Robby Anderson

Hymen Roth

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/16/2019 at 4:59 PM, bealeb319 said:

I don't think Anderson is bad that was never my point. I just feel people are over rateing the kid and that we should not make a long term commitment to him this year. He has been a solid receiver but i view him as a speed guy and not a complete receiver which is okay not every player has to be complete or drafted to be valuable or contribute. If darnold is who we want him to be then he will develop chemistry with everyone on the team, he will make the receivers look good and not the other way around.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

So if it is so easy, who do you replace him with at the same or similar money with a skill set as good or better?  And remember you can't teach speed.  Mac got lucky to find this kid; his track record with receivers sucks.

So if it is so easy, who do you replace him with at the same or similar money with a skill set as good or better?  And remember you can't teach speed.  Mac got lucky to find this kid; his track record with receivers sucks.
No doubt that you can't teach speed. And again Robby is a decent talent. My point is not that I want to replace him or get rid of him I just do not want to tie myself down to a guy who in 2 off-season has had two issues off the field. If he would sign a 1 year deal with an out as a prove it I am all in on that then if he stays clean give him a longer deal next season. If he gets suspended for half the season you could insert just about any free agent wr name into the discussion though and they will be as or more productive.

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

No doubt that you can't teach speed. And again Robby is a decent talent. My point is not that I want to replace him or get rid of him I just do not want to tie myself down to a guy who in 2 off-season has had two issues off the field. If he would sign a 1 year deal with an out as a prove it I am all in on that then if he stays clean give him a longer deal next season. If he gets suspended for half the season you could insert just about any free agent wr name into the discussion though and they will be as or more productive.

The problem with that is that you lose any leverage.  If you do not extend him now, he will be an UFA in 2019 and can go to the highest bidder.  His "issues" have amounted to nothing more than a couple of blurbs in the paper.  Meanwhile, the team just extended Enunwa who was drafted in 2014, been suspended for DV, and played in considerably less games than Anderson because of injury. 

On 1/18/2019 at 3:53 PM, slimjasi said:

We aren’t getting rid of Darnold’s best WR going into his second season, but it sure would be nice to draft a WR with a high draft pick for once. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25831821/cole-beasley-says-dallas-cowboys-front-office-pushes-want-get-ball-to

Would love to get this guy...  nifty inb the slot, reliable- Edelman /Welker type...

If you ask me, the chance of us letting Anderson walk are slim to none.  I used to feel that he was a one trick pony.  He now has been running a full route tree and quite honestly I think you need to make this decision more about Sam than Robby.  They have built quite a bit of chemistry and the brass may not want to take that away from Sam.

Anderson, IMO, is our number 1 building block on offense (other than Darnold of course).  

How many years have we seen defenses stack 11 guys in the box against us?  His speed + ability to track the deep ball makes him one of the best deep threats in football already.  Ideally, on a contending team he's a high-end #2 who demands constant safety attention because of his home-run ability.  So if you pair that with a true #1 (let's say D.K. Metcalf, for arguments sake), Enunwa, Herndon, perhaps L. Bell, you begin to see the makings of an offense that has weapons on all levels. 

On 1/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, slimjasi said:

We still haven’t drafted an offensive skill

positional player in the first round since Santana Moss in 2001!!!!!!

Think about that. Talk about a franchise not having a clue what the league is all about . . . 

Yet every article and many many people here think we should take defense again. And the "value" argument is trite and frankly bogus, and actually not believed in by many many GMs.

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Yet every article and many many people here think we should take defense again. And the "value" argument is trite and frankly bogus, and actually not believed in by many many GMs.

Unfortunately, ours may be one of the GMs who does, lol 

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The problem with that is that you lose any leverage.  If you do not extend him now, he will be an UFA in 2019 and can go to the highest bidder.  His "issues" have amounted to nothing more than a couple of blurbs in the paper.  Meanwhile, the team just extended Enunwa who was drafted in 2014, been suspended for DV, and played in considerably less games than Anderson because of injury. 

I believe he has grown up a but but if he does screw up again we can cut him and he done with it.  On the flip side we have a young talented receiver who's still improving and who has developing chemistry with our franchise qb.  Unless he asks for some ridiculous contract, resigning him should be a no brainer.

Archived