Adam Gase’s ‘intense’ eyes steal Jets press conference

MasterChiefJets

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Anyone else feel a little bad for the guy?? his first press conference and the entire internet roasts him. 

That was enough for me to get behind him. Let’s go Coach Gase.? redeem yourself with wins.??

Yep. He seemed extremely uncomfortable. I didn't see any arrogance, just a guy who wanted to be anywhere but there.

Hope he starts off well, because the jackals are ready to pounce.

2 minutes ago, vtbx said:

What I don't get is three years in Miami and not a word about his eyes. Day one in NY and it's out of control.

There are no actual Dolphins fans in Miami and not one of them could tell you with any certainty whether or not Adam Gase was a portly Asian man.

I haven’t seen the PC but I actually am somewhat concerned about this.  Gase looks like an absolute psychopath.  And supposedly he ran himself out of Miami for mouthing off to the owner.  I’m keeping an open mind about everything though until I see/hear his PC/interviews.

6 hours ago, Lith said:

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but its pretty funny.

the comments are pretty good too

1. New conversation

7 hours ago, SMC said:

Gase was even asked about his crazy eyes by Michael Kay

Adam Gase responds to those eye memes with confusion

Adam Gase’s first act as coach of the New York Jets: get memed.

Gase’s introductory press conference quickly went viral due to his intense eyes, though don’t expect him to dwell on it.

In fact, he said he wasn’t even aware of it until his appearance on ESPN Radio’s “The Michael Kay Show” on Monday.

“I don’t even know what that is,” Gase said on the subject of being an internet meme. “I don’t have Twitter, I don’t have Instagram, I don’t look at the internet, I don’t really watch TV, I watch movies. That’s it. The only time I get to know anything is when somebody tells me.”

He was then asked about his favorite movie (it’s “Field of Dreams”) and weighed in on a topic that he most definitely did not know has been a subject of long-running web conversation for years: “Is Die Hard” a Christmas movie?

“No.”

https://nypost.com/2019/01/14/adam-gase-responds-to-those-eye-memes-with-confusion/

What the God damn hell, DIEHARD is a Christmas movie, its THE CHRISTMAS MOVIE!!

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Anyone else feel a little bad for the guy?? his first press conference and the entire internet roasts him. 

That was enough for me to get behind him. Let’s go Coach Gase.? redeem yourself with wins.??

Yeah, I do feel bad for the guyv- that was rough.  I feel bad for CJ too.

This is all over the news this morning too - this will follow up for some time.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Damn, he looks like he dropped the entire acid tab on his tongue instead of microdosing. 

In all seriousness, he had to be on something.  He doesn't look like that in other press conferences or interviews.

I have no idea what but had to be something.  That isn't just being nervous or intense.

9 hours ago, Mike135 said:

The comments and memes have been fun, but it wasn't that bad.

Watching it now...

He seems excited for sure, definitely some nervous energy...  but seems like a cool guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Am I the only person that finds it weird that someone who played for the Jets for some 3 years ends up as a media person? Erik Coleman? Really? Just get the guy that held the water bottle for Sanchez during the AFCC

Edit: just watched the video. You're right it's not THAT bad... but still kind of creepy. Especially since he doesnt seem to look that way in Miami.

Im starting to feel that it's at least plausible that he pissed off a voodoo woman in Miami and is now possessed by a demon that made him shoot his way out of the phins job so that he could come to NY and ruin Sam Darnold. In 2-3 years, just remember you heard it here first. 

Forget about his eyes he was moving his head around in some funky ways too did we just hire the Johnny manziel of coaches? Something is wrong with this guy. If he looked like that during his interview the nfl should shut down our entire organization until they can find a way to force us into decision making which would resemble a team making an attempt to win football games.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

In all seriousness, he had to be on something.  He doesn't look like that in other press conferences or interviews.

I have no idea what but had to be something.  That isn't just being nervous or intense.

Ok, time to chill. You don’t like the hire. 

Lets not assume wild things like he’s a druggie lol.

23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ok, time to chill. You don’t like the hire. 

Lets not assume wild things like he’s a druggie lol.

I'm not saying he's a druggie or anything like that - in fact I feel bad for the guy.  But there is no doubt in my mind that isn't naturally how he looks or acts.

Maybe it was too much coffee, maybe it was something else but it wasn't just nerves.

Honestly, nothing to do with me liking or not liking the hire.

this is hard to watch - CJ is still a kid - good and bad of being born into all that money - no playoff mandate ever - LOL

Gase appeared very nervous - crazy couple of weeks from getting fired to starting a new job for a rival - probably the first time he has really failed (firing had to be a big wake up) mentioned his family, step one is building the coaching staff - good answer

Sam was the main selling point for all of the coaches (probably the only reason Mac was retained, he is bought in since he picked him)

16 hours ago, Greg555 said:

I’m hoping this works out real well...as all of us do...but I gotta say..I’ve been literally LOL ..watching a replay of the presser..and reading the posts here.

Me too, I've never laughed so hard ... just kinda feel a little guilty we're doing it on somebody's expense. But hope its all in good fun, and we're certainly rooting for the guy.

I echo the sentiment that commenting on physical tics and such is just sad, and to be honest pretty pathetic on the fans part. The fact that a professional reporter commented on the eyes in a full column is ridiculous. the dude obviously has skills or he wouldn't be on his second head coaching gig. I mean for Christ's sake the guy just relocated his entire family to New Jersey and is greeted with this s***.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

I echo the sentiment that commenting on physical tics and such is just sad, and to be honest pretty pathetic on the fans part. The fact that a professional reporter commented on the eyes in a full column is ridiculous. the dude obviously your skills are we wouldn't be on a second head coaching gig. I mean for Christ's sake the guy just relocated his entire family to New Jersey and is greeted with this s***.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is why players and coaches all steer clear of this pos place.

Dunnie is right. People commenting negatively about it says more about them than it does about Gase. I've faced stuff like this my whole life as I'm a Disabled American  and Id be lying if I said it didn't hurt. But I persevered and eventually became a Treasury Agent for 27 years.

I'm sure Gase is a better man for his struggles

Archived