PFF Mock Draft- Top 10

JoJoTownsell1

2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

If Gregg Williams moves to a 4-3 like most of us are speculating....Josh Allen wouldn’t be that great of a fit at DE....he seems to be one of those guys that’s a pure 3-4 edge rusher IMO 

Adapt the system to the players rather than the other way around.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Sounds nice...but Gregg Williams has switched to a 4-3 base pretty much everywhere he’s coached 

Then figure out a way to make it work with Josh Allen at DE. 

Either way we should not be basing our # 3 pick, which will impact the franchise for the next decade one way or the other, on our Defensive Coordinator that has now moved to 8 different cities the last 12 years.

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Either way we should not be basing our # 3 pick, which will impact the franchise for the next decade one way or the other, on our Defensive Coordinator that has now moved to 8 different cities the last 12 years.

Gregg Williams couldnt have built around Lawrence Taylor then. or at least according to carlito.  he doesnt need to play DE either he can be an elite OLB because Allen can cover too. people should watch some damn tape instead of talking out their bungh*les

nice understanding Jetfan80.

If Wlliams cant use Allen then I dont want Williams, its that simple.  Fortunately Williams is smart enough to know Allen can be a hybrid OLB/DE and will be fine in his system, because thats exactly how Allen was used in kentucky. Williams will move Allen around depending on down and distance....that flexibility makes Williams system better

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

not gonna happen... Williams runs a 4-3

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Gregg-Williams-explains-Cleveland-Browns-defensive-scheme-50744876/

"The reason being is this, I have 42 words that add up to the 11 that trot out to the field. You guys that have studied me before, we’ll play 4-3 and 3-4 in the same game. 3-3, 3-2, 4-1, 4-2, bear, big on five down, big on six down, big on more linebackers, little on more DB’s. I have 42 packages of defense.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sounds like your problem is with Gregg Williams and not with whoever we decide to take at 3...

And I’m also factoring in Mac’s tendencies after running 4 going on 5 drafts....he’s tunnel vision when it comes to BPA...so it’s very possible in a heavy DT draft he takes another one over the edge rusher everyone wants so badly 

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Sounds like your problem is with Gregg Williams and whoever we decide to take at 3...

And I’m also factoring in Mac’s tendencies after running 4 going on 5 drafts....he’s tunnel vision when it comes to BPA...so it’s very possible in a heavy DT draft he takes another one over the edge rusher everyone wants so badly 

I have no issue with Gregg Williams.  I like the hire, though I worry a bit about having both an intense HC and intense DC on the same team.  It'll make things interesting, for sure. 

My issue is with basing our franchise's decisions in the draft on a guy who likely won't be here longer than 2-3 seasons. 

The Browns picked Denzel Ward because of Williams.  The pick has mostly worked out, but then again, Bradley Chubb had a fantastic rookie season too.  And Williams is now gone from Cleveland 1 year after making that pick. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

dont waste your time Jetsons mind is made up, he doesnt care what the facts say. We know hes clueless, no need to waste time on someone whose mind is closed.if he cant understand that elite defenders make up elite defenses, thats his problem

The problem isnt williams, the problem is with the idiot who thinks Allen cant be an elite Playmaker in the 4-3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I have no issue with Gregg Williams.  I like the hire, though I worry a bit about having both an intense HC and intense DC on the same team.  It'll make things interesting, for sure. 

My issue is with basing our franchise's decisions in the draft on a guy who likely won't be here longer than 2-3 seasons

The Browns picked Denzel Ward because of Williams.  The pick has mostly worked out, but then again, Bradley Chubb had a fantastic rookie season too.  And Williams is now gone from Cleveland 1 year after making that pick. 

Fair point but the people who are currently in the building are gonna pick who they think they can win with now.....even with the culture of the NFL...NFL should be an acronym for “Not For Long” 

2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

This conversation shouldn’t even be centered around Gregg Williams. It should be centered around Maccagnan and his tunnel vision in taking BPA

Agreed.  But if Williams impacted the pick at # 4 in CLE, he can certainly impact the decision for the Jets at 3. 

It's a rock and hard place situation.  Macc sucks, but I don't want him listening to Williams either.  If we take a corner at 3, get the pitchforks out. 

