Anyone catch the Michael Kay show today?

NIGHT STALKER

They had Gase on.  If you did, did you catch that BIG NEGATIVE NUGGET Gase blurted out when asked about possible assistant coaches coming in for interviews?  I'm paraphrasing here, but he basically said was, "trying to convince possible candidates to come here for an interview".  Not good if we have that reputation.  Perhaps that's the reason we haven't signed Williams yet and is rumored to be looking at the Redskins.

I WAS WRONG FELLAS...RELAX!

8 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

They had Gase on.  If you did, did you catch that BIG NEGATIVE NUGGET Gase blurted out when asked about possible assistant coaches coming in for interviews?  I'm paraphrasing here, but he basically said was, "trying to convince possible candidates to come here for an interview".  Not good if we have that reputation.  Perhaps that's the reason we haven't signed Williams yet and is rumored to be looking at the Redskins.

Nonsense. I heard Mike McCarthy was on his hands and knees begging to take this job 

21 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I think you are MIS-Representing what Gase said in the PROPER context.

He spoke about HOW difficult it is to assemble a staff b/c some of the assistants HE is interested in, ARE STILL UNDER CONTRACT until the respective NEW HC for those organizations come in and DECIDE who to keep and let go. 

THAT was the issue he mentioned in the "difficulty" of assembling a staff AT THIS POINT in time, b/c MOST are still under contract from the prior HC regime - kinda like how we STILL HAVE Bates, Dennison, Dorrell, K Greene, & Kacey Rodgers under contract as CURRENT NYJ employees until decided otherwise. 

Give it time. 

14 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

why do people assume that people turn these jobs down left and right? there are what? 60+ of these jobs in the world (NFL OC/DC)?

stop reading into nonsense.

I generally agree with you but the Jets job comes with baggage that some people may not want to deal with. See our fan reaction to the Gase hiring. We are a welcoming crowd. Add the media and some people may not want to deal with this if they have other options.

Darnold helps us attract offensive coaches but we are working with a handicap.

22 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I think you are MIS-Representing what Gase said in the PROPER context.

He spoke about HOW difficult it is to assemble a staff b/c some of the assistants HE is interested in, ARE STILL UNDER CONTRACT until the respective NEW HC for those organizations come in and DECIDE who to keep and let go. 

THAT was the issue he mentioned in the "difficulty" of assembling a staff AT THIS POINT in time, b/c MOST are still under contract from the prior HC regime - kinda like how we STILL HAVE Bates, Dennison, Dorrell, K Greene, & Kacey Rodgers under contract as CURRENT NYJ employees until decided otherwise. 

Give it time. 

Yes, he did say that as well, but he also said what I posted.  Listen, I just want this new HC to get his first choices...not second and third candidates.  Not a good look.

3 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Yes, he did say that as well, but he also said what I posted.  Listen, I just want this new HC to get his first choices...not second and third candidates.  Not a good look.

Kacy Rodgers was Bowles first choice.  Dennis Thurman was Rex's first choice.  How'd that all work out?

Gase-1.jpg

There has been much written about the initial press conference that the Jets held today for Adam Gase. It was definitely an interesting day in Florham Park. This video of Michael Kay interviewing Adam Gase is worth watching, it is more of a conversation. You get a better feel for who Adam Gase is during this interview. You can check it out below.

Visit our forums to read more about the NY Jets press conference with Adam Gase.

The post Gase On The Michael Kay Show appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
cT-yrnv1xrM

Click here to read the full story...

14 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I generally agree with you but the Jets job comes with baggage that some people may not want to deal with. See our fan reaction to the Gase hiring. We are a welcoming crowd. Add the media and some people may not want to deal with this if they have other options.

We're the worst... outside of Philly of course. 

none of this happens in Green Bay or Seattle. They are so nicey nice in those parts. 

17 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Deal with what? There weren’t any hard questions asked. The GM who’s 20 games under .500 didn’t have to say a word.

W

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If I looked at the Gm and the new coach of the team and I had options I'd look at all options before committing to the jets.

Has nothing to do with the GM, you're kidding yourself.  No one,other than Williams, who has a long history and has some demand left in him may be interested in seeing where he can cash the biggest check.  If someone doesn't have an offer somewhere else from a friend, they're signing,  not shopping. 

10 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Kacy Rodgers was Bowles first choice.  Dennis Thurman was Rex's first choice.  How'd that all work out?

Uh . . . . no.

