Robby Anderson

Hymen Roth

On 1/14/2019 at 3:26 PM, ElBarrioJets said:

Well 1. He's a restricted free agent, so they're going to tender him at least with a 2nd rounder in the hopes that another team will bite on him, or we keep him at a reasonable salary for the year. 

2. Robby is probably our best offensive playmaker. You think he'd sign for the veteran minimum? Are you high? 

3. Are you high? 

If he’s not high he needs to get high.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/14/2019 at 3:31 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Robby's agent said to himself......"THIS IS THE BUSINESS, WE'VE CHOSEN.  I didn't ask who gave the order for a 3rd round tender!  Because it had nothing to do with business."

Robby's agent is gonna take a nap.  when he wakes, If the $2 million isn't on the table, he'll know he has a partner.  If not, he'll know he doesn't. 

I want an agent who speaks english, I dont trust an agent that doesn't speak english.

Actually if you watch some interviews of him he does seem to be reformed and wants to better himself.
Every player with off field issues seem to want to better themselves. I like Robby and I think he is talented all I am saying is that putting a second round tender on him is in my opinion the right move.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Every player with off field issues seem to want to better themselves. I like Robby and I think he is talented all I am saying is that putting a second round tender on him is in my opinion the right move.

I think he is more valuable than a 2nd rounder. By a lot. In relation to RFA. I would give him a first round tender if we do not sign long term

14 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

And we may. I think he is a good player but far from elite and that he can be important to darnolds development assuming he can stay out of trouble.

I dont think he is elite, but he is not far from elite in my view and can really blossom with a new offense and Sam's development

I dont think he is elite, but he is not far from elite in my view and can really blossom with a new offense and Sam's development
I don't view him as close to elite he is fast and has an alright set of hands. His routes are meh and he is not winning many 50 50 balls because he lacks size and strength.

47 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

As much as it pains me to say this, I'm  afraid if they put a second round tender on Anderson, they'll likely lose him.  Better spend the 1.2 million and assure ourselves that we don't wind up getting burned.  A second round wide receiver does not guarantee the production expected from Anderson for  next year and beyond, and likely would be worse.

As much as it pains me to say this, I'm  afraid if they put a second round tender on Anderson, they'll likely lose him.  Better spend the 1.2 million and assure ourselves that we don't wind up getting burned.  A second round wide receiver does not guarantee the production expected from Anderson for  next year and beyond, and likely would be worse.
If he has another off field issue and gets suspended than a second round receiver equal to Devin Smith could end up more production everything is a gamble with Anderson.

6 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

If he has another off field issue and gets suspended than a second round receiver equal to Devin Smith could end up more production everything is a gamble with Anderson.

Devin Smith is a bum.  Robbie Anderson in a Prison Jumpsuit  is worth more than Devin Smith in a Football Uniform.  Doubt it will happen again, he seems to have learned his lesson, but:  If he gets suspended, they may be able to cut him without a big cap hit.  I'm not sure.  Contract language could assure that.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, choon328 said:

One sentence into your post and tenure at Jets Nation you proved you have no clue what you're talking about. And you probably still don't realize why I am saying this. Welcome!

Regardless, one of the best handles I have seen here, although my family does not mange with him

Devin Smith is a bum.  Robbie Anderson in a Prison Jumpsuit  is worth more than Devin Smith in a Football Uniform.  Doubt it will happen again, he seems to have learned his lesson, but:  If he gets suspended, they may be able to cut him without a big cap hit.  I'm not sure.  Contract language could assure that.
Josh Gordon seemed to have learned his lesson many times too. (i know their off field issues are not the same) it is not like he is going to come in for his press conference after and say I can't wait to get arrested again next year. Hopefully he does stay out of trouble this year and hopefully he can play at a high level for us for a long time. I don't believe he is worth taking a long term risk on right now. Aside from his off field issues he has also never started an entire season for us yet.

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Josh Gordon seemed to have learned his lesson many times too. (i know their off field issues are not the same) it is not like he is going to come in for his press conference after and say I can't wait to get arrested again next year. Hopefully he does stay out of trouble this year and hopefully he can play at a high level for us for a long time. I don't believe he is worth taking a long term risk on right now. Aside from his off field issues he has also never started an entire season for us yet.

I'm not his biggest fan either, but sometimes it's "the right man. in the right place. at the right time".  He's no rocket scientist but he's also no Josh Gordon, not by a long shot.

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Yes I wonder what future hall of famer Macagnan has tabbed to replace Robby in the starting lineup after he trades him for a 4th round pick.  Is it Devin "I'd be all pro if it wasn't for my knee" Smith?  Is it Chad "the Next Chrebet" Hansen?  Or is it Ardarius "I was drafted over Kenny Golladay" Stewart?

Exactly.  After so many drafted washouts at WR, Robbie falls into our lap for nothing, gives us solid production, and these guys can't wait to unload him as soon as they can.

19 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I don't view him as close to elite he is fast and has an alright set of hands. His routes are meh and he is not winning many 50 50 balls because he lacks size and strength.

The idea is to pair him with a big, physical receiver kinda like the knucklehead we had who got himself cut from the team (you know who I mean).   Very few UDFA become elite so please stop already.  Anderson is a very good receiver, with excellent deep speed, good hands and developing chemistry with our franchise qb.  How is that a bad thing?    Match him up with a Demayrious Thomas type and he will create mismatches all over the place.   Perhaps Devante Parker, if can stay healthy, would be a nice compliment.  I also like Deontay Burnett in the slot.   If Enunwa comes back healthy and we can pick up Parker, I think our receivers will just fine.  It is the OL that really needs to be the focus.  

The idea is to pair him with a big, physical receiver kinda like the knucklehead we had who got himself cut from the team (you know who I mean).   Very few UDFA become elite so please stop already.  Anderson is a very good receiver, with excellent deep speed, good hands and developing chemistry with our franchise qb.  How is that a bad thing?    Match him up with a Demayrious Thomas type and he will create mismatches all over the place.   Perhaps Devante Parker, if can stay healthy, would be a nice compliment.  I also like Deontay Burnett in the slot.   If Enunwa comes back healthy and we can pick up Parker, I think our receivers will just fine.  It is the OL that really needs to be the focus.  

I don't think Anderson is bad that was never my point. I just feel people are over rateing the kid and that we should not make a long term commitment to him this year. He has been a solid receiver but i view him as a speed guy and not a complete receiver which is okay not every player has to be complete or drafted to be valuable or contribute. If darnold is who we want him to be then he will develop chemistry with everyone on the team, he will make the receivers look good and not the other way around.

I dont consider Robby a very good #1. Granted he sometimes looks good but I think its because the rest of the receiving core is so meh. Sam needs a lot more than this one trick pony. We should be praying Q can stay healthy and Herndon doesnt get more than a few games susp and then takes the next step in developing.

On 1/14/2019 at 3:15 PM, Hymen Roth said:

With all due respect to Robby Anderson, if will not sign for the veteran minimum plus incentives not sure it would be a terrible idea for both Anderson and the Jets to move on from each other.

Not to demean his skills (I clearly couldn't be on the field on any level), but during his tenure as a Jet I think he has been fairly fortunate that for whatever reason the Jets have lacked any appreciable talent to challenge for the #1 wide receiver position.

From what I have read that the draft is not stocked with # 1 wide receiver talent this year, and the free agent pool for wide receivers is also lack luster.

That shouldn't mean the Jets should come over the top on a contract just because their is no other options available at this time. I am of the opinion you could get a receiver with a very similar skill set and not over pay for it temporarily, and when the situation arises get a true #1 wide receiver.  

On 1/14/2019 at 3:18 PM, choon328 said:

One sentence into your post and tenure at Jets Nation you proved you have no clue what you're talking about. And you probably still don't realize why I am saying this. Welcome!

Welcome! We are not all so ruthless here. Then again. 

D7C0A8A7-81EB-4C2A-9C36-56AAF6936BD4.jpeg

Grades don't tell everything about a player, but they do provide some context for this discussion.  Here are PFF's grades and ranking for the Jets' WRs and TEs.

Anderson - 68.3 (above average)  #56

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/robby-anderson/11254

Enunwa - 68.0 (above average)  #60

Kearse - (62.7) (average)  #85

Herndon - 74.1 (good)  #11

Leggett - 65.8 (above average)  #32

Tomlinson - 48.8 (below average)  #69

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

excellent deep speed, good hands and developing chemistry with our franchise qb.  How is that a bad thing?   ...  Perhaps Devante Parker, if can stay healthy, would be a nice compliment.  I also like Deontay Burnett in the slot.   If Enunwa comes back healthy and we can pick up Parker, I think our receivers will just fine.  It is the OL that really needs to be the focus.  

boom

Robby's agent said to himself......"THIS IS THE BUSINESS, WE'VE CHOSEN.  I didn't ask who gave the order for a 3rd round tender!  Because it had nothing to do with business."

Robby's agent is gonna take a nap.  when he wakes, If the $2 million isn't on the table, he'll know he has a partner.  If not, he'll know he doesn't. 

As long as everyone sees the cake before they cut it.

Now, enjoy your cake. 

On 1/15/2019 at 11:27 PM, kelticwizard said:

Exactly.  After so many drafted washouts at WR, Robbie falls into our lap for nothing, gives us solid production, and these guys can't wait to unload him as soon as they can.

He wasn’t nice to a cop!  WAH!

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Jets would be crazy to get rid of Anderson now.  I don't know, but I still see tremendous upside that is worth having him.  Me like Robbie on this roster very much.

What are we replacing Robby with?  Mac has laid more eggs trying to draft receivers than a goose

Macc just wants to wait. 

Archived