups of coffee this guy had before the presser maybe trying to keep up with Macc he has a lot on his mind besides football he has to move his family up here buy a house look at schools etc......

I say give Adam Gase a break and lets all hope and pray for the best. 

We deserve it. 

Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Kyler Murray has declared for the NFL Draft.  Doesn't hurt our drafting position, {Trading Down} could be good news for us.

Wow! Oakland A's met with him to upgrade that $6 mil. deal they gave him last year. Were going to agree to bring him to the Big Show by 2021.

If the kid doesn't get drafted until Rd. 2..... it probably won't pay. AND he has to give back the $6 mil IIRC

Boras is his agent in MLB..... wonder if he is also for NFL. Might be looking to get into the game.

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

People "on the spectrum" as it were are often brilliant.  Especially the Asperger's folks.  Seems to go along with it that they can be brilliant (or just obsessive) about some thing, but a deeply incapable of social interaction in normal ways.

And Gase is CLEARLY incapable of social interaction in normal ways.  So who knows.

This is true but as to the bolded He’s been coaching in the nfl for 22 years including the last decade as either an OC or Head Coach. It hasn’t held him back or been a problem for his employers up until now. I think he was just a bit nervous, it can happen 

6 minutes ago, Victor Green 21 said:

I don’t post on message boards very often .. I live In Newtown and my kids went to Sandy Hook elementary . For you to put up a picture of that scumbag is so inappropriate and thoughtless . Please take a second to think next time 

thank you 

Adam Lanza died a day before that incident it couldn’t have been him

28 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I really liked the coach to win the game comment.  He does not sound as rigid as people have painted him.  His re design for Tebow is another example.  He can play it a lot of ways.  Bowles could not even play it one way with any success.

Hmmm ... can't quite place it, but that sounds vaguely familiar. :D 

6 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

God, some of these comments are so shallow.  The press conference itself was very amateur...,you could have propped up a bunch of dry sticks with painted faces and been just as professional.

The Jets PR machine failed the new HC, could have done more to present him to the NY media where he could feel more comfortable.

Different guy one on one.  Who cares how he came off in that debacle, they all looked bad.  His said some promising things in the interviews after the OC.

Maybe @Maxman can edit some of these before our  new head coach sees the under-belli of our "Fandom"

So let's assume for a moment he is on the spectrum to some degree. This can bring a lot of positive traits.

• Crazy attention to detail, with a level of knowledge about a subject that goes beyond the norm
  • Serious determination to achieve what they set their minds to
  • Tell it like it is - won't sugar-coat things to avoid hurting people's feelings

Sure, these are generalities and don't apply to everyone, but they can be good qualities for a coach to have. And for him to have got to where he is today he must have developed good strategies for dealing with the whole social interaction side of things.

The biggest takeaway for me is that he is going to be methodical. When asked about how to beat the patriots he responded, “It starts with getting the right coaching staff. That’s my number 1 priority right now. We are not going to skip steps”. That’s a hell of a response.

Another interesting note was that Miami was indeed looking at QBs last year. They had the chance to draft Rosen and Lamar. Passed on both. It’s interesting how many people don’t believe in Rosen.

Just now, GreenFish said:

The biggest takeaway for me is that he is going to be methodical. When asked about how to beat the patriots he responded, “It starts with getting the right coaching staff. That’s my number 1 priority right now. We are not going to skip steps”. That’s a hell of a response.

Another interesting note was that Miami was indeed looking at QBs last year. They had the chance to draft Rosen and Lamar. Passed on both. It’s interesting how many people don’t believe in Rosen.

i've been saying rosen is a low end starter or career backup.  

it's nice to think we'll have a better defensive plan than those kacy put together.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok, so lets just make believe this press conference never happened, and go from there. Just promise me that none of you guys with young kids let them watch Gase's post game pressers on SNY

EDIT As I read on in this thread, I see comments by some here who have children, or work with people who are autistic, and talk about Aspergers. I am incredibly ignorant on this subject, and just want to say I hope I haven't offended anyone with this, and any other flippant remarks I've made in this thread. Nobody reacted to them negatively, or has remarked badly about them, yet I feel uncomfortable with myself for posting them. Thanks.

I just wanted to quote this, so anyone who read the original post, or some of the others I left earlier in this thread see this edited version now. 

Archived