Former Browns' HC, Buff DC, & Current GB DC Mike Pettine was Rex's 1st choice, NOT Thurman; DT was promoted AFTER Pettine left and Rex's vaunted defense plummeted shortly thereafter. 

It's pretty simple.  If this isn't where they want to be, who wants them.  A  rebuild isn't an easy task in the first place, so to have someone who is half invested from the get-go handicaps the process even further.  I don't believe this about Greg Williams.  The type of persona he is known for reputation and on tape does not portend the type of leader who would shy away from a challenge or go for the safe, soft landing spot.  If that is the case, the "bravado and bluster" is just a side show and why should we be interested?  If he wants us and if we want him it'll happen.  Three days is not a lifetime in a process.  The introduction of the Head Coach was just today.  We will know soon.  By the way the Kay interview was a lot more impressive, if you listened to it. Give the guy a  chance.

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

People actually listen to Kay? Shocked

the afternoon drive is pretty slim pickings for NY radio: 

FatFukcessa

Kay

70's, 80', 90's "oldies"

Classic Rock

NPR - nauseating after 2 hours. 

WQXR Classical 

WBGO Jazz

That's about it. 105 & 97.1 have become trash and no longer play HipHop 

18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

We're the worst... outside of Philly of course. 

none of this happens in Green Bay or Seattle. They are so nicey nice in those parts. 

Yea. Philly fans are in a class of their own. They booed their team the first home game after winning the super bowl. Lmao.

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Deal with what? There weren’t any hard questions asked. The GM who’s 20 games under .500 didn’t have to say a word.

This presser was easy for sure. But one good pc by the media doesn’t form a trend. The NY media has a bad reputation.

In this presser, They had good questions for CJ and Gase. They should have been prepared to ask Macc questions as well.

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

If that is true that is fine!

Get guys who would want to be here!!

Get Rex in here as the DC and go from there!!

That’s not what I heard.  

I heard the entire interview and I have no idea how:

A- You twisted what he said into that

B- Came away anything less than impressed

But nothing really surprises from the "Jets" fans on this board.

Why would anyone subject themselves to that whining, dingleberry, AHOLE. 

15DF8658-A0A6-4667-907D-3DD0E08347BF.gif

I just saw the video of the Kay interview. He looked much more at ease in that setting compared to the press conference. He was very forthcoming about what happened in Miami. 

As far as assistants go, it sounds like he's waiting on several guys from his staff in Miami to be released from their contracts. Anyone know much about any of them? 

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Here are the interviews:

Adam Gase Interview on Kay Show:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=25761979

Chrissy Johnson Interview:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=25762056

Mighty Mac Interview:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=25762552

Feel a lot better about Gase after listening to this. Much better than the press conference 

I listened to Kays interview with Gase and Gase was fine. He seems like the right man for the job but just 1 thing I didn’t like - Gase said he doesn’t watch TV or go on the internet. That concerns me a little. There is a lot of valuable information on the internet and TV that might help a coach with his job. Just reading feedback from message boards once in a while might give him some new ideas. PFF is a relatively new idea that’s on the internet and a lot of football analytics can be on the internet. These are tools that could help Gase on the job. Maybe the Jets provide him with these tools maybe they don’t. But he needs to know about them and if he’s never on the internet he might not know. Just saying don’t rule out avenues that can potentially make you a better coach and help u win more games. 

4 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I listened to Kays interview with Gase and Gase was fine. He seems like the right man for the job but just 1 thing I didn’t like - Gase said he doesn’t watch TV or go on the internet. That concerns me a little. There is a lot of valuable information on the internet and TV that might help a coach with his job. Just reading feedback from message boards once in a while might give him some new ideas. PFF is a relatively new idea that’s on the internet and a lot of football analytics can be on the internet. These are tools that could help Gase on the job. Maybe the Jets provide him with these tools maybe they don’t. But he needs to know about them and if he’s never on the internet he might not know. Just saying don’t rule out avenues that can potentially make you a better coach and help u win more games. 

But as a whole, the internet is more of a distraction than anything else. Yeah, there are good things, but the bad and wasting of time outweigh the advantages. Better to have some assistant filter out the crap (90%) for you.

Just now, roscoeword said:

But as a whole, the internet is more of a distraction than anything else. Yeah, there are good things, but the bad and wasting of time outweigh the advantages. Better to have some assistant filter out the crap (90%) for you.

Ok I’ll buy that. If he has an assistant that briefs him on new internet advances in scouting games and analytics and any news he might need to know about then that works. 

Archived