Adams reacts to Gregg Williams

Untouchable

17 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

Why did cleveland let him go? He did really well as their interim head coach, why didn't they retain him at least to be their D. C.? Love the hire, just a curious about  that... 

Yea that is a burning question. Did he insist on being given the HC gig? Perhaps. Eventually the truth leaks out so it will be interesting to find out. Regardless, we got the guy we need to finally put a real defense on the field that we haven’t had since Rex first took over.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Are you F#king blind!? He made the Pro Bowl, All-Pro Team and was the #2 Safety in the league per PFF. 

What more needs to be done for you to shove a cork(not my first choice of word) in it?

Humble yourself, jackass. The guy plays safety well and he plays it at an extremely high level in year TWO of his career. Nobody here will dispute that. Not even T0m. You are the only one who truly thinks that he can’t play Safety well. 

It’s old.

The guy does have a point even if it's not made well. Both Williams and Adams are type A personalities and those relationships can be tricky and usually don't end well.

Why do guys who love Adams always give his resume? No one doubts his ability, at least I don't. My main problem with Adams is his mouth. He has gotten better but one day it will get him in trouble. Especially now that we have a DC who takes no sh*t. If they butt heads it could become a situation that will affect the team and if they don't have success right away it could be a factor. Hopefully things work out but with these type A guys you never know.

Dude Didnt discipline baker for his twitter antics 

some of you guys are reaching if you think there’s gonna be a issue here I’m sure Williams will love a hard Working player in Jamal  that brings it every day.  And we know Gase already loves him . 

20 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The guy does have a point even if it's not made well. Both Williams and Adams are type A personalities and those relationships can be tricky and usually don't end well.

Why do guys who love Adams always give his resume? No one doubts his ability, at least I don't. My main problem with Adams is his mouth. He has gotten better but one day it will get him in trouble. Especially now that we have a DC who takes no sh*t. If they butt heads it could become a situation that will affect the team and if they don't have success right away it could be a factor. Hopefully things work out but with these type A guys you never know.

Maybe you missed the part where he said Williams can teach him How to play safety which was a direct shot at his ability . 

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Are you F#king blind!? He made the Pro Bowl, All-Pro Team and was the #2 Safety in the league per PFF. 

What more needs to be done for you to shove a cork(not my first choice of word) in it?

Humble yourself, jackass. The guy plays safety well and he plays it at an extremely high level in year TWO of his career. Nobody here will dispute that. Not even T0m. You are the only one who truly thinks that he can’t play Safety well. 

It’s old.

*Second team All Pro

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

if you seriously think that Jamal Adams some how “sucks” after the amazing season that he just had.

Amazing!? 

You grew up getting trophies for finishing in 9th place, didnt you ?

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s old.

Please communicate your point without namecalling or take your own advice and shove a cork in it. Thanks. . Either is fine. 

6 hours ago, BigO said:

Kiss my jackazz. You little twerp you know jacksheet about football. You’ll be on several anti depressants when Adams’ game is uncovered to be what he is...nothing more than a self promoting cheerleader. 

72B4B9B3-AA99-4795-882E-DD2EB6F16DE4.jpeg

I know he started with the namecalling but everyone here knows the rules. Discuss things without breaking the rules or get a break till Valentines day. Choose wisely. 

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Please communicate your point without namecalling or take your own advice and shove a cork in it. Thanks. . Either is fine. 

My bad, Crush. I have no intentions of keeping this going with him. Bad look on my part for name calling. I can win a battles of the wits without the extras involved.

keep crushin’‼️

Let me help out my Jet bro @Patriot Killa

Are you F#king blind!?  not seeing very well?  He made the Pro Bowl, All-Pro Team and was the #2 Safety in the league per PFF. 

What more needs to be done for you to shove a cork(not my first choice of word) in it?  speak with a more positive attitude? 

Humble yourself, jackass Mr. Ed.  The guy plays safety well and he plays it at an extremely high level in year TWO of his career. Nobody here will dispute that. Not even T0m (yes he will) You are the only one who truly thinks that he can’t play Safety well. 

It’s old.

7 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Why did cleveland let him go? He did really well as their interim head coach, why didn't they retain him at least to be their D. C.? Love the hire, just a curious about  that... 

Teams move on, and people move on. Often people (or teams) just want a clean slate. Just in general, sometimes individuals make career decisions for themselves irrespective of what seems on paper like one franchise's best interests, and sometimes these prove to be poor decisions.

Could also be some ego, where Williams didn't wouldn't accept a TE/RB coach, who was his underling after their interim promotions, to be his new boss.

Maybe rookie HC Kitchens didn't want someone with his decades of experience/clout boasting that he knows better about everything, let alone sticking out to the FO as an easy interim HC they can shift over to if the Browns get off to another bad start.

Maybe Kitchens was also not impressed with only 2 teams surrendering more yards than the Browns last year, nor that he hasn't overseen a clear top 10 unit on D for 8 straight seasons and counting. 

Maybe they just flat out don't like each other, lol.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Adams is a good player but needs to check that self promoting twitter mouth.

G. Williams has said in the past that he doesnt care for self promoting players.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out if he is in fact the DC.

Exactly what this yapping dog needs. Someone to tell him to STFU. 

24 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Let me help out my Jet bro @Patriot Killa

Are you F#king blind!?  not seeing very well?  He made the Pro Bowl, All-Pro Team and was the #2 Safety in the league per PFF. 

What more needs to be done for you to shove a cork(not my first choice of word) in it?  speak with a more positive attitude? 

Humble yourself, jackass Mr. Ed.  The guy plays safety well and he plays it at an extremely high level in year TWO of his career. Nobody here will dispute that. Not even T0m (yes he will) You are the only one who truly thinks that he can’t play Safety well. 

It’s old.

Much better. Adams still sucks though. 

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Teams move on, and people move on. Often people (or teams) just want a clean slate. Just in general, sometimes individuals make career decisions for themselves irrespective of what seems on paper like one franchise's best interests, and sometimes these prove to be poor decisions.

Could also be some ego, where Williams didn't wouldn't accept a TE/RB coach, who was his underling after their interim promotions, to be his new boss.

Maybe rookie HC Kitchens didn't want someone with his decades of experience/clout boasting that he knows better about everything, let alone sticking out to the FO as an easy interim HC they can shift over to if the Browns get off to another bad start.

Maybe Kitchens was also not impressed with only 2 teams surrendering more yards than the Browns last year, nor that he hasn't overseen a clear top 10 unit on D for 8 straight seasons and counting. 

Maybe they just flat out don't like each other, lol.

The bold was what I was just thinking as well, as I would think is just normal human reaction for anyone.  We're talking about a guy who was an unknown low-level assistant a few months ago in Kitchens.  He then get a promotion that ultimately put him in a position that had him reporting directly to Williams.  The team then goes back to Williams and says, they want to demote him, and instead promote this other guy with about .01% of the track record of Williams, who found the only success that led to this offer while reporting to him for 2 months.  There are very few people in the world who would be particularly happy with this kind of situation.  I'm sure he had no concerns about finding himself another job, so there's no reason for him to accept it.

Those others are all options too, but the point being is even if the Browns/Kitchens did make the offer, I'd consider it very unlikely Williams would take it.

Archived