Robby Anderson

Hymen Roth

With all due respect to Robby Anderson, if will not sign for the veteran minimum plus incentives not sure it would be a terrible idea for both Anderson and the Jets to move on from each other.

Not to demean his skills (I clearly couldn't be on the field on any level), but during his tenure as a Jet I think he has been fairly fortunate that for whatever reason the Jets have lacked any appreciable talent to challenge for the #1 wide receiver position.

From what I have read that the draft is not stocked with # 1 wide receiver talent this year, and the free agent pool for wide receivers is also lack luster.

That shouldn't mean the Jets should come over the top on a contract just because their is no other options available at this time. I am of the opinion you could get a receiver with a very similar skill set and not over pay for it temporarily, and when the situation arises get a true #1 wide receiver.  

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well 1. He's a restricted free agent, so they're going to tender him at least with a 2nd rounder in the hopes that another team will bite on him, or we keep him at a reasonable salary for the year. 

2. Robby is probably our best offensive playmaker. You think he'd sign for the veteran minimum? Are you high? 

3. Are you high? 

16 minutes ago, Hymen Roth said:

With all due respect to Robby Anderson, if will not sign for the veteran minimum plus incentives not sure it would be a terrible idea for both Anderson and the Jets to move on from each other.

Robby's agent said to himself......"THIS IS THE BUSINESS, WE'VE CHOSEN.  I didn't ask who gave the order for a 3rd round tender!  Because it had nothing to do with business."

Robby's agent is gonna take a nap.  when he wakes, If the $2 million isn't on the table, he'll know he has a partner.  If not, he'll know he doesn't. 

12 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Geez, Robbie was among the Top 5 best QBs in the NFL the last 4 weeks after Darnold returned but lets get rid of him. WTF is with the Robbie hate? I do not get it 

Weak Hands and getting beat on contested balls. Too skinny.

He shouldn't be making top 5 WR cash but a player in his mid 20's that has the ability to blow a defense's top like Robby A is never gonna sign for vet minimum. 

Anyway it's a moot point. Give him a second round tender, then see if anybody bites. If they do mull the 2nd round pick or the Anderson on the contract. Otherwise? Let's just see if he can keep his nose clean for an offseason and work from there.

4 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Well 1. He's a restricted free agent, so they're going to tender him at least with a 2nd rounder in the hopes that another team will bite on him, or we keep him at a reasonable salary for the year. 

2. Robby is probably our best offensive playmaker. You think he'd sign for the veteran minimum? Are you high? 

3. Are you high? 

eyes.jpg.6116065c11778c71b5319c28ff9f2300.jpg

17 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Trying to breath some life into a bad thread haha I would much rather us slap him with the 1st round tender and pay him $1M more. There would be nothing worse IMO than losing Robby for a late 2nd round pick and Darnold loses a receiver he was finally starting to show chemistry with.

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Trying to breath some life into a bad thread haha I would much rather us slap him with the 1st round tender and pay him $1M more. There would be nothing worse IMO than losing Robby for a late 2nd round pick and Darnold loses a receiver he was finally starting to show chemistry with.

Yeah I think Robby may be the rare guy who's worth the 1st round tender. Keeps him happy and gives us time to work on an extension. If someone signs him to an offer sheet, by all means give us that 1st rounder...

19 hours ago, varjet said:

When you miss on drafting WRs so many times, you really don’t have a choice but to render him at 2 or 1.  

Yes I wonder what future hall of famer Macagnan has tabbed to replace Robby in the starting lineup after he trades him for a 4th round pick.  Is it Devin "I'd be all pro if it wasn't for my knee" Smith?  Is it Chad "the Next Chrebet" Hansen?  Or is it Ardarius "I was drafted over Kenny Golladay" Stewart?

24 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Yeah I think Robby may be the rare guy who's worth the 1st round tender. Keeps him happy and gives us time to work on an extension. If someone signs him to an offer sheet, by all means give us that 1st rounder...

Not even based on skill, just for the fact that the price difference in the 2 tags is $3M compared to $4.2M. For the $1.2M expense I'd rather make sure no one could sign him away. I don't believe anyone will give up a #1 for him but I sure as hell believe someone would sign him for a 2nd and I'm not sure that is worth it to lose him even if we let him walk after next year.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Not even based on skill, just for the fact that the price difference in the 2 tags is $3M compared to $4.2M. For the $1.2M expense I'd rather make sure no one could sign him away. I don't believe anyone will give up a #1 for him but I sure as hell believe someone would sign him for a 2nd and I'm not sure that is worth it to lose him even if we let him walk after next year.

It's not like we have $120 million in cap room just give the guy an extra mil who cares

Yes I wonder what future hall of famer Macagnan has tabbed to replace Robby in the starting lineup after he trades him for a 4th round pick.  Is it Devin "I'd be all pro if it wasn't for my knee" Smith?  Is it Chad "the Next Chrebet" Hansen?  Or is it Ardarius "I was drafted over Kenny Golladay" Stewart?

A lot of guys were drafted ahead of Golladay. I don't give a rats ass if we re-sign Andersen or not. He didn't start really running routes until the last few games of the season ... Definition of deep threat not much else. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

A lot of guys were drafted ahead of Golladay. I don't give a rats ass if we re-sign Andersen or not. He didn't start really running routes until the last few games of the season ... Definition of deep threat not much else. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Robby has just started developing chemistry with Sam and is probably his best WR.  it's a crappy FA market for WRs.  Just keep him

Archived