Stephen A. Accusing Gaze of looking as if he were on drugs?

DonCorleone

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

you are right it wasn't meth or a street drug

but the man is probably a cocktail of whatever NFL locker rooms have access to 

if we could get a sample of Adam Gase's blood it probably reads like Judy Garland's.

He strikes me as one of those Crispr types who is all about maximizing his performance, he probably took all sorts of mood stabilizers to get him even for the interviews and probably tried to take some sort of stim for the press conference and what everyone saw was probably a bad interaction. When it wore off (MK Show) he was fine 

that's not the same as him smoking rock in the men's room but let's not pretend that man was dead sober either 

Spoiler: that man was dead sober.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if we could get a sample of Adam Gase's blood it probably reads like Judy Garland's.

He strikes me as one of those Crispr types who is all about maximizing his performance, he probably took all sorts of mood stabilizers to get him even for the interviews and probably tried to take some sort of stim for the press conference and what everyone saw was probably a bad interaction. When it wore off (MK Show) he was fine 

that's not the same as him smoking rock in the men's room but let's not pretend that man was dead sober either 

You have no idea what he is or isnt on.  Writing this is libel and it would serve you right if he sued you for defamation of character.  

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

You have no idea what he is or isnt on.  Writing this is libel and it would serve you right if he sued you for defamation of character.  

there aren't enough butt fumbles for you snowflake 

I look forward to the litigation 

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm certainly not EVER going to defend Stephen A. but c'mon, take a look at the Press Conference thread in here. What is he saying that most of this board didn't say yesterday? It looked like Smith was joking, and Max and Ryan Clark couldn't stop laughing. That presser has become famous, and Gase a national punch line. It is what it is, and whether we like it or not, Gase became one of the most famous HCs in the NFL yesterday. People who don't even watch football know who he is today.

It’s unfortunate that people focus in on issues that in the long run will have no bearing on his job performance. I watched Pro Football Talk this morning with Mike Florio and Peter King, it was refreshing to see them put the press conference in proper prospective. King even brought the example of the Matt Nagy presser last season introducing him as the Bears HC occurring on the same day as John Gruden’s in Oakland. Nagy’s got panned as being boring and dull while Gruden put on an entertaining and great performance. Ultimately look how the season turned out for those teams. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

He had his family there for christ lol. It just sounds like a huge stretch of the imagination with no type of actual grounding for these assumptions to stand on, other than people that hated the hire, actively convince themselves of some sort of foul play behind looking funny in a press conference.

Unbias posters aren’t talking like “well if ya’ some how could get a blood test then I bet youuu...”

Lol I didn’t like the hire either but it’s time to really knock it off. All of this unnecessary finger pointing and exaggeration from media and as you have it, our own fans, Is just making me want to back the guy even more. Go Gase. F- it lol.

9 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I mean I guess neanderthals are inherently anachronistic but you legit have to be the only person in the whole wide world who namechecks Harry and the Hendersons and then turns around and calls coke 'yip.'

there's some evidence Neanderthals were smarter than Sapiens.  they had bigger brains 

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He had his family there for christ lol. It just sounds like a huge stretch of the imagination with no type of actual grounding for these assumptions to stand on, other than people that hated the hire, actively convince themselves of some sort of foul play behind looking funny in a press conference.

Unbias posters aren’t talking like “well if ya’ some how could get a blood test then I bet youuu...”

Lol I didn’t like the hire either but it’s time to really knock it off. All of this unnecessary finger pointing and exaggeration from media and as you have it, our own fans, Is just making me want to back the guy even more. Go Gase. F- it lol.

oh he had his family there? Cause people never do drugs around their family 

It's good to have an unbiased poster like you explain the world to me 

the man lost control of his eyes 

Dude I didn't make it up and neither did Stephen A Smith.

the HC became a meme in less than 24 hours of his announcement 

i am not anti drug by the way, Lawrence Taylor was the greatest pass rusher of all time, also high on coke most of his career 

drugs can do great things, look at Saturday Night Live for example 

but i literally can't believe anyone thinks this man was sober yesterday. The two explanations were drugs or brain damage,

I thought I was being nice. I don't care what a guy does in his off time as long as he keeps it together on a basic level  

oh he had his family there? Cause people never do drugs around there family 

It's good to have an unbiased poster like you explain the world to me 

the man lost control of his eyes 

Dude I didn't make it up and neither did Stephen A Smith.

the HC became a meme in less than 24 hours of his announcement 

i am not anti drug by the way, Lawrence Taylor was the greatest pass rusher of all time, also high on coke most of his career 

drugs can do great things, look at Saturday Night Live for example 

but i literally can't believe anyone thinks this man was sober yesterday. The two explanations were drugs or brain damage,

I thought I was being nice. I don't care what a guy does in his off time as long as he keeps it together on a basic level  

You are being dramatic as sh*t, my guy. It really wasn’t that bad.

