Why Gase didn't get an interview with Denver, and does it matter?

Jetsfan80

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I really think you should re-evaluate your use of the word 'terrible'.

i mean, yea he won with peyton, but other then that that team has made pretty bad choices during the draft and given some bad contracts. u know its not a great environment when kubiak who is supposedly  tight with elway bolts over differences.

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It's easy to understand why he wasn't a candidate now, the bigger question would be why didn't he get the job in 2015 when he was one of the hot assistants in the league and worked for Denver at the time?

I wouldnt imagine its common to hire a coordinator after firing the HC. Interim situations maybe where the interim coach did well, but end of season firings seems like the coordinators are a longshot 

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Since Elway became GM/VP in 2011, the Broncos have gone 78-50 (.609), with a stretch of 5 straight division titles and a Super Bowl.  The year before he was hired, they went 4-12. 

His first draft pick was Von Miller.  He found both Danny Trevathan and Matt Paradis in the 6th round.  He acquired Peyton Manning in 2012 and DeMarcus Ware in 2014.

You wouldn't want to work for Elway?  Cool story.  Lot's of HC's would, and will likely have success under him, given his track record.

Yikes!

What else? You think Gaze is creepy? OMG what have we done?

Elway did not interview McCarthy and 5 of the other head coaches hired plus he could not get on the same page as his buddy and own SB winning HC - so it does not matter - Gase is our guy now and I am fine with that 

that said, I think Fangio will do well, did not know much about him before this round of coaching changes but seems like he has potential to be a good HC

1 hour ago, CTM said:

I wouldnt imagine its common to hire a coordinator after firing the HC. Interim situations maybe where the interim coach did well, but end of season firings seems like the coordinators are a longshot 

If there is a hot assistant it happens.  It happened for us when we hired Joe Walton after firing Walt Michaels, we hired Pete Carroll when we fired Bruce coslet, the Giants fired Coughlin for McAdoo.  I'm sure there are many more examples.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

If there is a hot assistant it happens.  It happened for us when we hired Joe Walton after firing Walt Michaels, we hired Pete Carroll when we fired Bruce coslet, the Giants fired Coughlin for McAdoo.  I'm sure there are many more examples.

Coughlin resigned I thought. And the jets havent exactly been smart historically about coaching hires, so in general not a good example  ;)

Point taken however 

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Coughlin resigned I thought. And the jets havent exactly been smart historically about coaching hires, so in general not a good example  ;)

Point taken however 

I didn't say they were smart moves ?

Officially Coughlin resigned but he was fired.

Archived