ARE THE JETS GOING TO HIRE GREG WILLIAMS, OR WHAT?

14 in Green

WILL GREG WILLIAMS BE HIRED AS THE JETS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. SO IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN OR NOT?

• YES, EVEN THE JETS WON"T SCREW THIS ONE UP
    • NO, THEY'RE REALLYGOING TO BLOW IT

This "slam dunk" is looking more dicey as time goes on. Today at his presser, Gase said one of the main things he learned from his Miami experience was to "take his time and make sure he got the right people on his staff this time..." He said he wasn't going to rush into the hirings.

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Are  those the only 2 plausible outcomes?

I really want Williams here, and the Jets are the Jets, so in my mind yeah. But my mind rarely works very well, so  you tell me. Can this movie have an alternate ending? :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Has that McCarthy feel about it all over again. Seemed to be coming, clearly #1 pick, then nothing for days.

That's how I'm starting to feel. I wasn't pro McCarthy, but he seemed a sensible hire I would've been okay with. This Williams thing was mentioned in a Rappaport tweet and we ran wild with it. It's dawning on me now that we haven't heard any news since, be it an interview, or any mention of it from Williams or the Jets. If there's one thing I've learned since this HC search began, it's not to take this social media stuff seriously.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Yeah it's got the McCarthy feel all over it.

With Gase's comment about patience, gives me the feeling they are targeting someone who is still in the play offs.  Won't be a current DC

And if it’s a guy like Mike Nolan, that would be just fine with me.

24 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I really want Williams here, and the Jets are the Jets, so in my mind yeah. But my mind rarely works very well, so  you tell me. Can this movie have an alternate ending? :rolleyes:

You said quite a bit in this post man. :P 

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Whats the hold up either he wants the job or not...if not NEXT MAN UP

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Give it until Wednesday or Thursday. If he’s not signed by then, you can expect he won’t be herre.

We don't even know if he's been offered the job. I'm starting to think he hasn't. What do you guys think?

I think that he has a good offer from the jets but his agent wants him to test Washington because they are more likely to be needing a Hc next year and it may be a year early test the waters interview for HC... Just in case but will ultimately sign with the jets

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

We don't even know if he's been offered the job. I'm starting to think he hasn't. What do you guys think?

I honestly think he's been offered the job but he's holding out for a better opportunity or maybe Gase has a handshake deal with a coach still in the playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I think he’s been offered the job. I just don’t think it’s been discussed in person. Gase was just hired and his first week as Head Coach starts as of today. I think later in the week is when we will have an answer to this question. I know Cleveland got their jobs filled quickly but it doesn’t necessarily mean anything bad that we haven’t as of yet.

we’ll know much more by Wed/Thur

11 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Kris Richard? He might be the guy.

I don't see the Jets going with two "young, flavor of the month" guys. They're not that bold, I think they want to follow the McVay/Phillips blue print and go with the older DC. That's why Williams makes sense. Then you've got to wonder if Gase would be comfortable having potential replacements like Williams or Richard on his staff that he has no history with.

29 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

And if it’s a guy like Mike Nolan, that would be just fine with me.

Yep,  Good one.

If things have fallen thru with Williams, that's exactly where they should go.

One of Gase's problems in Miami was his seeming lack of interest in the D.  Not optimum, but could get away with it with a veteran DC.

Nolan fits the bill.  Former HC, DC, and now a LB'er coach.  That'll work 

25 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yep,  Good one.

If things have fallen thru with Williams, that's exactly where they should go.

One of Gase's problems in Miami was his seeming lack of interest in the D.  Not optimum, but could get away with it with a veteran DC.

Nolan fits the bill.  Former HC, DC, and now a LB'er coach.  That'll work 

i'm not so worried either way.  there are lots of dc's out there.  granted williams is the flavor of the month but the jets have had some decent dc's through the years.  wasn't nolan on herm's staff?

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

This "slam dunk" is looking more dicey as time goes on. Today at his presser, Gase said one of the main things he learned from his Miami experience was to "take his time and make sure he got the right people on his staff this time..." He said he wasn't going to rush into the hirings.

I've been getting "antsy" about this since nothing has been officially announced yet. Each day I get worse. My gut tells me that these mOrons are going to blow this. I'll be livid if they do.

Just now, tdoublee said:

I'm glad to hear that he is doing due diligence. Williams has red flags and there may be better options available. This is arguably his most important hire so he can't screw it up.

Just wondering if his insecurities have him worried about having an instant replacement on his staff. Just sayin....

Archived