Stephen A. Accusing Gaze of looking as if he were on drugs?

DonCorleone

6 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

So which one is it? Bates or Gates?  HaHa.  PS I agree with what you said about "what's his name".

OOPs. Thanks, I just fixed that. It might have been a Freudian slip. You know, a Norman Bates/Adam Gase thing? My apologies to the Chargers TE by the way! :rolleyes:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

so this is where we are at? either support Adam Gase or FU

this is a place to express free speech 

it's not North Korea 

the new Head coach has unsettling mannerisms 

cue the pearl clutching 

“Unsettling mannerisms” is something I think everyone would agree on. But that’s not what you said. And no one has to support Gase. I’m often on the negative side of things, being a +30 year Jet fan.

But dang, character assasinations and accusations of drug use are so out of line for a Jets message board. 

All that being said, I should’ve called you a jerk, not the term I used. 

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I see Skip as just a sh*t stirrer.

He takes the extreme opposite viewpoint just to rile people up. He still sucks and his show on FS1 with Shannon Sharpe aka Mushmouth is pretty much unwatchable as well.

But Stephen A actually believes the ridiculous crap that comes out of his mouth.

Out of all of the major network sports shows, Cowherd’s show on FS1 is the only one I can really watch. He’s an arrogant prick but I like him and agree with him more often than not. Doesn’t pretend like he’s a comedian, doesn’t constantly bring up politics, etc.

He also frequently brings on great guests like Mangini, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Greg Cosell, etc.

I particularly enjoyed Joel Klatt berating Cowherd over Mayfield ?

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I don't think this is why Saul said the POS reference. Accusing someone, on a public board is WAY over the line Bit. If you don't like him fine, he wouldn't have been my 1st choice either, but to open yourself up to libel claims is a bit much don't ya think ? A little "over the top" .

if you (or anyone else) read my post carefully I never accused anyone of anything. the word probably was used quite a bit. 

but to be honest this is the USA, free speech protects most defendants. opinions are not Libel. and NY laws don't apply to a person living in PA.

If the person is a public figure Malice must be proven. these words have legal definition. I welcome Libel claims and perhaps, I'll even countersue.  

I still stand by the opinion that Adam Gase was not sober during yesterday's press conference. If he was, somehow that's even more disturbing. 

the real question is how can everyone here keep getting pissed on and believing it's rain? 

23 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Gase did look rather abnormal in that presser not just the eyes but his entire body language.

The one utterly non-debatable truth in this thread.

The rest, possible causes, medical vs. personality quirk, drugs vs. personality quirk, anxiety vs. personality quirk, joking vs. not joking, virtue signaling vs. over the top rudeness, is all just speculation and personal opinion.

He looked odd.  Everyone noticed it.  People denying it are full of poo tbqh.

Now Gase is a national meme.  Does that matter?  If he wins, no, if he loses, yes.  

So very Same Old Jets that this is what we're talking about the day after our new Head Coach is announced, and not what this new Coach will bring to help us score more points and win more games.  Only the Jets.

16 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

But dang, character assasinations and accusations of drug use are so out of line for a Jets message board. 

All that being said, I should’ve called you a jerk, not the term I used. 

No hard feelings I can take a head shot every now and again

if you'll allow me to analyze the anger you reacted with, it probably underlies a hope this all works out and an even deeper knowledge it will not 

to be clear drug use is not a character assassination, it should be legalized. Addiction is a disease. Drugs can be useful they can be also abused, especially in the NFL locker rooms where doctors can write scripts for almost anything and it's like whatever.

If we are being honest Adam Gase didn't look this way in Miami it was more than just lack of a hat and sunglasses 

We should all have our eyes open about this hire. I'll say it again Chris Foerster happened under his watch and that was only a couple months ago 

I know everyone talks about this man learning from his mistakes that doesn't look like what happened here. What happened here was a guy shot his way out of Miami, cashed in every favor he ever had to make sure he got another HC job. And then his press conference he looked the way he did. Questioning Adam Gase's maturity, professionalism, even his emotional stability, in light of his actions, is not so outrageous.   And questioning his sobriety too I believe is fair game, in light of how weird he acted 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No hard feelings I can take a head shot every now and again

if you'll allow me to analyze the anger you reacted with, it probably underlies a hope this all works out and an even deeper knowledge it will not 

to be clear drug use is not a character assassination, it should be legalized. Addiction is a disease. Drugs can be useful they can be also abused, especially in the NFL locker rooms where doctors can write scripts for almost anything and it's like whatever.

If we are being honest Adam Gase didn't look this way in Miami it was more than just lack of a hat and sunglasses 

We should all have our eyes open about this hire. I'll say it again Chris Foerster happened under his watch and that was only a couple months ago 

I know everyone talks about this man learning from his mistakes that doesn't look like what happened here. What happened here was a guy shot his way out of Miami, cashed in every favor he ever had to make sure he got another HC job. And then his press conference he looked the way he did. Questioning Adam Gase's maturity, professionalism, even his emotional stability, in light of his actions, is not so outrageous.   And questioning his sobriety too I believe is fair game, in light of how weird he acted 

But can you take a full power shot?

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

The guy has strange-looking mannerisms. That doesn't mean he's on drugs. If you close your eyes and only listen to the audio he sounds very normal.

Stephen A is an a$$hole for suggesting this. Way out of line.

oh, i am not defending that loudmouth...   juts sayn that ... those bug eyes are like 2sd outlier statistically speaking

Didn’t take long for the reverse racism bs to be spewed. Gase looked like a crackhead. Everyone said it. But Steven A says it and it’s “‘well if roles were...”

