Jets CEO: Gase hire about winning, not Twitter

Gas2No99

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You would have been that guy who tried to convince people that Jeff Fisher was a better coach than Bellichick because Bellichick had a losing record in Cleveland.

You guys are pretty simple. You look at records and extrapolate that if he had a winning record at his prior job that he therefore will do well here. Kind of like the way Rams looked at Fisher's 142-120 record. Multiple playoff appearances. Near Super Bowl with with the Titans and assumed that would translate. 31 and 45 later and Jeff Fisher is the laughing stock of the NFL. 

You guys need to learn that we do not assume our coaches previous record. We don't get credit for his playoff wins or SB win. We don't get Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams.

I reject these facts.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You would have been that guy who tried to convince people that Jeff Fisher was a better coach than Bellichick because Bellichick had a losing record in Cleveland.

You guys are pretty simple. You look at records and extrapolate that if he had a winning record at his prior job that he therefore will do well here. Kind of like the way Rams looked at Fisher's 142-120 record. Multiple playoff appearances. Near Super Bowl with with the Titans and assumed that would translate. 31 and 45 later and Jeff Fisher is the laughing stock of the NFL. 

You guys need to learn that we do not assume our coaches previous record. We don't get credit for his playoff wins or SB win. We don't get Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams.

It’s a combination of everything. Losing record, bad stats, bad public relations, bad player relations, etc. it’s not based off of one thing. 

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Whether he has any chance at all will depend on the assistants he hires.  Rex and Bowles had the worst assistants possible. I'm still not happy with the hire but it is what it is.

The pity is with Mac at the helm buying the groceries Gase will be cooking with prego tomato sauce and kraft dinner and half price ground beef.

Really. Petine, Shotty, John Defilippo, Bob Sutton, Anthony Lynn, Mike Wedthoff.

Yeah, worst assistants possible.

lol, just typing we suck without thinking sucks.

you really are a one trick pony

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Thanks for the lecture, Coach.  Can't believe that we let Richie Kotite get away.  Or Hue Jackson.  To assume that a Coach's previous record has nothing to do with future performance is kind of silly. Can't explain what  happened to Jeff Fischer, but a 260+ game record is a pretty good body of work to judge by. Rams probably should've called you first.  Guess we can do away with those pesky resume's next.  Got your point but you took it too far.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Really. Petine, Shotty, John Defilippo, Bob Sutton, Anthony Lynn, Mike Wedthoff.

Yeah, worst assistants possible.

lol, just typing we suck without thinking sucks.

you really are a one trick pony

When was the last time this team made the playoffs dumbo. 

8-8, 6-10,8-8, 4-12,10-6,5-11,5-11,4-12  Nice records.

jeff weekes, kacy rogers, dennis thurman, shotty  All in key positions.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I kinda dig the approach by Chris Johnson and Gase here, basically giving everyone the finger and staying focused on the business end. This is not how the Jets usually do business. 

they tried that approach (on steroids) with Mangini if we are probing deep into our unconscious suppressed memories 

31 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Thanks for the lecture, Coach.  Can't believe that we let Richie Kotite get away.  Or Hue Jackson.  To assume that a Coach's previous record has nothing to do with future performance is kind of silly. Can't explain what  happened to Jeff Fischer, but a 260+ game record is a pretty good body of work to judge by. Rams probably should've called you first.  Guess we can do away with those pesky resume's next.  Got your point but you took it too far.

Exactly the type of response I expected. 

20 minutes ago, Vader said:

they tried that approach (on steroids) with Mangini if we are probing deep into our unconscious suppressed memories 

We have 0 Super Bowls in 50 years. Every approach has failed. I have no reason to think that Gase is a great coach, but I do think he pairs well with Darnold who I think will be a great QB. That's what matters, not Eric Mangini or Browning Nagle. The past is the past. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

No, I’m starting to get it. One other question: this system of his, it produced a lot of wins, did it?

Please.  This is just stupid.

Lots of wins?  Sure with Tannehill, right. (and didn't they get 10 wins with that guy?) And with Cutler, right... Cutler never got wins... with anyone or anywhere.  You know what... it did produce a lot of wins in Denver with Manning.  Makes you think...  at least a little.  Do you think that Gase might have a better chance for a lot of wins with Darnold?  Slightly?  You think he wouldn't be a rock solid coach for Darnold in particular, and significantly better than all the other HC candidates, including McCarthy?  I'm willing to risk Gase's locker room skills (like Rex or Bowles had any better) for an opportunity to do the most important thing in professional football in the 21st century.  Develop your young, 21 year old, potential franchise QB.  Especially when you haven't had this kind of opportunity in decades.

This is why they hired Gase.  He provides the best opportunity to develop Sam of all the candidates.  Maybe they didn't trust McCarthy as much to work with Sam at this stage of his career.  It starts and ends with who Chris Johnson thinks will do the best job with Darnold.  All the backstories about Maccagnan and power struggles were probably true, but in the end those are all secondary to the #1 priority.  For Chris Johnson at least, it came down to that one thing: creating the best opportunity to make Darnold a star.  His decision was Gase.  I get it and now accept it.  You and others should consider it.  

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

When was the last time this team made the playoffs dumbo. 

8-8, 6-10,8-8, 4-12,10-6,5-11,5-11,4-12  Nice records.

jeff weekes, kacy rogers, dennis thurman, shotty  All in key positions.

Stay on topic "DUMBO"

You said Rex didn't had the "worst assistants possible" Dumbo answer, to you, "Really. Petine, Shotty, John Defilippo, Bob Sutton, Anthony Lynn, Mike Wedthoff"

i listed his staff.  You don't even think, you just bitch and moan.  Woe is me, we suck. 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Stay on topic "DUMBO"

You said Rex didn't had the "worst assistants possible" Dumbo answer, to you, "Really. Petine, Shotty, John Defilippo, Bob Sutton, Anthony Lynn, Mike Wedthoff"

i listed his staff.  You don't even think, you just bitch and moan.  Woe is me, we suck. 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mangini almost worked out! 

I know right? And what’s even weirder, Rex almost worked too. And weirdest, didn’t herm get to a AFCCG too?

weird. Maybe patience is the key. Not mercurial swings of the pendulum to the opposite 

38 minutes ago, Vader said:

I know right? And what’s even weirder, Rex almost worked too. And weirdest, didn’t herm get to a AFCCG too?

weird. Maybe patience is the key. Not mercurial swings of the pendulum to the opposite 

I am of the belief that Rex reaped the benefits of Mangini’s work in the same way that Herm reaped the benefits of Parcells’ good work. So, if history is any indicator, Brian Schottenheimer is going to inherit one hell of a good Jets team in four years when we fire Gase.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I am of the belief that Rex reaped the benefits of Mangini’s work in the same way that Herm reaped the benefits of Parcells’ good work. So, if history is any indicator, Brian Schottenheimer is going to inherit one hell of a good Jets teams in four years when we fire Gase.

I still hate David Barrett.

9 minutes ago, Vader said:

Ginger evert time. For me raven > brunette > blonde

With gingers, wildcard 

I always thought Raven was a brunette? no? Brunette was the umbrella of "brown to dark black" hair, but really just not blonde nor redhead. Have have I been wrong all these years?

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There’s a special place in my heart for socially awkward jerkoffs and, boy, this one checks all the marks

Word. Is that the common thread for you between Mangini, Idzik and Gase?

25 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I always thought Raven was a brunette? no? Brunette was the umbrella of "brown to dark black" hair, but really just not blonde nor redhead. Have have I been wrong all these years?

Raven is black hair. Brunette is brown. U stand corrected ??

Archived