Trumaine Johnson

Jetsfan80

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I just noticed that, somehow, Johnson got a 74.9 grade from PFF this past season, ranking him the # 25 corner in the NFL. 

The only way that's true is if all of the following are simultaneously true:

• Corner play league-wide is really that bad;
  • PFF is grading him on a curve because our system was bad;
  • PFF is also grading him on a curve because we couldn't generate an organic pass rush.

It's much simpler. They count every play not just the ones that stand out 

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I just noticed that, somehow, Johnson got a 74.9 grade from PFF this past season, ranking him the # 25 corner in the NFL. 

The only way that's true is if all of the following are simultaneously true:

• Corner play league-wide is really that bad;
  • PFF is grading him on a curve because our system was bad;
  • PFF is also grading him on a curve because we couldn't generate an organic pass rush.

No it’s because all us Jets fans including the ones who have turned on him just don’t realize how special that 3-4 year window Revis gave us, EVERY single CB considered CB1 will NEVER be good enough in most people’s eyes no matter what because they just don’t comprehend how amazing Revis really was.

But first bullet Point is also tru, and based off of that Tru is actually a very good player, and can be great when he doesn’t quit on routes when he thinks the ball isn’t gonna come his way.

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trumaine's stats with Gregg Williams (2012, 2014-16):

• 13 INT's, 42 PD's, 194 tackles (166 solo), 7 TFL's in 53 games

Trumaine's stats without Gregg Williams (2013, 2017-18):

• 9 INT's, 30 PD's, 173 tackles (150 solo), 3 TFL's in 42 games

Honestly I was hoping for a better split.  His best season by far (2015), was under Williams, however.  7 INT's, 1 TD, 17 PD's, 71 tackles (58 solo), 1 TFL, 1 FR.

At 29 and getting paid the kind of money he is, let's hope Williams unleashes 2015 Trumaine here in 2019. 

If I’m reading this right, the top split includes 4 seasons, and the bottom split includes 3 seasons.  So I wanted to average out, his per game stats to see an apples-to-apples comparison. PER GAME stats are as follows:

(With Gregg) 0.24 INTs, 0.79 PD, 3.6 tackles (3.13 solo), 0.13 TFL

(w/o Gregg): 0.21 INTs, 0.71 PD, 4.11 tackles (3.57 solo), 0.07 TFL

We see a decline in pass defense stats (INTs, and PD), but it appears his non-Gregg coordinators relied on him to make tackles, or, the front-7 in Gregg defenses tackle that much better, but we also see that his TFL dropped almost 50% w/o Gregg.

interesting. 

11 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

One of the top reasons I like this move - he will use Trumaine the way he's supposed to be used and make our investment much more worthwhile.

The Redskins signed Albert Haynesworth and tried using him the way he was used with Tennessee but that project failed because of lack of effort. 

Williams can use Johnson correctly and he can still be unsuccessful. Johnson has to want it! 

Bad Team+ Bad Personnel +Bad Pass Rush + Bad defensive scheme + Bad attitude + Bad Coaching + Poor health + Poor decisions + Poor adjustments + playing 10 yards off the receiver  =  Poor Statistical Rating!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        * Poor officiating and Poor rules implementation/interpretation {contributing factors}

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're not wrong here.

Bowles' biggest failures were on the defensive side of the ball, and for his stubborn support of keeping his friend at DC while simultaneously firing OC's.  Made zero sense.

This may be true ... With so many failures to choose from I can't be certain

Archived