So what the hell WOULD make you happy!?

21 minutes ago, Pac said:

The same 10 loud guys make it seem like there's a lot of discontent in jet land when in reality they just post more often than the rest..  we have infinitely better coaching on and Macc is about to go to town on FA and the draft but they'd rather quibble about gossip. 

Yes. Go Big Macc! He did so great the last time he had 100 million dollars to spend!

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

I did not know what to think of him when he came here.  So I went benefit of the doubt mode.  But that Buffalo game at the end of his first year enraged me, and made me bail on him.

You knew what he was a lot sooner than me. Kudos

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I like when people buttfumble me but don’t respond to the post in which I asked questions. It validates my point of view quite nicely. 

You don’t have to be validated.  I never once said we were a world class organization.  I’ve said many times that the Johnson brothers are morons and maccagnan has not done his job other than Drafting Darnold and Adams.  However this coaching staff is an upgrade and we have a young franchise QB so that’s a reason to be more optimistic. By the way I’m sorry the “butt fumble” hurt your feelings ?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

You don’t have to be validated.  I never once said we were a world class organization.  I’ve said many times that the Johnson brothers are morons and maccagnan has not done his job other than Drafting Darnold and Adams.  However this coaching staff is an upgrade and we have a young franchise QB so that’s a reason to be more optimistic. By the way I’m sorry the “butt fumble” hurt your feelings ?

So you think Johnsons are bad and Macc is bad but with their powers combined they got the coaching search right?! Really?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So you think Johnsons are bad and Macc is bad but with their powers combined they got the coaching search right?! Really?

Again like I said Maccagnan has to prove himself. If he ****s up he is gone..simple as that.  However we really have no choice but to give him the chance. Better option than whining like a girl I guess

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Again like I said Maccagnan has to prove himself. If he ****s up he is gone..simple as that.  However we really have no choice but to give him the chance. Better option than whining like a girl I guess

Yes. Macc who has been a bottom of the league chooser of talent is definitely going to choose the right coach. Good one. Anyway, if you’re good to hurl insults and personal attacks, please don’t be a misogynistic dolt. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's not so much the hiring of Williams as it is the insistence that whomever they hired as HC had to agree to him as well. Pretty crappy way to do business. Hiring Williams is fine, but the entire process through which hiring both Gase and Williams happened really showed how inept the Johnson brothers, Macaggnan, and the entire franchise is. Hiring a coordinator before hiring the head coach is ******* dumb. And not giving the head coach of a NFL team the right to pick and choose his staff is indefensible.

Reality is we can blame GM's, HC's, or whatever for the demise of this franchise for the past decade, but the incompetence begins at the top and it doesn't look like much changed this offseason based on the way things went down. This franchise has never done anything to inspire confidence from its fans so I'm not sure what they did this time around that's supposed to change that.

We have no evidence that it happened this way.  I think the Jets wanted to feel out Williams early in the process, to gauge his interest and let him know that they considered him to be a good candidate.  There's nothing wrong with that.  When they considered the "Hot college offensive minded geniuses"  they knew they would have to balance their inexperience with an experienced  Defensive Coordinator/ Senior advisor. Williams also fit that bill.  I have no problem with that either.  When the Rhule "romance" failed and they turned  their attention to Gase, they held off on Williams and completed the deal while Williams was put on the back burner.  No problem with that.  Then they announced Gase and gave him the opportunity to feel out Williams to see if they could work together and "were on the same page", philosophically and personality compatible.  What's wrong with that.  Gase signed off on Williams and he was hired.  If we had lost Williams while we were busy in the interview process, people would have gone ballistic.  Now we have what is pretty universally hailed as a good solid hire and some complain about "the process"  Bottom line from all appearances Gase is happy with it, Ownership is happy with it, the " GM" is happy with it, and the fan base should be happy with it.  That is without even mentioning Boyer, who was the only Coach on the previous staff who deserved to be retained. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. Macc who has been a bottom of the league chooser of talent is definitely going to choose the right coach. Good one. Anyway, if you’re good to hurl insults and personal attacks, please don’t be a misogynistic dolt. 

