Would you rather . . . ?

Gas2No99

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'd rather draft a RB as well, but Mac KNOWS he has no time for rookies to develop and may take a similar route ala 2015 which got him executive of the year. He needs to show results now, mandate or not. 

Granted, Hunt "booted" a dumb privileged drunk chick, but he didn't beat her (IMO). Yes, he may have anger issues but nothing so egregious that counseling and this time out hasn't taught him already. I think you'd get him cheaper than Bell and has less ware and could be LETHAL under Gase. I'd sign him for a longer contract than Bell but no more than 4 years w/opt out clauses. 

Philosophically and in general, I'm against signing a BIG FA RB, but at this stage of th Jets w/0 talent and a young FQB an exception should be made; if we sign Hunt for 4 years (2 year opt out) or Bell for 3 years (guaranteed 2) it would exponentially help Darnold in developing and keeping the offense balanced. 

Originally, I was with you about Hunt, but have since been informed that, that  was not the only incident in his "portfolio".  Plus he's still on the restricted list, so who knows what that means going forward. Remember this,  Running back is a position where the better backs come into the league,  "ready to roll". See Gurley, that punk from Dallas, Barkley, Sony Michelle amongst many others.  I think the draft or " plucking" a free-agent from another team's roster is probably the way to go,  The most important thing going forward is fixing this Offensive Line.  That and better play calling will do wonders for the running game.  It wasn't all on the running backs, not by a long shot.

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Originally, I was with you about Hunt, but have since been informed that, that  was not the only incident in his "portfolio".  Plus he's still on the restricted list, so who knows what that means going forward. Remember this,  Running back is a position where the better backs come into the league,  "ready to roll". See Gurley, that punk from Dallas, Barkley, Sony Michelle amongst many others.  I think the draft or " plucking" a free-agent from another team's roster is probably the way to go,  The most important thing going forward is fixing this Offensive Line.  That and better play calling will do wonders for the running game.  It wasn't all on the running backs, not by a long shot.

We don't need Hunt and the circus he'd bring here.  I don't want Bell either.  Sign Tevin Coleman or Mark Ingram

Archived