Just now, carlito1171 said:

Fair point but the people who are currently in the building are gonna pick who they think they can win with now.....even with the culture of the NFL...NFL should be an acronym for “Not For Long”  

Of course, because Macc has to know his leash is short.  And that's dangerous.  A GM with a long leash knows he can make picks with the next 5 years in mind, as he should be doing every year, because he's confident he'll be here to see the fruits of those picks play out. 

A GM who needs to pick players who immediately make him look good will likely end up making the wrong picks for the franchise.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed.  But if Williams impacted the pick at # 4 in CLE, he can certainly impact the decision for the Jets at 3. 

It's a rock and hard place situation.  Macc sucks, but I don't want him listening to Williams either.  If we take a corner at 3, get the pitchforks out. 

I’ve already conditioned myself that we could be taking a Corner. We need a replacement for Tru after we cut him in 1-2 years

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

I’ve already conditioned myself that we could be taking a Corner. We need a replacement for Tru after we cut him in 1-2 years

i really don't think so.  i think it's either edge rusher or LT, and I think the guy who will be in the mix when all is said and done is the greg little from ole miss who sounds like a brickashaw clone.

9 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I'm holding out hope that Williams can get the most out of Trumaine.  When Williams was DC in STL/LA, Johnson had 11 INT, 34 PD's, 2 FR's and 2 TD's over 3 seasons playing under him.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i really don't think so.  i think it's either edge rusher or LT, and I think the guy who will be in the mix when all is said and done is the greg little from ole miss who sounds like a brickashaw clone.

There are guys like Cody Ford and David Edwards that will start to be mentioned routinely as top 15 prospects, Ford could be a top 5 guy when it’s all said and done. 

I don’t think Little is a D’Brickashaw clone however.  

2 hours ago, billneftleberg said:

insane, those of you who would bypass allen if hes there, because there is no guarantee that he will be there at 3 anyway, Are literally insane. You draft for impact. not need. do we need an offensive lineman yes. but none of the tackles are worth picking at 3. period. yes you can trade down. BUT WHEN YOU PASS ON THE CLOSEST THING IVE SEEN SINCE LAWRENCE TAYLOR was at North Carolina, to move down,Then you are batsh*t crazy

Im telling you right now if he's there and you Pass on him youre gonna regret it for a decade And Every single one of you who suggested passing on him will lie to everyone saying you wanted the Jets to draft him till your old and gray. This kid isnt a one trick pony Like Vern Gholston, he can move around the line and play in space and cover the intermediate zone and if you havent watched video of this kid you should...

as I say Im doubtful he will be there for us because SF has a good staff and they can see what most of you dumb lot cant, but after drafting edge rushers the Last few years, im praying they go in a different direction like Bosa if Kingsbury gets his wish and takes Murray. But Ill say it again. If Allen is there and we Pass on him, we deserve to not win a Super Bowl for another 50 years.

And those of you who disagree. I guarantee you havent watched video of him, because if you had you wouldnt be saying to pass on him. Peter King, of MMQB said Recently that Allen has the most upside of any defensive Player in this draft and he is only going to get Better

so go watch some damn video because youre NUTZ

I absolutely understand your point and under virtually any other circumstance I would agree.  But the Jets are in a very unique situation right now.  Everything they do should be about building a team around Darnold, protecting him and getting him weapons.

If you could trade down and pick up two linemen and a WR in the first two rounds - I think you have to do it.

The offense is so deplete of talent that you don't have luxury of taking a guy like Allen.  

The D has enough talent to compete as is - Build an explosive offense around your young QB and this becomes a playoff team.

If you Add a pass rusher - but still can't protect Darnold you're still a 6 to 8 win team.

