Well this is positive. NBC Mock has Haskins going #2

More Cowbell

6 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

The best part of that mock is that they are having the Pats don't make it past KC next week.

Oh god, I hope they are right.  I heard that if the pats win, the price of super bowl tickets will go down because people are sick of watching them.

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

If we’re bringing in Williams and running primarily a 4-3, then I don’t really want Josh Allen.

He’s a 3-4 OLB, through and through.

he could play 4-3 too most likely. a khalil mack type edge rusher that you can line up anywhere in the front 7, potential DPOY upside

19 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t think he has the strength to hold up as a 4-3 end.

Clelin Ferrell might be the best fit but I think his upside is limited. 

I know plenty of people will bitch about drafting an interior DL, but I’d take either Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver if we’re running a 4 man front. Both of those guys have higher ceilings than any of the passrushers not named Bosa IMO.

Do you remember Chris Dolman? He's probably smaller than Allen and was a terror rushing the passer. Im pretty sure je was a 4-3 DE. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Do you remember Chris Dolman? He's probably smaller than Allen and was a terror rushing the passer. Im pretty sure je was a 4-3 DE. 

Chris Doleman was about 30 pounds heavier than Josh Allen is.

Allen is more Von Miller size. IMO, if he he grades out well at the combine you take him anyway. But he's definitely more of a two point stace kind of guy.

The mock doesn't make sense for one reason.  If you're going to mock a trade up for a QB, you should be mocking it to #1 or #3, not #2.

Top three teams are not taking a QB so the first team to trade up will look to get to the very top (to get ahead of everyone else) or to the spot right before where they think the 1st QB will go.

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Doleman was definitely bigger than Allen and also played in the late 80’s/90’s when most OT’s still weighed 280-290.

Not saying that Allen can’t play DE, but you aren’t going to be maximizing his potential there. Similar to how we’ve been playing a guy like Leo as a 5-Tech 3-4 DE when he made his name as a dominant strong side 4-3 end at USC.

56 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Chris Doleman was about 30 pounds heavier than Josh Allen is.

Allen is more Von Miller size. IMO, if he he grades out well at the combine you take him anyway. But he's definitely more of a two point stace kind of guy.

Allen is a prototypical 3-4 OLB

It would be a mistake to try to John Abraham him into a 4-3

43 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Comical mock draft.  Gettleman will look foolish justifying why he drafted Murray at 6, while passing on Darnold last year.   

He's with the Giants.  The media won't question anything he does and will support him

47 minutes ago, billneftleberg said:

Allen is the closest thing to Lawrence Taylor I've seen in 50 years following the Jets. He can even move around like LT did and they said he was undersized too

Allen is a no-brainer for the Jets.  If we draft a Right Tackle or a DT over him I'm gonna freak

19 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

We should be able to do that by moving back to #7 or so. #15 should net a lot more than a 1 and 2.

That's what I'm thinking. Look what we gave up just to move up 3 slots. I want us to trade down, just not too much. 7.8th would ge about right, no lower.

21 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I’d assume Williams is more then gone, if he wasn’t he would have signed already, nobody interested in him for HC job, and he wants to interview with the Redskins so I’d say for some reason Williams doesn’t want to come here it seems, but will if it’s last resort hope I’m wrong, and he is signing as I type.

If he is holding the Jets at arm's length for another DC job, I withdraw the offer. He will be gone in a year anyway.

Why would Jax trade with SF.... there's no threat of us taking Haskins.... 

I don't buy any of this sh*t. With two QB classes in 2020 and 2021 that look to hold crown jewels, any team needing a long term solution at QB is going to keep their options open. Trading away your 1st in 2020 or 2021... forget it. 

Anyway, if we're playing some base 40, 3 technique type stuff, forget Allen. Give me Ed Oliver. 

Archived