Anyone catch the Michael Kay show today?

NIGHT STALKER

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

the afternoon drive is pretty slim pickings for NY radio: 

FatFukcessa

Kay

70's, 80', 90's "oldies"

Classic Rock

NPR - nauseating after 2 hours. 

WQXR Classical 

WBGO Jazz

That's about it. 105 & 97.1 have become trash and no longer play HipHop 

Sirius NFL Network is very good.  

22 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

But as a whole, the internet is more of a distraction than anything else. Yeah, there are good things, but the bad and wasting of time outweigh the advantages. Better to have some assistant filter out the crap (90%) for you.

I shudder to add up the time I've spent on Jets message boards.  

5 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Here are the interviews:

Adam Gase Interview on Kay Show:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=25761979

Chrissy Johnson Interview:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=25762056

Mighty Mac Interview:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=25762552

For Apple users 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-michael-kay-show/id208643372?mt=2

5 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I listened to Kays interview with Gase and Gase was fine. He seems like the right man for the job but just 1 thing I didn’t like - Gase said he doesn’t watch TV or go on the internet. That concerns me a little. There is a lot of valuable information on the internet and TV that might help a coach with his job. Just reading feedback from message boards once in a while might give him some new ideas. PFF is a relatively new idea that’s on the internet and a lot of football analytics can be on the internet. These are tools that could help Gase on the job. Maybe the Jets provide him with these tools maybe they don’t. But he needs to know about them and if he’s never on the internet he might not know. Just saying don’t rule out avenues that can potentially make you a better coach and help u win more games. 

pretty sure he is talking more about bullsh*t like social media and reality tv

9 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I generally agree with you but the Jets job comes with baggage that some people may not want to deal with. See our fan reaction to the Gase hiring. We are a welcoming crowd. Add the media and some people may not want to deal with this if they have other options.

Darnold helps us attract offensive coaches but we are working with a handicap.

do you think the jets fans and media are the only ones that are rabid?. check out the patsies, or philly's, or dallas' fan sites.  other places are equally rabid.  now there could be something about having to deal with the whole metro area and all of the headaches living next to nyc but i doubt if the fans are keeping these guys away.

What I got from the interview is that the GM is a glorified assistant, a coffe boy of sorts, the coach does not report to him, he doesn’t hire the coach, doesn’t fire the coach, so what exactly does he do?? If he doesn’t have final say on coaching I doubt very much he has a final say on personnel. 

Also got that Chris Johnson sounds like a nice and well engaged guy but he also is only a substitute teacher so to say, when woody gets back from England, Christopher Johnson goes back into the shadows and Woody will be at the forefront 

6 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Just reading feedback from message boards once in a while might give him some new ideas

No lol

Not saying regular people dont have good ideas but how do you sift through all the rubbish?

In aggregate,  the average fan message board is a mean, overly emotional, loud, reactionary bi polar cesspool of stupid. 

Players and coaches should do themselves a favor and stay far far away. 

These are still human beings, I dont know what you do but imagine 10k lunatics with super high expectations following and criticizing your every move despite not having an ounce of requisite expertise? And then imagine reading it weekly.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

No lol

Not saying regular people dont have good ideas but how do you sift through all the rubbish?

In aggregate,  the average fan message board is a mean, overly emotional, loud, reactionary bi polar cesspool of stupid. 

These are still human beings, I dont know what you do but imagine 10k lunatics with super high expectations following and criticizing your every move despite not having an ounce of requisite expertise? And then imagine reading it weekly.

That quote above isnt from me, don't know how you got it. What I wrote is what you're saying: most of internet stuff a big waste of time, at best. And at worse, damaging to oneself. 

12 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I generally agree with you but the Jets job comes with baggage that some people may not want to deal with. See our fan reaction to the Gase hiring. 

Anti-Gase Jet fans (who tend to be anti-lots of things with the Jets) are perfectly in synch with Giants fans, Pats fans, and anyone else that wants to see the Jets fail. F them.