1 hour ago, billneftleberg said:

insane, those of you who would bypass allen if hes there, because there is no guarantee that he will be there at 3 anyway, Are literally insane. You draft for impact. not need. do we need an offensive lineman yes. but none of the tackles are worth picking at 3. period. yes you can trade down. BUT WHEN YOU PASS ON THE CLOSEST THING IVE SEEN SINCE LAWRENCE TAYLOR was at North Carolina, to move down,Then you are batsh*t crazy

Im telling you right now if he's there and you Pass on him youre gonna regret it for a decade And Every single one of you who suggested passing on him will lie to everyone saying you wanted the Jets to draft him till your old and gray. This kid isnt a one trick pony Like Vern Gholston, he can move around the line and play in space and cover the intermediate zone and if you havent watched video of this kid you should...

as I say Im doubtful he will be there for us because SF has a good staff and they can see what most of you dumb lot cant, but after drafting edge rushers the Last few years, im praying they go in a different direction like Bosa if Kingsbury gets his wish and takes Murray. But Ill say it again. If Allen is there and we Pass on him, we deserve to not win a Super Bowl for another 50 years.

And those of you who disagree. I guarantee you havent watched video of him, because if you had you wouldnt be saying to pass on him. Peter King, of MMQB said Recently that Allen has the most upside of any defensive Player in this draft and he is only going to get Better

so go watch some damn video because youre NUTZ

As far as I’m concerned for the Jets IF they stay, and pick at #3 it’s a 2 player draft Allen, and Bosa.  The only scenario I don’t trade out of that pick is if one of those 2 players is on the board.

NOW as far as trading back should the Cardinals, and Raiders think both Allen, and Bosa are to good to pass on, and stay, and pick both then the next 2 players I’m looking at today are 2 players that don’t play what I would consider foundation positions that should ALWAYS be your targets especially in the top half of the 1st round.

Those positions IMO are QB, LT, offensive playmaker don’t care what his position is actually called as long as he is considered the type of player that can well make a difference at any time in any game IE Julio, AJ Green, Saquan, McCaffery, Gurley, M Gordon to name a few who are what they were touted to be, and drafted very high, and on D edge rusher, CB, and either a beast NT if your playing a 3-4 like a Kris Jenkins these guys don’t come along to often, or in a 4-3 a dominant DT who if isn’t double teamed he will disrupt the play every time run, or pass, see Aaron Donald, Warren Sapp, and a few others that have slipped my mind.

The 2 players I’d be most interested in again TODAY in a trade back scenario especially IF the Jets get G Williams, and change to a 4-3 are the MLB from Georgia that just entered the draft early, or Guard Jonah Williams (yes he is a Guard at the NFL level for all you guys who just read generic info on guys being touted as high end 1st round picks they will list him as LT since that’s where Alabama played him this past year, but anyone who actually pays attention KNOWS this kid will either be an All Pro Guard in the NFL, or an ok LT that can’t handle guys with elite quick twitch moves, and guys who can bend around the corner like Gumby at full speed he has  ? arms perfect for a Guard, not ideal for a Tackle).

In Williams D that would push both Lee, and Avery Williamson to Sam, and Will backers, if they drafted the MLB, and in a scenario where the Jets add at least 1 big time edge rusher in the 4-3 via FA like Clowney, or Lawrence, projecting L Williams to excel where he belongs as a 4-3 DT (he could be that dominant DT in the 4-3 I mentioned earlier that you can rightfully draft high high without WTF’s because of the position), Adams, and whoever plays FS I’d doubt it would be Maye he is either injured, and before injury it was borderline to even call him a FS he is ideally a SS IMO, and should be 3rd Safety on Big Nickel packages, Tru a lot of people are down on him, and I get it, but I still think across a 16 game season when used as a man to man cover guy lined up at the LOS especially on 3rd downs, resign Mo, or grab the kid from SD, and that would be a nasty D, BUT taking a MLB early in the 1st round you better be 100% correct he is gonna be the next Kuechley, or Lewis.

In a 4-3 D Ed Oliver could work his way into the conversation at 3 should he project to be Aaron Donald like dominant, I really hope not though.

19 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Now I know some here hate PFF, but they are very well respected around the league. The reason this mock is important is because it shows Murray going in the top 10, along with Haskins which means the teams that need QBS will likely want to trade up to get them. That significantly increases our chances of landing Bosa at 3 or being able to trade back and still get a top 4-5 player at the #7 spot. 

i'm hopin' we can " trade-down "   ?