Whatever.

Gase looks like a psycho that I wouldn’t be comfortable leaving around women or small children. Hopefully he coaches as well as he looks crazy.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

so this is where we are at? either support Adam Gase or FU

this is a place to express free speech 

it's not North Korea 

the new Head coach has unsettling mannerisms 

cue the pearl clutching 

Big difference between free speech and accusing the guy of being on drugs. 

You used to be a really good poster. What happened to you? 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

if you (or anyone else) read my post carefully I never accused anyone of anything. the word probably was used quite a bit. 

but to be honest this is the USA, free speech protects most defendants. opinions are not Libel. and NY laws don't apply to a person living in PA.

If the person is a public figure Malice must be proven. these words have legal definition. I welcome Libel claims and perhaps, I'll even countersue.  

I still stand by the opinion that Adam Gase was not sober during yesterday's press conference. If he was, somehow that's even more disturbing. 

the real question is how can everyone here keep getting pissed on and believing it's rain? 

Duly noted Bit.

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm certainly not EVER going to defend Stephen A. but c'mon, take a look at the Press Conference thread in here. What is he saying that most of this board didn't say yesterday? It looked like Smith was joking, and Max and Ryan Clark couldn't stop laughing. That presser has become famous, and Gase a national punch line. It is what it is, and whether we like it or not, Gase became one of the most famous HCs in the NFL yesterday. People who don't even watch football know who he is today.

Personally, I think he was possessed by a demonic spirit. It would explain everything. Get Greg Williams in here pronto to perform the exorcism.  We need our HC back. 

2E828E04-B628-4B0B-AA95-DE85257F13C2.jpeg

stephen a is obviously an ignoramus. sure, his eyes are a bit crazy looking but when he spoke he sounded totally normal. idk what drugs he is accusing him of being on because i didn't read the crap he said, but if it was coke he's an idiot. people on coke sniff and move their mouths a lot.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

you are right it wasn't meth or a street drug

but the man is probably a cocktail of whatever NFL locker rooms have access to 

if we could get a sample of Adam Gase's blood it probably reads like Judy Garland's.

He strikes me as one of those Crispr types who is all about maximizing his performance, he probably took all sorts of mood stabilizers to get him even for the interviews and probably tried to take some sort of stim for the press conference and what everyone saw was probably a bad interaction. When it wore off (MK Show) he was fine 

that's not the same as him smoking rock in the men's room but let's not pretend that man was dead sober either 

Wow. Just shut up.

this is called what about ism

just because Bill Bellichek, possibly the world's worst human being, who was once caught fed exing a box full of cash to a married woman, knew Aaron Hernandez was a murdering scumbag (because he did) doesn't make Adam Gase an evil Genius too. 

Adam Gase could just be irresponsible 

and side note there's a huge difference between drafting a 22 year old with gang ties and hoping to set him straight and hiring a grown ass man who acts like Chris Forester to coach the OLine. And letting it continue until TMZ shows up.

It wasn't like CHris Forester was the Aaron Hernandez of Line coaches and his talent was worth the trouble. He was a degenerate.  

Either Gase knew it was happening or didn't care, or didn't know, either one are bad looks for an NFL HC.  Bellichek cheats we all know this. We all hope Gase cheats like Belly but I wouldn't bet money on it. 

Geez... talk about incoherent rambling.  This post is all over the place. What is wrong with you dude?

you are right it wasn't meth or a street drug

but the man is probably a cocktail of whatever NFL locker rooms have access to 

if we could get a sample of Adam Gase's blood it probably reads like Judy Garland's.

He strikes me as one of those Crispr types who is all about maximizing his performance, he probably took all sorts of mood stabilizers to get him even for the interviews and probably tried to take some sort of stim for the press conference and what everyone saw was probably a bad interaction. When it wore off (MK Show) he was fine 

that's not the same as him smoking rock in the men's room but let's not pretend that man was dead sober either 

So you think that it is totally acceptable to character assassinate someone without any any any proof?

OK........

Thanks for playing................

1 hour ago, DLJ said:

Didn’t take long for the reverse racism bs to be spewed. Gase looked like a crackhead. Everyone said it. But Steven A says it and it’s “‘well if roles were...”

Whatever.

Gase looks like a psycho that I wouldn’t be comfortable leaving around women or small children. Hopefully he coaches as well as he looks crazy.

Adam-Gase-wife-Jennifer-Gase-pictures-1.

1 hour ago, shevys said:

Big difference between free speech and accusing the guy of being on drugs. 

You used to be a really good poster. What happened to you? 

Maybe personal problems spilling into the Jet fandom. Have to be able to separate the two. End of the day we are just fans

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

and side note there's a huge difference between drafting a 22 year old with gang ties and hoping to set him straight and hiring a grown ass man who acts like Chris Forester to coach the OLine. And letting it continue until TMZ shows up. 

Hernandez was a confirmed multi-time murderer.  The other guy just did a little cocaine (something he has in common with probably 1 out of every 3 college students).   

Listen, the guy's 51 years old he shouldn't be doing that stuff, but to act like Gase ; a) was in on it, or, b) should've known it was going on, is ridiculous.  It's not like the guy was doing key bumps on the 50 yard line.  Do you think Gase should be following all of his assistants to the bathroom?

Wildly irresponsible for someone of Steven A's status to be throwing these accusations around. 

Archived