Wow you are more sensitive than I thought lol.  Your bullsh*t aside I feel I’ve been very fair.  I’ve called out Chris Johnson and Macc, I wanted Mike McCarthy hired but I wasn’t upset with Gase because I think he can be a good coach and getting Gregg Williams helps because now he can focus on Sam and the offense.  So once again I’m giving Macc one last chance but that doesn’t mean I’m not nervous but I choose not to be miserable and negative.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Hired a Miami Dolphin castoff - with a losing record...and is consistently called an offensive genius yet hasn't produced an offense outside of the bottom 3rd of the league.

I think the hope for many fans would be to hire someone that has delivered even a modicum of success.

Just think of Arizona....they hired a losing college HC, fired by his Alma Mater, who had never coached in the NFL.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

HOW DARE SOMEONE NOT BE EXACTLY AS HAPPY ABOUT THIS THING AS I AM! 

I AM OUTRAGE!!!!!  MOAR POST ABOUT IT!!!!!

The OP has a point. There are some posters here who are absolutely mired in negativity. And don't tell me they're realists. That's BS. It becomes a personality trait when literally no matter what the Jets do the response is to find fault with it. I can't see any reason to apologize for our current situation. It's better than it has been for a long time. Reason for hope, at least for some of us.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Hate to break it to you, but a lot of you guys whine more than my two girls ever did.  I would have killed them.

Lets keep it real. ?

Just now, HelenOfTroy said:

Hate to break it to you, but a lot of you guys whine more than my two girls ever did.  I would have killed them.

Lets keep it real. ?

You can say a lot of things about me but whining is not one of them. I try to stay positive even through tough times

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

The OP has a point. There are some posters here who are absolutely mired in negativity. And don't tell me they're realists. That's BS. It becomes a personality trait when literally no matter what the Jets do the response is to find fault with it. I can't see any reason to apologize for our current situation. It's better than it has been for a long time. Reason for hope, at least for some of us.

Like everything, there are small, often vocal, minorities on both extreme sides of any issue or topic.

For every negative nancy who finds nothing good about our offseason moves, there is a homer who thinks these moves were literally the perfect storn of greatness and we're now Super Bowl bound in 2019.

I generally find it best to mock both sides and move on with my day.  Clearly, reality is never so simple as all or nothing.

With that said, I haven't seen the "universal negative" this cycle to the degree some claim.  All and all, the forum seems generally ok, content, even if grudging, on these moves (Gase) and mostly supportive of the others (Williams & the ST coach).

So sure, I suppose the OP has a point, especially if one leans Homer, but I'm just not seeing it.  Only criticism I'm seeing is A. duded got crazy eyes and B. His Offenses in Miami were pretty weak.  Both true.  So whats the issue here really?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Lets keep it real. ?

All due respect, if you're another one of those Johnny Come Darnold USC Fans who just come because of him......you have no idea.

Stick around for 50 years, then tell us what you think.  Till then, yeah....

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's not so much the hiring of Williams as it is the insistence that whomever they hired as HC had to agree to him as well. Pretty crappy way to do business. Hiring Williams is fine, but the entire process through which hiring both Gase and Williams happened really showed how inept the Johnson brothers, Macaggnan, and the entire franchise is. Hiring a coordinator before hiring the head coach is ******* dumb. And not giving the head coach of a NFL team the right to pick and choose his staff is indefensible.

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

How about not hiring your coordinators first, and dictating your HC hire by who's willing to be okay with that?

What organizations with a multi-billion dollar market cap can you cite where a newbie can come in off the street, be hired into a middle management position (which basically the HC of the NYJ is), and fire/hire the complete organization below him with total autonomy from management?  If you don't like the Johnson's, you don't like the Johnson's.  That's your right. But this argument that they should write checks to whoever the HC wants to hire without input is weak.  

You want to put a rock star in there like Jim Harbaugh, maybe that's the price of admission.  But Matt Freakin' Rhule?  C'mon man...

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

You can say a lot of things about me but whining is not one of them. I try to stay positive even through tough times

I was actually teasing.  I was also, more or less, agreeing with your “what else can we do.”

I’m old enough to know what it’s like to lose, lose bad, for 20 years....walking out of our stadium to the taunting of opposing fans to “Overrated U”.  

Believe it or not, sometimes it’s just as bad losing after knowing great success, as losing and never knowing continued success.