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

As far as I’m concerned for the Jets IF they stay, and pick at #3 it’s a 2 player draft Allen, and Bosa.  The only scenario I don’t trade out of that pick is if one of those 2 players is on the board.

NOW as far as trading back should the Cardinals, and Raiders think both Allen, and Bosa are to good to pass on, and stay, and pick both then the next 2 players I’m looking at today are 2 players that don’t play what I would consider foundation positions that should ALWAYS be your targets especially in the top half of the 1st round.

Those positions IMO are QB, LT, offensive playmaker don’t care what his position is actually called as long as he is considered the type of player that can well make a difference at any time in any game IE Julio, AJ Green, Saquan, McCaffery, Gurley, M Gordon to name a few who are what they were touted to be, and drafted very high, and on D edge rusher, CB, and either a beast NT if your playing a 3-4 like a Kris Jenkins these guys don’t come along to often, or in a 4-3 a dominant DT who if isn’t double teamed he will disrupt the play every time run, or pass, see Aaron Donald, Warren Sapp, and a few others that have slipped my mind.

The 2 players I’d be most interested in again TODAY in a trade back scenario especially IF the Jets get G Williams, and change to a 4-3 are the MLB from Georgia that just entered the draft early, or Guard Jonah Williams (yes he is a Guard at the NFL level for all you guys who just read generic info on guys being touted as high end 1st round picks they will list him as LT since that’s where Alabama played him this past year, but anyone who actually pays attention KNOWS this kid will either be an All Pro Guard in the NFL, or an ok LT that can’t handle guys with elite quick twitch moves, and guys who can bend around the corner like Gumby at full speed he has  ? arms perfect for a Guard, not ideal for a Tackle).

In Williams D that would push both Lee, and Avery Williamson to Sam, and Will backers, if they drafted the MLB, and in a scenario where the Jets add at least 1 big time edge rusher in the 4-3 via FA like Clowney, or Lawrence, projecting L Williams to excel where he belongs as a 4-3 DT (he could be that dominant DT in the 4-3 I mentioned earlier that you can rightfully draft high high without WTF’s because of the position), Adams, and whoever plays FS I’d doubt it would be Maye he is either injured, and before injury it was borderline to even call him a FS he is ideally a SS IMO, and should be 3rd Safety on Big Nickel packages, Tru a lot of people are down on him, and I get it, but I still think across a 16 game season when used as a man to man cover guy lined up at the LOS especially on 3rd downs, resign Mo, or grab the kid from SD, and that would be a nasty D, BUT taking a MLB early in the 1st round you better be 100% correct he is gonna be the next Kuechley, or Lewis.

In a 4-3 D Ed Oliver could work his way into the conversation at 3 should he project to be Aaron Donald like dominant, I really hope not though.

Great post, and I agree wholeheartedly. If Arizona and SF takes Bosa and Allen then I will be disappointed and I do see a drop off talent wise. I'd hope that we could get an interested team to trade up. But realistically if that were to happen, those teams wouldn't trade to 3 as then they would be leaving room to be jumped by others.

you're right too that there really aren't any sure thing Tackles in this draft or Id look in that direction, but sadly there's no Jonathan Ogdens out there. Quinnen Williams is a solid choice but not the physical freak Allen is. Worse comes to Worst we move down grab Juwaan Taylor, (an OT who has room to improve) and try to get a 2nd to replace the one we traded in the move down. Possibly with the Jaguars who might be convinced to trade up for K. Murray.

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I absolutely understand your point and under virtually any other circumstance I would agree.  But the Jets are in a very unique situation right now.  Everything they do should be about building a team around Darnold, protecting him and getting him weapons.

If you could trade down and pick up two linemen and a WR in the first two rounds - I think you have to do it.

The offense is so deplete of talent that you don't have luxury of taking a guy like Allen.  

The D has enough talent to compete as is - Build an explosive offense around your young QB and this becomes a playoff team.

If you Add a pass rusher - but still can't protect Darnold you're still a 6 to 8 win team.

The problem is there is no O-line player worth a pick in the top 6. We hopefully won't draft this high again. Ideally you maximize the returns while you can. Otherwise you never get high impact players. You have to take them when you can.

Archived