Schefter: Jets Finalizing deal for Gregg Williams

k-met57

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Great hire. Between Gase and Williams some players may be in for a rude awakening after 4 years of Bowles.

Time to actually play for what you get paid to do. Gregg is going whip these numb skulls into shape and scheme up some aggressive blitzes and force turnovers. That’s his MO.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness, wtf is the Johnson family rationale here? Just a power/insecurity thing? Everything the Jets do comes off as amateur.

You guys don't get it.

The Jets LOVE to hire defensive head coaches. But there would have literally been people outside of their offices with pitchforks if they'd hired one this time. So they hired Gase to shut up the masses, and brought in Greg Williams to eventually take the job when they send Gase packing.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Great hire. This team had no pulse for the last 4 years. Minus Jamal Adams it was a team of zombies. That’s all about to change.

Fiery coaches who will not accept any selfish and lazy nonsense. This is exactly what we needed.

No “Good Cop Bad Cop” anywhere top 3 guys all Bad Cops. Excited about this staff so far.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We have to wait 10 years after the first one and pretty sure that they want to get the last 3 teams that have never done it. By the time that happens, we’d be eligible again.

Too bad.  Crazy Eyes Gase and Gregg the Bounty Hunter would be entertaining...

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Oh my, Stephen A, probably isn't going to like this...………….Jets are up Poops Creek for sure

Ruh roh. Let's try and track down as much BS as we can by dicks like that. It's so much fun!

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

You guys don't get it.

The Jets LOVE to hire defensive head coaches. But there would have literally been people outside of their offices with pitchforks if they'd hired one this time. So they hired Gase to shut up the masses, and brought in Greg Williams to eventually take the job when they send Gase packing.

Williams will probably report independently to ownership. 

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

You guys don't get it.

There's the negative slant I was waiting for from the SOJF crew. 

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

You guys don't get it.

jets don't hire the established hc mccarthy - jets are morons

jets hire established dc williams - jets are morons

alternate reality.......

jets hire nfl newcomer rhule - jets are morons

jets hire fired college coach klingsbury - jets are morons

conclusion:  jets have to hire people to coach the team.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness, wtf is the Johnson family rationale here? Just a power/insecurity thing? Everything the Jets do comes off as amateur.

They're both brainless trustfund dorks who desperately wish they were Jerry Jones, and they think this is how they get there.

2 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I am liking the Gase hire more and more all the time.  His comment about wanting to hire a head coach for the defense, and that he was thinking about not hiring a QB coach confirms that he is going to solely focus on Sam, his development, and the offensive side of the ball.  It makes perfect sense.  Only time will tell but I would think he will make some of us wonder why we ever doubted the hiring.

i'm liking this as long as he gets a dc that knows the game.  williams seems to fit the bill.  a guy like rex, maybe not.  but it also seems like gase has less interest in the defense than the offense.  by rights the hc needs to have a good grasp of the whole game.  but again, it should work depending on who the jets get.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

i'm liking this as long as he gets a dc that knows the game.  williams seems to fit the bill.  a guy like rex, maybe not.  but it also seems like gase has less interest in the defense than the offense.  by rights the hc needs to have a good grasp of the whole game.  but again, it should work depending on who the jets get.

the better and move involved the DC is with the defense the less gase has to worry about it getting mucked up (like with kacy).  

1 minute ago, Larz said:

If this is official..... and assuming gase is calling the plays on offense....

The jets went from Jeremy Bates and kacy rodgers to Adam Gase and Gregg Williams

That's pretty cool

seriously i don't understand why people don't see how much of an upgrade this is.  not to mention we may actually draft an OL in the first round for the first time since 2006.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

If this is official..... and assuming gase is calling the plays on offense....

The jets went from Jeremy Bates and kacy rodgers to Adam Gase and Gregg Williams

That's pretty cool

Agreed. I wanted McCarthy but I was fine with Gase. Getting williams makes it look better. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the better and move involved the DC is with the defense the less gase has to worry about it getting mucked up (like with kacy).  

well yes but that was mainly because bowles was a defensive guy.  kacy was a place holder.  bowles never got that involved in the offense except when he fired morton for not running or passing or whatever the ball enough.  the point is bowles had little idea of how the offense was supposed to run.  i certainly hope gase has a much better grasp.  and hiring williams means the defense should be in good hands.

Let's see--

• Big Media Market
  • New HC w/attitude and already a media point of interest
  • Loud mouth DC
  • Waaay outspoken Safety Adams who's a media darling
  • QB that the world loves
  • Let's go with the Bell signing

....Gee, who do you think is going to be part of HARD KNOCKS conversation this year.

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

listen: Rex is Rex.  I was never fond of his mouth, and the guy couldn't do crap to help Sanchez, but there is no debating the guy is a great defensive coach.  would make a great DC, but obviously, not with the Jets.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

seriously i don't understand why people don't see how much of an upgrade this is.  not to mention we may actually draft an OL in the first round for the first time since 2006.

Not so sure about that.

Williams D is all about getting after the QB, and press coverage.  Right now the Jets have 0 edge rushers, Williams needs one to make his D work.  I'm sure he has asked them how they are going to deal with their lack of a 4 man pass rush...…….Seems he had other options

Archived