Bottom line - Gase wasn't a top 3 choice for me, didn't even consider him. But now that he's our guy, he's my #1. Lots of us are this way, but frankly not nearly enough.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

do you think the jets fans and media are the only ones that are rabid?. check out the patsies, or philly's, or dallas' fan sites.  other places are equally rabid.  now there could be something about having to deal with the whole metro area and all of the headaches living next to nyc but i doubt if the fans are keeping these guys away.

No, I think it’s the package. Philly fans are defInitely worse. But when you factor in media, raising a family, ownership, losing culture, lack of a football culture in the NY area (ny is more of an all sports town compared to say Texas where people live and breath football), etc, the Jets are a bottom of the barrel team.

Case in point yesterday. Adam Gase was the HC of Miami for 3 years with all his quirks. And yea I thought some of the stuff was weird, but we never saw anything come out of Miami like we did yesterday. Gase has a wife and kids. NY dehumanizes people. It is what it is at this point. It’s going to take a special effort to make us perennial winners. I have hope CJ is a good owner. And Darnold is a game changer for this franchise because I believe people will want to be around him.

I’m just venting at this point. Frustrated like every other Jets fan.

13 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

They had Gase on.  If you did, did you catch that BIG NEGATIVE NUGGET Gase blurted out when asked about possible assistant coaches coming in for interviews?  I'm paraphrasing here, but he basically said was, "trying to convince possible candidates to come here for an interview".  Not good if we have that reputation.  Perhaps that's the reason we haven't signed Williams yet and is rumored to be looking at the Redskins.

It's an expression. 

Turnd into a,negative comment by a negative thinking fan.  No one was saying what you're suggesting he meant.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

No lol

spot on

Dunning Kruger all day

"In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is"

12 hours ago, k-met57 said:

why do people assume that people turn these jobs down left and right? there are what? 60+ of these jobs in the world (NFL OC/DC)?

stop reading into nonsense.

Exactly.  Then add to this way of thinking that the worst part of being an Asst coach that if the HC is fired you're left scrambling and have no clue or even choice of where you're going to wind up along with your family.  I would think if you're thinking of taking an asst position with team A or B you think more of the team with a brand new HC because he's probably not going anywhere for some time.  

JGruden, for example, might be gone in 19 and you can be gone with him.

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth I thought Gase’s answer abiut going to Miami was very impressive.  

He stated that he took the job specifically so that he could compete against Bellichick.  

That was a great answer. I remember the media nailing Rex's butt to the cross when he answered that he was hired to kick Belipricks a$$ not kiss his ring.  Another great response . Never could understand the media's response. What was he suppose to say ? We'll try not to lose by too much ?

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets CEO Christopher Johnson, in an interview yesterday on the Michael Kay Show on ESPN NY radio, dropped a couple of nuggets. He suggested he will tweak the team's power structure (the coach and GM both report to the owner). First, he defended the set-up, saying brother Woody Johnson wanted it this way — and he agreed. He added: "This is just the way we like to run things, but I'm going to do it a little bit differently this year than last." How? "I'm going to keep that between me and the coach and Mike (Maccagnan)." Johnson also said Woody wasn't involved in the search. He said he received a 4 a.m. email from his brother, saying, "Great choice. Great coach. I love you.":wub:

•  
  •  
  •  
icon-espn-e-@2x.png
13m

15 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I didn't take what he said at all as negative. The Kaye show was a really good interview. I think he was just trying to transition into complementing Atlantic Health Training Center?

Yeah how's that negative. 

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It's an expression. 

Turnd into a,negative comment by a negative thinking fan.  No one was saying what you're suggesting he meant.

Don't get your panties in a wad...I listened to it again and I was wrong.  Oh, I am NOT a negative thinking fan because I misinterpreted with what I "thought" I heard. 

20 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I heard the entire interview and I have no idea how:

A- You twisted what he said into that

B- Came away anything less than impressed

But nothing really surprises from the "Jets" fans on this board.

I was wrong...I listened again.

41 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Don't get your panties in a wad...I listened to it again and I was wrong.  Oh, I am NOT a negative thinking fan because I misinterpreted with what I "thought" I heard. 

No twisting, panties are fine

Archived