7 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Seriously, that post was irresponsible. It made me think you're the one who's on something, not Gase.

yeah i must be huffing glue to support this team 

so the fact one of Gase's assistants was fired for coke usage like three months ago isn't suspicious at all 

or are we just processing facts which support our conclusions 

ct-football-life-tackles-mike-singletary-story-20151111&key=f5ffbee307859cfa783e390485d07710c3cf334be96d1069a84ccbf04ad2454a2011-National-Sports-Collectors-Convention-Upper-Deck-Mike-Singletary.jpg&key=ae15b17b1d5417ecc3ef114b2b50116ffbe3d045c10191bf4f1e1bebc4bace46
People called him intense. But because of certain differences, they call a similar look drugs or "something". Sorry, I disagree wholeheartedly...

I’m not saying he was on drugs I’m saying he -looked- like he was on something.

The thing with this is he doesn’t always look like this. It’s not like his eyes are always like that. He’s been interviewed hundreds of times.

Something was off.
It could have too much coffee or just nerves but it did, in fact, look like he was on something.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

i’m full of the sardonic humors, but i gotta tell ya, the mocking focus on Gase’s “affect” is making me more and more sympathetic. I get that it’s a hard knocks world, and this is NY, and it will destroy you. 

but this is out of bounds. after first blush, i get it people make a bit a fun, and the memes will flow. but people should not be mocking a person’s “affect”. the media in particular should not be making this a standard line of criticism. 

yeah i must be huffing glue to support this team 

so the fact one of Gase's assistants was fired for coke usage like three months ago isn't suspicious at all 

or are we just processing facts which support our conclusions 

If I could make Adam Gase’s eyes towards this post right now, I feel like that would be the appropriate response to this post.

17 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Stephan A. Hole

Sports media has become a cesspool with mostly bottom feeders like that dipsh!t

He exposed himself with his commentary on the S. D. Charger game a few weeks ago, when he started talking about players who aren't on the roster.. That should have been the end of this bluffer career wise.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I’m not saying he was on drugs I’m saying he -looked- like he was on something.

The thing with this is he doesn’t always look like this. It’s not like his eyes are always like that. He’s been interviewed hundreds of times.

Something was off.
It could have too much coffee or just nerves but it did, in fact, look like he was on something.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Agree..Coffee...Nerves...Or maybe he could have his game face on already. The guy knows what he is facing with the Media and Fans starved for something good. He also knows the reaction from people Like me who were not crazy about the hire. I personally hope that his face was one zeroed in on proving fans like me completely wrong. 

Just watched the whole press conference and Gase was not on drugs without a doubt. He seemed calm and answered the questions with thought and confidence and that is an indication that he was not on drugs. His eyes are buggie yes but he still looked better than bumbling Chris and dumb looking Mac in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

He exposed himself with his commentary on the S. D. Charger game a few weeks ago, when he started talking about players who aren't on the roster.. That should have been the end of this bluffer career wise.

Stephen A Smith has done even dumber stuff than that.  He still thought the NHL had ties up until a couple years ago

55 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The guy has strange-looking mannerisms. That doesn't mean he's on drugs. If you close your eyes and only listen to the audio he sounds very normal.

Stephen A is an a$$hole for suggesting this. Way out of line.

If I'm stoned, if you didn't see my eyes, you would think I'm sober as well. Easy to act sober while high. It's the eyes a body language that's harder to hide. 

Gase is probably socially awkward. But I heard some of his interview with Michael Kay, and he looked and sounded very reasonable. 

Recall that Herman Edwards and Rex Ryan gave press conferences on their 1st day.

Screaming A. the day after the Doug Brien game got on ESPN radio and said the Jets should have lined Brien up to kick the OT FG on 3rd down rather than 4th, so if it missed they could try again on 4th down. His show is miles behind the rantings of Joe Benigno in his Sunday-gravy stained wifebeater and Evan. Roberts.  

If you want to listen to hours length in depth fact-free speculation about Lebron James'  breakfast choices and how the Bulls might fit Kevin Durant under the cap in 2024, he's your guy.The NBA is unwatchable, in part because ESPN shoves this idiot down everyone's throats. ESPN has slid into oblivion for a number of reasons, but chief among them is overpaying for the awfulness that is the NBA, and then selling it with this fool. Was unaware that Smith got a degree in substance abuse counseling at FIT. Imagine he can knit a mean undergarment though. 

Archived