Adam Gase speaks to media after yesterday’s press conference

Patriot Killa

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I couldn’t care less if the guy looked like Satan, himself. Just win football games.

Exactly. Going into my 40th year of season tix, and have rooted for this team a total of 53 years. I honestly don't give a damn any more who the hell the coach is, just get us back to the Super Bowl.

Just now, nico002 said:

I think it’s the camera angle during press conferences. He looked normal to me on the sidelines.

He's in his environment there. Heard him on Michael Kay show...he was very good, and actually said some funny things. Kay told him that he'd never seen him before today without a hat and Gase said"there's a good reason for that." He was relaxed, and said some good stuff.

Remember last week when we all were wondering why he wore the hat so low? Now we know. We get this guy a pair of wrap around Oakleys, and he's good to go. LOL. Seriously though, whether anybody wants to admit it or not, that whole thing yesterday couldn't have gone worse for Gase. He became an internet sensation for all the wrong reasons. All we're going to do now is try to spin it into something it wasn't. I think its best we just tuck him out of site for a while, and just hope all the noise dies down.

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Seriously though, whether anybody wants to admit it or not, that whole thing yesterday couldn't have gone worse for Gase. He became an internet sensation for all the wrong reasons.  

oh people admit it but no one gives out credit for being right about how sh|t everything turned out to be. No one shows up at Nostradamus' birthday party  

We shoot the messenger on arrival and never look back 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think he sounded a lot calmer and settled in during this interview. 

He’s human, people get really f—n nervous in those type of settings. Some better about it and some worse.

He generally always sounds fine.  Listening to him you'd never know there was anything at all amiss, he talks a good game and seems to know his stuff.

With that said and with respect, the man is used to leading 50+ big ass men in front of 50-90,000 people every Sunday.  Yet Manish Mehta made him look coked-out-eye-jittery nervous?  That's hard to believe tbqh.  Especially when you see images of how he looked in Miami that are similar.  

It's not like he never spoke to media in Miami (and please, save us the New Yorker ego of thinking New York media is some rare unique thing, it isn't).

This is just who Gase is, for whatever reason (and so far all the reporting says it's not a malady or disability, it's just him).  

End of the day, tho, all that matters is how he does on the field.  That much is true.  

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

He's in his environment there. Heard him on Michael Kay show...he was very good, and actually said some funny things. Kay told him that he'd never seen him before today without a hat and Gase said"there's a good reason for that." He was relaxed, and said some good stuff.

I agree he was much better on the Kay show. The problem is that the horse was already out of the barn as far as public perception goes. Best thing we fans can do is steal a line from Freddie Kitchens presser yesterday. "If you aren't wearing GREEN AND WHITE, you don't matter..." and just get behind this guy. 

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I couldn’t care less if the guy looked like Satan, himself. Just win football games.

Exaclty. 

Meeting with the media may be part of the job requirement for an NFL Head Coach, but it is far from the most important requirement.  We hired him to win football games, not win press conferences.  

I think you’ve all said it best. Coaches don’t get hired for the press conference prowess, and all the hooplah surrounding his presentation in front of the media really is bottom of the barrel material of relevancy. Yes it be nice if he looks like he didn’t just do three rails in the bathroom, but whatever. 

Light up that fcking scoreboard Adam. That’s all we want. 

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I agree he was much better on the Kay show. The problem is that the horse was already out of the barn as far as public perception goes. Best thing we fans can do is steal a line from Freddie Kitchens presser yesterday. "If you aren't wearing GREEN AND WHITE, you don't matter..." and just get behind this guy. 

Who cares what other people think? Who cares what the Jets fans think(besides themselves)? 

F public perception and F being a smooth take for the media.

26 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Remember last week when we all were wondering why he wore the hat so low? Now we know. We get this guy a pair of wrap around Oakleys, and he's good to go. LOL. Seriously though, whether anybody wants to admit it or not, that whole thing yesterday couldn't have gone worse for Gase. He became an internet sensation for all the wrong reasons. All we're going to do now is try to spin it into something it wasn't. I think its best we just tuck him out of site for a while, and just hope all the noise dies down.

FINALLY!  I can't believe I have not heard anyone else say this!  We won't be saying anything about the eyes going forward because this guy wears a cap all the time.

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think you’ve all said it best. Coaches don’t get hired for the press conference prowess, and all the hooplah surrounding his presentation in front of the media really is bottom of the barrel material of relevancy. Yes it be nice if he looks like he didn’t just do three rails in the bathroom, but whatever. 

If Adam turns the Jets around and they make the playoffs next season, they’ll be spinning the eye joke in a better light...or they’ll completely forget it like they will do anyway.?

13 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

FINALLY!  I can't believe I have not heard anyone else say this!  We won't be saying anything about the eyes going forward because this guy wears a cap all the time.

yeah i'm sure this is the last we will ever hear about Adam Gase's eyes 

we live in a society which put the Buttfumble on 24-7 replay for 6 months straight after it happened

when something embarrassing happens to the Jets the rest of the nation calls that entertainment 

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

The voice doesn't fit the face. He sounds like a smart football coach, but he looks like he should in an orange jump suit with handcuffs on.

It really is interesting to watch. He is much clearer than what his face puts forth.  I think I may stop watching anything with him and just listen from now on. :) 

I listened to the press conference in my car yesterday and had a totally different feel for it than when I got home and looked at it. 

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Exactly. Going into my 40th year of season tix, and have rooted for this team a total of 53 years. I honestly don't give a damn any more who the hell the coach is, just get us back to the Super Bowl.

Faust (not Jerry) for Jets HC!

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I am more than ready to accept a Mad Genius.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Yeah, but imagine him in a room full of 50+ football players.  They aren't taking him seriously.  And you know they saw what we saw yesterday and all the memes.  You can't forget that at the end of the day they're a bunch of 20something year olds.  And unlike in Miami, he won't be able to trade away the guys he doesn't like.

Archived