Schefter: Jets Finalizing deal for Gregg Williams

k-met57

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

This has already turned into standard Jets horror show stuff. Given personality and career trajectory this is a guy who will never not no way not no how allow himself to be the one without a chair when the music stops and he's still doing everything he can not to sit in this one.

ehhh who cares...i like Williams but i'd take Marvin Lewis, Jack Del Rio, or a few other guys...

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

This has already turned into standard Jets horror show stuff. Given personality and career trajectory this is a guy who will never not no way not no how allow himself to be the one without a chair when the music stops and he's still doing everything he can not to sit in this one.

Really? It's more like SOJFs having panic attacks about every report that comes out. 
OMG we might get a guy, wait, it's possible we won't get a guy. Where's my prozac?????

I am liking the Gase hire more and more all the time.  His comment about wanting to hire a head coach for the defense, and that he was thinking about not hiring a QB coach confirms that he is going to solely focus on Sam, his development, and the offensive side of the ball.  It makes perfect sense.  Only time will tell but I would think he will make some of us wonder why we ever doubted the hiring.

14 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

for what its worth

That's great and all. but once again we are looking at hearsay. This Jets org is a tight lipped as anything I've ever seen.  No one knows anything out there. 

I hope that's the case and it may be, but even if it does this tweet, or whatever, by costello would just be like that broken clock. 

1 minute ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I am liking the Gase hire more and more all the time.  His comment about wanting to hire a head coach for the defense, and that he was thinking about not hiring a QB coach confirms that he is going to solely focus on Sam, his development, and the offensive side of the ball.  It makes perfect sense.  Only time will tell but I would think he will make some of us wonder why we ever doubted the hiring.

who knows, at some point, the way things are evolving.  We may see two head coaches, one for offense and one for defense, no DC or OC anymore.  Who knows?

6 minutes ago, usanyj said:

who knows, at some point, the way things are evolving.  We may see two head coaches, one for offense and one for defense, no DC or OC anymore.  Who knows?

Im down with that... With the stupid structure the jets have, then the d coach, o coach, and mac can all report to CJ.  Majority vote wins.  Problems solved!

21 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I have to ask.. may @bitonti take a blood sample for lab testing? We’re trying to see something....

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That's great and all. but once again we are looking at hearsay. This Jets org is a tight lipped as anything I've ever seen.  No one knows anything out there. 

I hope that's the case and it may be, but even if it does this tweet, or whatever, by costello would just be like that broken clock. 

Costello would be the first guy to trash them if Williams went somewhere else after his statement. That's my assessment of Costello as a reporter

Now I'm thinking Williams ain't coming here

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Gregg Williams before being caught for his role in Bounty Gate.

A lot of people act shocked by this, but this stuff was commonplace until maybe 15-20 years ago. Hell, I had an assistant coach in HS who used to talk like this in the locker room.

Cris Carter openly said he had bounties on DBs who tried to injure him

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Costello would be the first guy to trash them if Williams went somewhere else after his statement. That's my assessment of Costello as a reporter

Now I'm thinking Williams ain't coming here

Agree Costello is awful.  He's like a Mehta lite

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:
Thank you!!
It is worth a lot!!!
That is why we post and folks come out here for info and discussion on matters like this so thanks again!!

It got me excited after 2 days of nothing...glad I am not alone

26 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Yeah that sounds great for the specific development of Sam, but the HC duties are vast. In game MGMT alone is a ridiculously entailed task. I am settling in on Gase as well, but I am concerned with comments like that. I think having a QB coach is a good thing. I actually liked what Bruce Arians said in his presser this past week. He said he was doubling the staff to have an entire group of coaches devoted to the younger guys and backups. This will give them more of an opportunity to get reps and attention in practice. He said something like "We give these guys 2-3 reps in practice and then wonder why they don't come in to the game and perform well"   I loved that. 

The benefits of Having more coaches has yet to be fleshed out. Having less coaches than traditional makes me nervous. 

42 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

You'd think he'd be paying the Jets for the chance to work with Jamal Adams.

Archived