My boards are unbearable right now; gloom, doom and hyperbole.

20 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

What organizations with a multi-billion dollar market cap can you cite where a newbie can come in off the street, be hired into a middle management position (which basically the HC of the NYJ is), and fire/hire the complete organization below him with total autonomy from management?  If you don't like the Johnson's, you don't like the Johnson's.  That's your right. But this argument that they should write checks to whoever the HC wants to hire without input is weak.  

You want to put a rock star in there like Jim Harbaugh, maybe that's the price of admission.  But Matt Freakin' Rhule?  C'mon man...

Hc isnt middle management. That's absurd

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Then, you don't consider a Matt Rhule.  It's his coaching staff, he should be in charge of it.  The rumor was also that they did this with McCarthy too.

19 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Pretty much all of them. 

The HC is NOT middle management - it's senior management.

Let's say you're The National Head of Sales for a large organization.  You are absolutely deciding who your regional sales managers are - no one is dictating to you who you hire.

IMO - Not allowing the HC to pick his own staff says one of two things.

1) The owner simply doesn't trust the coach - therefor you really shouldn't be hiring him

Or

2) You are power hungry and the success of the team is secondary to your desire to hold on to power.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Like everything, there are small, often vocal, minorities on both extreme sides of any issue or topic.

For every negative nancy who finds nothing good about our offseason moves, there is a homer who thinks these moves were literally the perfect storn of greatness and we're now Super Bowl bound in 2019.

I generally find it best to mock both sides and move on with my day.  Clearly, reality is never so simple as all or nothing.

With that said, I haven't seen the "universal negative" this cycle to the degree some claim.  All and all, the forum seems generally ok, content, even if grudging, on these moves (Gase) and mostly supportive of the others (Williams & the ST coach).

So sure, I suppose the OP has a point, especially if one leans Homer, but I'm just not seeing it.  Only criticism I'm seeing is A. duded got crazy eyes and B. His Offenses in Miami were pretty weak.  Both true.  So whats the issue here really?

That's fair enough. Lean Homer = glass half full. Lean Skeptic = glass half empty. I can live with that. But I do get tired of the guys who literally make a trade of knocking EVERY move, every player, every coach, and actually do so with this kind of smug, ain't I clever routine that gets really old. A little optimism occasionally serves to provide a modicum of balance. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, CTM said:

Hc isnt middle management. That's absurd

Point taken.  Even if he is "senior" management, the Johnson's and Neil Glat still run the team.  They are upper management.  The GM and the Executive Staff work for them. Then come the coaches (altho I'll concede Gase reports directly to CJ).  Just because there aren't 12 layers here doesn't change how the organization is set up. I see no reason why upper management should concede total autonomy to a HC to build a staff, especially when a) he just got fired from his previous lateral job, or b) he has no experience at the current level of proposed employment.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/front-office-roster/

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Pretty much all of them. 

Let's say you're The National Head of Sales for a large organization.  You are absolutely deciding who your regional sales managers are - no one is dictating to you who you hire.

1) The owner simply doesn't trust the coach - therefor you really shouldn't be hiring him

Or

2) You are power hungry and the success of the team is secondary to your desire to hold on to power.

If you got fired as a National Sales Manager at a competing firm, or worked in that capacity in a smaller firm and were hired at a new firm, I simply don't believe upper management is going to grant you full autonomy to fire the entire Regional staff and bring in whoever you want.  But that also makes you probably right on #1 above regarding trust...

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Pretty much all of them. 

Or

So the owners still want control but they’ll sign checks to Kacey Rogers for 4 YEARS....I’m confused.  The autonomy over their coaches makes as much sense to me as Maccagnan’s “building” of a roster.

43 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

So the owners still want control but they’ll sign checks to Kacey Rogers for 4 YEARS....I’m confused.  The autonomy over their coaches makes as much sense to me as Maccagnan’s “building” of a roster.

My guess is the Bowles’ contract said that he had control over his assistants and coordinators.

If he was pushed on the point, Bowles resisted, and he was ultimately fired.   

13 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Lets keep it real. ?

Whining occurs on every sports message board.  It's the nature of the beast.  But thanks so much for your evaluation of our board.  I'm sure it will effect dramatic change in the posting here.  :rolleyes: