With Bowles In TB ...

KRL

1 minute ago, KRL said:

I won't be shocked if you hear rumors about trading them players
who fit his 3-4 but may not fit Williams 4-3:

Leonard Williams
Mike Pennel
Jordan Jenkins

Didn't you hear? Leo Williams will be All-Pro under Williams in the 4-3! NO way he gets traded. 

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Trade him Trumaine haha

Tru played for and loved Williams on the Rams. Unless he's injured I expect a marked difference in Tru's play in 2019.

It seems like both Williams and Gase adapt their schemes based on their players strengths. This is much different from our past HC/DC's who stayed hard and fast to their schemes. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Tru played for and loved Williams on the Rams. Unless he's injured I expect a marked difference in Tru's play in 2019.

It seems like both Williams and Gase adapt their schemes based on their players strengths. This is much different from our past HC/DC's who stayed hard and fast to their schemes. 

Yeah, but Trumaine might want to continue his extended vacation in the warmth down in Tampa w/TB ?

If he would take Skrine, I'm listening.  

Fun fact though....How many PI calls did Skrine have against him last season?  

Answer: 3.  Feels like a lot more because he had two in the same game late in the season.  He had a facemask and a roughing as well but I was surprised.  Still, I don't see him working out well under Gregg Williams.

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Answer: 3.  Feels like a lot more because he had two in the same game late in the season.  He had a facemask and a roughing as well but I was surprised.  Still, I don't see him working out well under Gregg Williams.

Please God got rid of him

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Lee deserves a shot to play weak side OLB in a 4-3.  Its his natural position and should allow him to thrive with his speed.

Agreed.  And I think a rotation of Leo, McClendon and Harry Anderson in the middle of a 4-man front would be pretty effective.  I don't think any of them would be natural DEs and I'm not sure have one on the roster.  And would Avery Williamson be a natural Mike?

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Skrine is a FA

15 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Agreed.  And I think a rotation of Leo, McClendon and Harry Anderson in the middle of a 4-man front would be pretty effective.  I don't think any of them would be natural DEs and I'm not sure have one on the roster.  And would Avery Williamson be a natural Mike?

Avery could not cover his grandmother

12 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Leo made his name at USC as a strongside 4-3 end.

I’d absolutely want to see what he can do in this new defense before cutting ties with him.

This. Williams on strong side and draft somebody like Clelin Ferrell for the weak side (predominantly non TE, yes I know formations change that). But I’d love to see this. We’d really need to find a guy(s) for the middle though. Big NT/DT combo. 

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This. Williams on strong side and draft somebody like Clelin Ferrell for the weak side (predominantly non TE, yes I know formations change that). But I’d love to see this. We’d really need to find a guy(s) the middle. Big NT/DT combo. 

Ferrell wouldn’t be a bad pick, but I’d honestly prefer Williams/Oliver in this defense if we can’t land Bosa.

Especially if a dude like Clowney makes it to the FA market. Even if not, go chase someone like Ziggy Ansah or Brandon Graham to play opposite Leo.

That’s pretty much the ideal scenario for me at least.

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This. Williams on strong side and draft somebody like Clelin Ferrell for the weak side (predominantly non TE, yes I know formations change that). But I’d love to see this. We’d really need to find a guy(s) for the middle though. Big NT/DT combo. 

Ah...forgot that about Leo.  That would be excellent indeed.  As for the middle, Wouldn't McClendon and Anderson be solid if not spectacular?  Anderson is 6'6" 300 lbs.  And we've seen that he can move.

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I find it practically unbelievable that Bowles and Bates and KC Rogers did stay hard to their scemes and didn’t adapt to players strengths. It’s all on Bowles and the results of his one sidedness are pretty apparent. I think our players might be a lot better than our record shows with some good coaches. Can’t wait to see the results of good coaching. 

Archived